Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dolores O’Riordan, Cranberries lead singer, dies at age of 46

This is terrible, being of Irish lineage, we listened to her a lot over the years.
    Way too young
    RIP Dolores

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...f-46-1.3356279

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Wow. Bummer. I still listen to "everybody else is doing it, so why can`t we?"
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

that sucks

saw that this morning, sad to hear. she was great.

Yup and to young to of passed on. My best wishes to her family.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Wow. Bummer. I still listen to "everybody else is doing it, so why can`t we?"
    classic album, I remember getting it for a christmas present from my mom. never gets stale

Wow, that’s a shocker.
    Is this an OD?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Wow, that’s a shocker.
    Is this an OD?
    I hope not, but died suddenly....kinda choked up over this. Cranberries was a soundtrack to some good memories.

Fucking tragic. Rest in peace Dolores O'Riodan. This was all time, her soaring voice, the vibe. Having had family members and friends blown up in the 'troubles' and other conflicts. Fuck war ☮️
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
    Gone fishing

Knarlly. I was just listening to them after I got my pandora set up on Alexa after Xmas. She looked great and was touring.

Rip

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Liked the music, they still are not sayin how/ why she died
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Liked the music, they still are not sayin how/ why she died
    Mental health issues and suicidal stuff all her life.

I'm sure there's a reason they haven't said why yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Mental health issues and suicidal stuff all her life.

I'm sure there's a reason they haven't said why yet.
    maybe it does not matter and we should just celebrate what she was.?

but. Very successful in her public life. Obviously had the means do whatever she wanted to do: money"""" not an issue

So i am curious
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Girl had some serious pipes. Love her sound. R.I.P Dolores, your music will live on.

Damn. Way too fucking young. She'll be missed.

Damn shame. Not sure what else to say. I’ve got “Dreams” playing in my head right now.

still sucks

Here’s what people had to say about RTÉ’s Dolores O'Riordan documentary

Here’s what people had to say about RTÉ’s Dolores O'Riordan documentary

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 10:08 AM
    By Anna O'Donoghue

Last night RTÉ paid tribute to the late Dolores O’Riordan with a new documentary called Dolores.

The 40-minute programme, produced by radio DJ Dave Fanning, traced the life and times of the Cranberries frontwoman and contained never before seen interviews, promo videos, and live footage.
    There were interviews with her former band members, who chatted about the time she showed up to the audition in a tracksuit with a keyboard under her arm, as well as in-depth chats with Fanning about her struggles with mental health.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ry-828899.html
    Last edited by fls; 02-20-2018 at 07:07 PM.

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

The Cranberries Will Complete New Album In Tribute To Dolores

https://www.nova.ie/music/cranberrie...album-tribute/

The Cranberries have released a statement thanking their fans for their support since Dolores’ passing and confirmed that they will be releasing new music. Noel, Mike and Ferg said the following as part of a statement:
    ‘Firstly we would like to thank everyone for their support and kind words over the past few weeks. As you can imagine this has been a very sad and difficult time, not only for us, but also for Dolores’ family. Reading through the messages you all sent has been amazing. To see how much of a positive impact Dolores has on people’s lives is so lovely and gives some comfort at this very difficult time. A lot of people have been asking what does the future hold for the band? We have been discussing this over the past few days.’
    ‘Over the past few months, the writing process for a new Cranberries album had begun with a lot of the songs already quite well developed. Dolores had already recorded vocals on these tracks so we’ve decided to finish them as it is what she would have wanted. We don’t know how many tracks will make the final album right now but it was Dolores’ wish that we complete the recording of the album and release it so we are going to do just that in the coming months.’

‘As well as finishing the new album there are a few more Cranberries projects that were already underway. We will look at each as time permits. Again, thank you for all your support. We will try our best to keep you all up to date on things as they unfold.’

"Some folks may have the luxury to hold out for “the perfect.” But a lot of Americans are hurting right now and they can’t wait for that." - Hillary Clinton

She had the tortured tone that make singers great.
    Dropped this in the music books and movies thread a few days ago.
    What a great fucking voice....

So sad.

https://apnews.com/amp/237673dcf0474...mpression=true

Inquest: Cranberries singer O'Riordan drowned after drinking

By JILL LAWLESS

LONDON (AP) — The Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan accidentally drowned in a bathtub after drinking, a coroner's inquest concluded Thursday.
    A police officer told the inquest at Westminster Coroner's Court that a pajama-clad O'Riordan was found submerged in her bathtub at a London hotel on the morning of Jan. 15.

The 46-year-old singer didn't leave a note and there was no evidence of self-harm.

Five miniature alcohol bottles and a bottle of champagne were found in the room, and toxicology tests revealed a blood alcohol level four times the legal limit for driving. "Therapeutic" amounts of prescription medication were also found, the inquest heard.

Coroner Shirley Radcliffe said that O'Riordan died from drowning because of alcohol intoxication.

"There's no evidence that this was anything other than an accident," she said.

Inquests are held in Britain to determine the facts in sudden, violent or unexplained deaths. O'Riordan's inquest was held on what would have been her 47th birthday.

The Cranberries formed in the Irish city of Limerick at the end of the 1980s and had international hits in the '90s with songs including "Dream," ''Linger" and "Zombie."

O'Riordan had suffered physical and mental health problems over the years. The Cranberries cut short a world tour in 2017 because of the singer's back problems. She had also spoken in interviews about being sexually abused as a child, her battles with depression and a diagnosis of bipolar disorder.
    At the time of her death she was in London for a recording session, and was planning a tour. After her death, Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar said that "for anyone who grew up in Ireland in the 1990s, Dolores O'Riordan was the voice of a generation."

The other members of The Cranberries said in a statement Thursday that they "continue to struggle to come to terms with what happened."

"Dolores will live on eternally in her music," they said. "To see how much of a positive impact she had on people's lives has been a source of great comfort to us."

Sad indeed. RIP

A very Irish way to go.