Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    My tongue is numb. But as long as I don't miss a powder day I'll deal with feeling down for a day. Flu did suck that one time I had it a few years ago.
    And skiers are a nasty lot to hang out with.
    What does eating pussy have to do with flu shots?

Well thanks to his wonderful thread I learned that she could be contagious before symptoms, so there ya go.

A colleague at Cincinnati Children's Hospital just passed after experiencing flu-like symptoms last Thursday. Her dad found her dead on Friday after she called for a ride to ER. Twenty seven years old.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    A colleague at Cincinnati Children's Hospital just passed after experiencing flu-like symptoms last Thursday. Her dad found her dead on Friday after she called for a ride to ER. Twenty seven years old.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Either we know some of the same extended contacts or this is a common story
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I don't know the version that i received, it was at rite aid. This year, i didn't feel anything, and i felt absolutely fine afterward at the injection site and symptom-wise. This is not typical for me.

Because i am surrounded by conspiracy theories (living in western NV county and all), i jokingly think that i received a saline injection because of my lack of physical response. I'm ok with that, as being a firm believer in the placebo effect.

For me, i do not like getting the flu because it kicks my ass. In doing so, i end up taking a lot of PTO from work that i otherwise would spend doing fun things, my work projects go into a tail spin, and my wife has to work super hard given that she has a paying job, we have three kids, cats, dog, heat with wood, live in the sticks, etc.; and then flu always corresponds with a major winter storm cycle. And then if my wife comes down with it at the same time I'm still bed-ridden, shit gets pretty tough.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app
    +1 but I normally go to work to save the shitstorm that happens if I don't. Flu really kicks me in the nuts. I don't think everyone experiences the flu the same way and I think that is why a lot of people don't get the shot.

It's free through work or insurance. No brainer.

Viva sorry to hear. 27. Crazy young.

that sucks about the colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    +1 but I normally go to work to save the shitstorm that happens if I don't. Flu really kicks me in the nuts. I don't think everyone experiences the flu the same way and I think that is why a lot of people don't get the shot.

It's free through work or insurance. No brainer.

Viva sorry to hear. 27. Crazy young.
    all with the realization that we can be contagious and not have symptoms, i avoid working at my office (or other public places) when feeling sick as much as possible. i can sometimes work from home. about 10 years ago, a small portion of my office (corner of the office floor plan) all caught viral bronchitus. it was ruthless, with symptoms that came and went and eventually got really bad before everybody recoverd. we all showed up to work multiple times during our episodes (inadvertently spreading the disease) because we thought we were over it, only to get floored later that day or night. it sucked

that sucks about the colleague.

all with the realization that we can be contagious and not have symptoms, i avoid working at my office (or other public places) when feeling sick as much as possible. i can sometimes work from home. about 10 years ago, a small portion of my office (corner of the office floor plan) all caught viral bronchitus. it was ruthless, with symptoms that came and went and eventually got really bad before everybody recoverd. we all showed up to work multiple times during our episodes (inadvertently spreading the disease) because we thought we were over it, only to get floored later that day or night. it sucked
    Whatever that little virus was that I had a week or so ago seems to be back but now I'm feeling it just a tad in my chest. Very low grade. No coughing just a slight heaviness. Not wanting to infect others I decided it was best to skip yoga today. Wish my instructor had done the same two weeks ago when she gave this to me (started class saying she wasn't feeling well so she wouldn't be doing any adjusting during class but unfortunately it's a small room and I was up front).
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Oh no! The Fluz are going to get you!
    Your entire arguement seems to be based on the nasal vaccine not working. Why are you against the injected vaccine?

Linking to a chiropractic site about vaccines, seriously...

Do you refuse antibiotics and all other pharmaceutical products? If not, why vaccines?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Whatever that little virus was that I had a week or so ago seems to be back but now I'm feeling it just a tad in my chest. Very low grade. No coughing just a slight heaviness. Not wanting to infect others I decided it was best to skip yoga today. Wish my instructor had done the same two weeks ago when she gave this to me (started class saying she wasn't feeling well so she wouldn't be doing any adjusting during class but unfortunately it's a small room and I was up front).
    Institutional work ethic!!!

Good luck.

mine has come back just a tad in the chest too. Feels deep in the lungs, but not "bad." But I do have a hard time to taking a deep breath. Then I think, oh is it coming back and going to kill me? I might be pessimistic with those types of things.

vibes to the colleague. That is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Institutional work ethic!!!

Good luck.
    Time for another long hot Epsom salt/essential oil soak in the Jacuzzi tub! Add a tall glass of sparkling ginger-lemon water and put on some Billie Holiday and I'm a happy camper.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

One thing about these bad colds and viral bronchitis--while you're only contagious for a week or so at the most, the symptoms can last for many weeks. The virus and the immune response to it damages the mucus membrains in the nose, throat, trachea and even bronchi--so the cough and runny, stuffed nose will last until the membranes are healed.

Since URI's and flu are contagious a day before symptoms develop, it's best to stay home the day before you get sick. Better yet, just don't work during the flu season. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Since URI's and flu are contagious a day before symptoms develop, it's best to stay home the day before you get sick. Better yet, just don't work during the flu season. Better safe than sorry.
    can I get a prescription for that, doc?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    can I get a prescription for that, doc?
    That depends. I only take bitcoins.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Your entire arguement seems to be based on the nasal vaccine not working. Why are you against the injected vaccine?

Do you refuse antibiotics and all other pharmaceutical products? If not, why vaccines?
    Dude, he's an overweight white dude who married a Panamanian voodoo priestess and she told him all western medicine and white people are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Dude, he's an overweight white dude who married a Panamanian voodoo priestess and she told him all western medicine and white people are evil.
    That would actually explain why dbs is the way he is... is that accurate?

The news tonight had doctors citing a "cytokine storm" for the reason young healthy people are dying from this flu. They make it sound like 1918 all over again.

Then there's this:

Going out in public with the flu or cold? You could actually be fined

TRI-CITIES, WA - Did you know that if you leave your house with the flu or cold, you could be fined?

As the flu outbreak continues to grow, people are doing everything they can to prevent themselves from getting sick.

Those who aren't so lucky and already have the flu can be slapped with a fine under a Washington state law if they go out in public. The law states that any person who willfully exposes themselves with any contagious or infectious disease in a public place, without another person's knowledge, can be found guilty of a misdemeanor.

So for those of you sick at home, get some rest and avoid going outside.

The news tonight had doctors citing a "cytokine storm" for the reason young healthy people are dying from this flu. They make it sound like 1918 all over again.

Then there's this:

Going out in public with the flu or cold? You could actually be fined

TRI-CITIES, WA - Did you know that if you leave your house with the flu or cold, you could be fined?

As the flu outbreak continues to grow, people are doing everything they can to prevent themselves from getting sick.

Those who aren't so lucky and already have the flu can be slapped with a fine under a Washington state law if they go out in public. The law states that any person who willfully exposes themselves with any contagious or infectious disease in a public place, without another person's knowledge, can be found guilty of a misdemeanor.

So for those of you sick at home, get some rest and avoid going outside.
    One of the most shocking and interesting things about the 1918 flu was that they gave it to prisoners in an experiment and none of them got it. Literally put mucus from dieing patients into prisoners mouths. Conversely villages who hadn't had visitors in weeks got it.

The hardest hit community of note from the Spanish Influenza was German Samoa (occupied by NZ at the time). 22% of the population died. They could have quarantined.

John Poyer was the Naval Governor of American Samoa. He quarantined the islands when he heard about the flu. ZERO deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

I used the spray vaccine as an example to show that the pharmaceutical companies don't give a shit about your health, they only care about their bottom line.

I linked to the chiropractor sure because he wrote up a good article with many solid links to reputable research which backs up my general opinion about the flu vaccine.

I also posted a link to an article with a quote from a CDC doctor saying that the only reason the CDC recommends everyone take the vaccine is because that was easier than telling the public that "this group, and this group, etc..." should take the vaccine.

In general I try to avoid antibiotics. The extreme overuse of antibiotics is a huge problem for society and hopefully doesn't bite us in the ass too bad.

Why vaccines? Well I'd rather risk getting the flu (again worst I ever got it was the last year I got the flu shot) than risk the side effects of the vaccine. While there is a much higher percentage chance of getting the flu than getting GBS from the flu shot I'll take my chances and bank on the fact that I'm generally very healthy. Additionally I don't trust the other junk in the flu shot such as formaldehyde and aluminum salts. Additionally I am vegan and don't want to ingest gelatin or chicken proteins.

It's simply not worth it to me just to avoid a bout with the flu.

Well I'd rather risk getting the flu (again worst I ever got it was the last year I got the flu shot)
    The confirmation bias is strong in this one.

I used the spray vaccine as an example to show that the pharmaceutical companies don't give a shit about your health, they only care about their bottom line.

I linked to the chiropractor sure because he wrote up a good article with many solid links to reputable research which backs up my general opinion about the flu vaccine.

I also posted a link to an article with a quote from a CDC doctor saying that the only reason the CDC recommends everyone take the vaccine is because that was easier than telling the public that "this group, and this group, etc..." should take the vaccine.

In general I try to avoid antibiotics. The extreme overuse of antibiotics is a huge problem for society and hopefully doesn't bite us in the ass too bad.

Why vaccines? Well I'd rather risk getting the flu (again worst I ever got it was the last year I got the flu shot) than risk the side effects of the vaccine. While there is a much higher percentage chance of getting the flu than getting GBS from the flu shot I'll take my chances and bank on the fact that I'm generally very healthy. Additionally I don't trust the other junk in the flu shot such as formaldehyde and aluminum salts. Additionally I am vegan and don't want to ingest gelatin or chicken proteins.

It's simply not worth it to me just to avoid a bout with the flu.
    So you still have no evidence against the injected vaccine. And you will take antibiotics even though they come from big pharma. Good for you for avoiding them when unnecessary but are they not part of big pharma?

PS - Ironically, if the worse flu you ever got was the year you received the flu vaccine, it may have saved your life. The flu vaccine reduces the intensity of the flu as a primary goal, preventing you from ever getting it is the secondary goal.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/v...e-outcomes.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    How does she look naked?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Well I'd rather risk getting the flu (again worst I ever got it was the last year I got the flu shot) than risk the side effects of the vaccine.
    I think we're ok with that.

Additionally I am vegan and don't want to ingest gelatin or chicken proteins.
    That idiocy alone makes me reconsider my choice.

Nah, not really.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"