Which for BC and which for resort: Ranger Ti 108 and Pinnacle 105

K2 Pinnacle 105 177cm
    Fischer Ranger Ti 108 182sm
    5'8" 165lbs, style is more of a billy goat than a charger

These are the skis I have, so not looking for recommendations for different sticks, Just trying to figure out which to mount with Kingpins and which to mount with Attack 13s. Both will be skied with MTN Labs, and mostly in the Sierras and will be quivers of one when I'm traveling (Utah and Colorado, mostly). Currently have Armada Kufo 108s with Radical STs and feel like I went too lightweight. Value edge grip and predictability in the backcountry for when the only option down is icy/firm.

Bigger skis inbounds and smaller skis backcountry were you are more likely to have to keep the speed aspect down and value manuverability. Shorter skis are more ice skate like on firm conditions as well.

Just figured out that the reason I hate the Kufos may have more to do with the 17mm delta on the Radicals than the skis themselves. Looks like the solution is a $30 riser before I drill the new sticks. Seems to be a dearth of reviews for any of the 3 so maybe I'll come back to the thread and add thoughts once I get the bindings eliminated as the source of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    Just figured out that the reason I hate the Kufos may have more to do with the 17mm delta on the Radicals than the skis themselves. Looks like the solution is a $30 riser before I drill the new sticks. Seems to be a dearth of reviews for any of the 3 so maybe I'll come back to the thread and add thoughts once I get the bindings eliminated as the source of the problem.
    The bindings are definitely a problem. I don't know why the hell they ever thought anyone would like a delta that high. Its hard to even add enough plate underneath the toe to make it work. You are almost better off buying new heel pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    177cm
    ooh they're so cute!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    ooh they're so cute!
    I *am* just a widdle guy.

Although now that I eyeball them, I’m realizing rocker/rocker shortens the fuck out of skis. They have like half the running length of my 186 bigstix 110s...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums