Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    They just sound like a PIA if you're not a real racer boy. ( no insult intended ) Molded foot beds, and some time with a GregL or Billy will land you in some sick boots that fit dynamite.

Purchasing Plug Boots

I’m a pain in the ass for a while in the beginning, but then I last and last and last. There’s nothing on me to break, I never “pack out”, and I stay hard for years.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Can't buy me in a store. I would somehow contact the local Lange rep, (get his/her name from a shop or whatever), and buy me that way. Also I am very hard to buy during the season. I usually get purchased pre-season.
    Best to buy me from a base shop so you can take a run or two, then go into said shop and grind the parts of me away that hurt.

Yes, I hurt, but I'm worth it.
    Regarding base shop go see Joe Henderson at Crystal. He's taken over from Martin Rand after many years working with him.

Great guy, does excellent work. He can probably help source the boots too if he doesn't already have them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    This.

Tecnica Mach 1 LV, and previous iterations of it - the R9.8 130, are the lowest volume in the midfoot, heel, and throat out of all the boots in that 98mm last category, but with tolerable instep space. If you want lower volume still, either the R9.5 110 or the Tecnica Inferno R 130 are in the 95mm last range, great for skinny legs.
    I have super skinny heels and calves. The Mach 1 LV has excellent heel hold for me and I'm not close to maxxing out the top buckle. It does have a fairly high instep with medium width forefoot. Buckling tight enough to get the instep down compressed my forefoot and was very painful. A few hard insoles between liner and bootboard took care of the problem. Plus their orange--the second fastest color.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Formerly the Garmont G1 130, the boot has been rebadged with the venerable Scott name .... It is tight and stiff and will probably require a trip to the bootfitter.
    How does the fit of the Scott G1 130 compare to the fit of the Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD130 and the Lange XT 130 Freetour?

^haven’t tried those on, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
    How does the fit of the Scott G1 130 compare to the fit of the Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD130 and the Lange XT 130 Freetour?
    No idea on the Lange.

As I posted above, I use the Garmont Shaman boot, which is the same as the G1/ G2. The only shell modification I needed was a small metatarsal punch. I recently paid way too much in order to get the Atomic Hawx XTD because it fits my foot like it was made for me. As with all things boot related, YMMV and go try it on instead of relying on internet advice. But if one fits you well, it's worth checking out the other.

If you're thinking those boots will ski the same because they both say 130, you're going to be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    As with all things boot related, YMMV and go try it on instead of relying on internet advice. But if one fits you well, it's worth checking out the other.

Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD fits me well, but looking for a boot for my gay lover who has narrower feet than me. He's 5'6" and not that heavy, so wondering if he should track down the Scott G1 110 to try on. Anyone want to demand a dick pic before giving further advice on the right boot for him?

Doberman WCs are the standard for narrow (93mm) and easy to customize boots. When I met her my wife was suffering from a lifetime of swimming in too wide ski boots, so I found out where she could get fitted (it was an 8hr drive to Banff), and with some small adjustments (pulling the rivets so the flex matched her recreational skiing ability) she couldn’t be happier. Other than replacing the liner every 5 years, they’re a lifetime investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If you have to ask about plug boots, you don't need them. If you need plug boots, they will find you.

For the rest of us, the recreational race versions of the Head Raptor and Lange RS is plenty of boot.
    This.

Plug boots = 16+? Hours of boot work

Lange rs 140 has done me well fwiw. Still need to put them under the heater in the truck to put on in the morning. Could be a but stiffer fore and aft... but generally plenty stiff. Very upright boot good for my long tibias and limited dorsiflexion

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by skinipenem; 01-20-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
    Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD fits me well, but looking for a boot for my gay lover who has narrower feet than me. He's 5'6" and not that heavy, so wondering if he should track down the Scott G1 110 to try on. Anyone want to demand a dick pic before giving further advice on the right boot for him?
    PM Rontele with that pic.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Why are people comparing touring boots (Hawx Utra XTD) to plug boots? Apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    Why are people comparing touring boots (Hawx Utra XTD) to plug boots? Apples and oranges.
    I'm not sure anybody is comparing Hawx Ultra XTDs to plug boots, I just caused a bit of thread drift away from plug boots, sorry, thread hijack over.

For anyone looking for the Shaman or Scott G1, 2nd Tracks in Salt Lake City at the Millcreek location has a used pair of 28.5 Garmont G1 130 for $100, with minty looking alpine sole blocks. They also had new Scott G1 and G2, IIRC in 26.5. Those Garmonts are red so they're the fastest.

We spent a lot of time yesterday shopping for new boots for Mrs. C and ended up with the Tecnica Mach1 LV women's version. She tried on every single brand of boot and the Tecnica was it for her foot.