Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 PGA Tour

2018 PGA Tour

Rahm: If I thought like Phil, I could not hit a shot

When it comes to Jon Rahm and Phil Mickelson, there are plenty of common bonds. Both starred at Arizona State, both are now repped by the same agency and Rahm's former college coach and agent, Tim Mickelson, now serves full-time as his brother's caddie.
    Those commonalities mean the two men have played plenty of practice rounds together, but the roads quickly diverge when it comes to on-course behavior. Rahm is quick, fiery and decisive; Mickelson is one of the most analytical players on Tour. And as Rahm told reporters Wednesday at the CareerBuilder Challenge, those differences won't end anytime soon.
    "I don't need much. 'OK, it's like 120 (yards), this shot, right," Rahm said. "And then you have Phil, it's like, 'Oh, this shot, the moisture, this going on, this is like one mile an hour wind sideways, it's going to affect it one yard. This green is soft, this trajectory. They're thinking, and I'm like, 'I'm lost.' I'm like, 'God if I do that thought process, I could not hit a golf shot.'"

The tactics may be more simplified, but Rahm can't argue with the results. While Mickelson is in the midst of a winless drought that is approaching five years, Rahm won three times around the world last year and will defend a PGA Tour title for the first time next week at Torrey Pines.
    Both men are in the field this week in Palm Springs, where Mickelson will make his 2018 debut with what Rahm fully expects to be another dose of high-level analytics for the five-time major winner with his brother on the bag.

"It's funny, he gets to the green and then it's the same thing. He's very detail-oriented," Rahm said of Mickelson. "I'm there listening and I'm like, 'Man, I hope we're never paired together for anything because I can't think like this. I would not be able to play golf like that. But for me to listen to all that is really fun."

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/g...alysis-im-lost

hopefully tiger can stay healthy

2018 PGA Tour thread

Didn't see one started. If I missed it I'll delete this.

El tigre showed some signs of his old brilliance today. Looks like he'll make the cut too. I say that's a win at this point.

I for one hope for a healthy year for Tiger.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

He's played so little golf over the past few years now that it's definitely going to take some time for Tiger to shake the rust off and get his feel back on those random touch shots.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    He's played so little golf over the past few years now that it's definitely going to take some time for Tiger to shake the rust off and get his feel back on those random touch shots.
    That's where he played best today. Some great short shots. His longer clubs were the problem. You are right the rust still needs to come off but if he starts hitting fairways watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog; His longer clubs were the problem. You are right the rust still needs to come off but if he starts hitting fairways watch out.

Sent from my XT1650 using [URL=http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=84222
    TGR Forums mobile app[/URL]
    Torrey Pines is a true test of long hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Torrey Pines is a true test of long hitting.
    Thankfully he's got a bit of experience getting out of trouble.

Phil making a charge at the end.

I like that tony finau is playing well. Local Utah kid.

Good to see Tiger make the cut. Really hope he finds his game, stays healthy, and makes a prolonged comeback this time. Miss watching him play.

Nice to see Phil come in at -6.

Got Finau on my fantasy team this week, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

throwing head covers at your caddie is always classy
    http://www.golfchannel.com/article/g...gibson-penalty

Sorry this thread does appear to be a repeat, wyeaster started one on the 18th. Search here sucks. My terms we're PGA and it didn't come up with wyeaster thread....got last year's not this...ooooh it starts with 2018...I guess search only uses first word of a thread title...could a mod consolidate these? Or shall I delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Sorry this thread does appear to be a repeat, wyeaster started one on the 18th. Search here sucks. My terms we're PGA and it didn't come up with wyeaster thread....got last year's not this...ooooh it starts with 2018...I guess search only uses first word of a thread title...could a mod consolidate these? Or shall I delete?

This does seem like an occasion of two threads that are new enough that a merge would make sense. I'll give it a shot.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    This does seem like an occasion of two threads that are new enough that a merge would make sense. I'll give it a shot.
    or you or i can delete mine. makes zero difference to me. i didn't see the second one.

And then there was one.

Fuck that caddy, shoulda had a club thrown at him. Picking up the player's ball without permission/direction?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Thanks Tye. Sorry for the duplicate.

Go tiger.
    Go phil

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Good to see Tiger make the cut. Really hope he finds his game, stays healthy, and makes a prolonged comeback this time. Miss watching him play.

Nice to see Phil come in at -6.

Got Finau on my fantasy team this week, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
    4 back operations? He isn't coming back. And it's hard for me to root for an arrogant jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    4 back operations? He isn't coming back. And it's hard for me to root for an arrogant jerk.
    I hope you eat these words.

they're all arrogant jerks and none of them are close to as good as he was

nice bunker shot from tiger on the par 3

Good to see Jason Day Day playing well 15 months after bad back.

You should probably stop watching sports altogether... I have some bad news for you about the majority of pro athletes.

Can’t say enough about modern medicine. I think Tiger holds up this time. It’s now or never for him. If he could do anything off the tee, he’d be way up the leaderboard. Scrambling has been an A. Driving not so much.

Tiger talked about his training cycle determining his schedule. I suspect he is not in peak form for this event. As much as he would like to win Torrey I doubt that he "planned" for a win this weekend.

Watching LPGA. Goddamn Michelle Wie is a stunning woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Can’t say enough about modern medicine. I think Tiger holds up this time. It’s now or never for him. If he could do anything off the tee, he’d be way up the leaderboard. Scrambling has been an A. Driving not so much.
    i think his previous back problem may be fixed but whether the rest of him holds together or not remains to be seen. he's still 41 with a lot of reps. i hope he does because i still believe he is mentally stronger than anybody out there. he made the cut. that's a pretty good start. i've only seen highlights and read reports but his short game seems pretty solid. he's only going to get better driving.

did i just see a fan jump up to interfere with a wayward tee shot?

Man if tiger was driving it straight I think the field might fear him more..his scrambling has been great, and that rough is tough so the back seems to be holding up.