ON3P Kartel 116 Stolen at Alta Today

Hey if any Utah Mags see a pair of 2017/18 181 Kartel 116s with Pivot 18s for sale somewhere please let me know. There are 2 small repairs on the base of one ski and the other is clean. They were taken outside Goldminer's Daughter this morning.

Hmmm..... sounds like there's a bit of a thievery problem there.....

Sorry man. Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Lame. Will keep an eye out on ksl and at the bird. What color pivots?

lame shit. will also be on the lookout

White Pivot 18s thanks Mags really appreciate it!!

LAME
    Good luck tracking them down
    Uno mas

Shit that sucks! I was walking by gmd on my way back to the truck this morning to change up skis and heard a girl looking for skis and it sounded like they took her poles as well. That was late morning ish.

Edit to add I think I saw that pair of ON3P'S on the way to get our passes and the wife says they were still there at 945 going to the car to boot up. Then I thought I saw them later at the anglestation on Collins. Probably two different pairs though. I notice ON3P'S since we have 4 pairs in the family quiver.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Yeah I showed up around 10:20 and put them in the rack, booted up and came back out at 10:40 and they were gone. Poles too, Armada Carbon TI Adjustables with the wrist straps removed. Another woman had her skis and poles taken as well, hopefully she can recover hers.

Damn! Sorry to hear that. It sounds as if it's time to start splitting skis on the rack..

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I've been going to GMD for many years and this has always been an issue. The mellow vibe of Alta and all of the really good people there is definitely tarnished by this out east this doesn't really happen maybe hiring a security guard would help
    Hope that you find the asshole

I find that you really can't leave skis anywhere near the drop off circle..it's so easy to just grab skis and load em in a car. No one notices as it's common to see people dropping shit off. I always go in the far East door to gmd and put my skis on the rack furthest from the drop off.

Sucks the reports of this are so many this year. I will keep an eye on KSL as i watch that board like a hawk.

Sorry for this bullshit. Ruins the Alta vibe.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

May wanna give 2nd tracks and gear room a heads up - especially if you have a photo of the gear

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for the comments and support guys hopefully this gets resolved soon. Gonna call a bunch of pawn shops in SLC and consignment stores today

Stuck in the Live Music Capital of the World
    That sucks. Hoping for mega instant karma for thieves.

This sucks. In December at Sunshine Village in AB, I finished my day on the ski out bottom of the Gondola and near where I was parked we're two police cars and a crowd of about 8 people. Turns out as reported later on the local Facebook page, a person was caught stealing about 6 pairs of skis, supposedly taking multiple Gondola rides and bringing skis down. So these people do get caught...sometimes.

Bummer dude, I’ll keep an eye out on the interwebs. What’s the deal at Alta? Meth heads or punk kids?

If they're in a pawn shop you're going to need the serial number. If you don't have it ON3P should be able to get it to you. If you file a police report your serial number will be put into a data base that pawn shop owners are required to check once during the 15 days the item is on hold, before it goes out to the floor for sale. I fucking hate ski thieves. Will keep my eyes peeled. A picture would be helpful for those who aren't familiar with the ski.

Wow sucks big time...

I have left my skis there a lot without even thinking.... both ON3P Billy Goats and Kartel 108s

won't do it again this year...

hope you get them back and the duckers are caught!!!

Had my skis swiped before on the last day of the season, makes you sick to your stomach. I was fortunate to find the guy skiing on them the following season on opening day, after a little confrontation I got my skis back. I like the suggestion of checking KSL/Craigslist/2nd Tracks, but my guess is it some dirtbag college kid that couldn't afford to get his own and they are likely not going to be sold. The plus side is that Pivot 18 is more binding than most need and should be readily noticeable on that ON3P setup. Good luck, stay vigilant, and I hope you get your sticks back intact.

Thanks guys really appreciate all the support. Hope to find them on KSL and I stopped by 2nd Tracks and the Gear Room and gave them a description of the skis and my number. Looks like insurance may cover it. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by NS05672 View Post
    Thanks guys really appreciate all the support. Hope to find them on KSL and I stopped by 2nd Tracks and the Gear Room and gave them a description of the skis and my number. Looks like insurance may cover it. Fingers crossed.
    What insurance policy, Homeowners? What’s the deductible on stolen skis? Awesome that you may save a few bucks here

Sux, hope you get them back and this fkhd gets the beat down he deserves.
    watch out for snakes

Renter's Insurance through Progressive. $250 deductible, the retail on skis poles and bindings is like $1400 so should hopefully get some help from them.

Damn that’s a dank setup. Sorry for your loss