Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alamosa, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Why would you need to hide it from co workers? How many days a week are they paying you for? I could envision it might be 7,
    While down there I am going to be crazy busy, working my ass off. Would rather not advertise that I am thinking about recreation. But truthfully, a bike just seems more trouble than it is worth for the likelihood that I am going to have time (and that the weather will cooperate).

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Dude, I know you are from NYC and parts of the San Luis have a rep for some vatos loco but really it's Colorado. Is there anywhere you don't feel safe? What is the most dangerous part of the state, the bus stop at Colfax and Peoria?
    FTR, most of the NYer in me has long since disappeared. If it was still in there, I probably would not have asked. But I hear so much about how the small towns are struggling with meth/opioids, and figured maybe I should ask. Wasn't really planning on being concerned.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've spent quite a bit of time in the last almost 20 years going through and hanging in Alamosa.

I can say in general terms, and in Colorado terms, that it is a shithole. Yes, it applies.

You won't be close enough to ski anything with your schedule.

The beer is mediocre (it exists, therefore it is good). This is the best Mexican that I would put up there with anything in the state:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._Colorado.html

Bring the bike! Put it in your room. Bring the bike.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The Roast for coffee. Good space to read/work also. Right across from the courthouse. The brewpub has mediocre food, but it’s a good place to have some drinks. Square Peg guys brew next door too. The Rubi Slipper has good food. Try the cheesecake. Serious. There’s a nice walking path/dike along the north side of town near the Rio Grande and golf course. Zapata Falls is a nice easy hike out near the dunes. MTM really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The SLV isn’t for everybody, and has its downsides, but it’s so much better than most of the rat race of the front range.

joyful journey hot springs are some of my favorite in colorado

know this chick who lives in alamosa, she digs it, one side of the railroad tracks is safe, the other side is not, depending on how lawyerly you look when your wandering around town, she's never had any issues and runs, rides, and wanders around aimlessly. On the bad side of the rail road tracks there is this mexican bodega that is pretty sweet, real deal, they'll look at you funny and all that shit, but if you spend money they will like you and you'll become a regular, just don't eat too much the lard will fuck you up

There is plenty of meth heroin alcohol and poverty to make you wonder if your on colfax though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity's Gone View Post
    MTM really doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The SLV isn’t for everybody, and has its downsides, but it’s so much better than most of the rat race of the front range.
    I actually do know what I am talking about; and I never defended the rat race of the front range either.

Thanks y'all.

MTM, I found mention of a disc golf course, so it can't be all bad!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Am I the only one that thinks it's fucked that we have a culture where Danno might be looked down on if he has the audacity to have a little fun/exercise instead of working? A little bike ride or hike or ski to clear the head will probably be beneficial to productivity anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I found mention of a disc golf course, so it can't be all bad!
    SLV tip: Everything is a front for drugs.

Oh, wait. That's frolf!

Thanks y'all.

MTM, I found mention of a disc golf course, so it can't be all bad!
    Looks fun

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobil...se.php?id=4550

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I actually do know what I am talking about; and I never defended the rat race of the front range either.
    Huh, well ok if you say so and quote our fearless leader.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks it's fucked that we have a culture where Danno might be looked down on if he has the audacity to have a little fun/exercise instead of working? A little bike ride or hike or ski to clear the head will probably be beneficial to productivity anyway.
    Yeah, it's not that exercise is frowned upon. But this is a massive undertaking. Going for a run, working out, nobody would bat an eye. Bringing a mt bike to drive to trails and be gone for hours might be, depending on the circumstances of where we are on things.

Yeah, it's not that exercise is frowned upon. But this is a massive undertaking. Going for a run, working out, nobody would bat an eye. Bringing a mt bike to drive to trails and be gone for hours might be, depending on the circumstances of where we are on things.
    The disc course is flat, fun. You can walk back along the river by going through the green cattle gate on your left as you drive into the parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity's Gone View Post
    The disc course is flat, fun. You can walk back along the river by going through the green cattle gate on your left as you drive into the parking area.
    I don't think Danno be hucking the plastic.

What the hell are you doing there that you couldn’t escape for a few hours at some point over several weeks to ride your bike?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am going to have to trust him on this one. Book 'em danno.

I don't think Danno be hucking the plastic.
    Say what? I'm the one who mentioned it, and there is always plastic in my car. That may very well end up being my stress relief.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    What the hell are you doing there that you couldn’t escape for a few hours at some point over several weeks to ride your bike?
    A 5 week trial. And I have a family 4+ hours away. Only way I have time to do anything more than a workout is if I spend the weekend.

And for all you people talking about the bike, y'all have been bamboozled by the lack of snow. It's fucking winter. Is it possible there is biking weather? Sure. But given the real biking is still a drive from where I'll be, if I have a window of time long enough to go bike, odds are good that I'll choose skiing. Because, again, it's winter.

I just found this by accident looking for a map but apparently it's not boring there.

Imma go find Bigfoot.

Ooooo well you didn't say you were going home every weekend, fuck I already have a pony keg ordered. I was picturing bachelor party shenanigans.

Why is that map upside down? .

Well, some weekends I won't be going home, but that will be because I don't have the time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Why is that map upside down? .
    Ha. I didn't even realize it. Bigfoot flipped it over I guess.

Hippies seeing UFO's, not sure who or what is seeing bigfoot in the south of the valley.

Say what? I'm the one who mentioned it, and there is always plastic in my car. That may very well end up being my stress relief.
    I didn't know that. Makes sense.

I played 31 new courses this year. Just bested my 30 ones from last year.

We must throw some rounds. I could bop down and see you.

I didn't know that. Makes sense.

I played 31 new courses this year. Just bested my 30 ones from last year.

We must throw some rounds. I could bop down and see you.
    You talking about these things? https://www.google.com/search?q=pros...obile&ie=UTF-8

If only you had some friends in that zone to show you around