Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Job dilemna

Omg iceman is just some regular user
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don't know what came over me.
    gross

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    So you're saying your fry station has a window now.
    Maybe it is just the drive-through window that he can see out of....

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    If you want a conscious tell me more. How long ago did you start the new Job?
    just how big a difference is there in salary. Oh no flexibility on the interview time? ?? Fuck that. You don't want to work for them

Problem is there are likely a dozen other suitable candidates since the employer is looking at resumes and does not know if OP is special at what he does. Everybody looks good on paper and unless you come highly recommended from someone, they will not usually stay late to interview you when there's other suitable candidates.

OP has to determine if the expected pros and cons are worth taking a shot at taking a day off when he is new to the current job. I was in a similar situation and took 2 days off for an interview, one to prep and one for the interview. I don't think I've ever taken 2 consecutive sick days (said i had a stomach disorder) off in my 40 year career, but i could tell the new wasn't going to work out and wanted to give myself the best shot of getting out of that hellhole.

I did not get the job, but got another job closer to home and more pay that i had been in contact with before getting the shitty job. Job hunting sux, so I'd take the shot going to the interview and just say you were sick or had family emergency. IMO, if you cannot afford to take a day off you probably don't wanna work there, but it's different because OP is new there.