Dynafit cup wear

Seventh season on my beloved Scarpa Skookums; after prereleasing while (unwisely) skiing moguls, I looked at the toe cups on the boots and noticed all this orange color peaking through, as illustrated, and its present in all four cups. So my question is, how bad is this? Can I keep using them for powder skiing at least? I am feeling hesitant to use them in no-fall situations, wondering if others have seen this type of wear and could confirm that it's normal and just cosmetic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01242.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	797.2 KB 
ID:	221375

Sure it's not just rust? If you pull the liners and look inside the front of the shell, is there orange plastic inside? Snap the boot into the toe and wiggle it around, how much play is there between the pins and the sockets?

PS: Upgrade to the Maestrale RS one of these days.

that looks like rust to me and it can happen in any boot if snow sits in there

most likley you didnt clear the binding of snow under the springs or the pins had ice in them miss the clearing ritual one time and you pre release

or the binding might need adjusting
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-15-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've blown out a Couple cups in my day, but only really happens if you lock your toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Thanks for the replies; upon closer inspection, I was able to scrape away the orange, so indeed it appears to be rust. Likely there was some other explanation for the pre-release. I plan to take them back to the mogul run making sure the binding is free of ice and snow and see how it goes.

I get a qtip and some wd40 to clean up the inserts every few weeks. Seems to develop a little click in the toepiece otherwise