Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hawaii: Nuke is on its way! Psych!

FKNA! Co-worker buddy is on vacation there now. Hope he was out surfing.

This could've been bad. Really really bad.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/13/1...rt-false-alarm

Made ya flinch!

My entire family thought it was hilarious. They get enough bullshit sirens that they all actually assumed it was state ineptitude and they were right.

Huh? And here I thought that sunburn I got at Po'olenalena beach yesterday was from the sun...

Didn't hear anything about this alert, but then we are not plugged in with cell, watching the tube, or listening to the radio. Ignorance on vacay is bliss I suppose.

Rsu has infiltrated our defense comms. This is terrible
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Crazy. What if there had been a military response by mistake?

I think this is a first since splitting the atom. There will be some crazy stories out of this. Hollywood.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

I think this is a first since splitting the atom. There will be some crazy stories out of this. Hollywood.

Seriously. Considering trump gets his news from twitter, could be bad.

I would have shit my pants.

Just caught a piece of this story. Seems different than sirens with a specific text sent out that ballistic missiles were inbound and to seek immediate shelter, this is not a test.

Because of the specific nature of the warning I wondered about the actual source of the alert.

Maybe first public false alarm. There have been a number of nuclear accidents and close calls few people, or maybe no one in the public, has been aware of.
    As far as Hollywood--"Fail Safe". (One of the episodes--the President bombs his own wife. That's one way to get rid of an aging wife. Hope Trump hasn't seen the movie. I'm sure he hasn't read the book.)

Think how you would react in those 30 minutes. If you were driving, or at home etc. I bet all kinds of crazy shit went down. People ramming each others cars, going into the sewer systems.

The way the media is blathering on, you would think this is a repeat of
    Orson Wells War of the worlds
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Think how you would react in those 30 minutes. If you were driving, or at home etc. I bet all kinds of crazy shit went down. People ramming each others cars, going into the sewer systems.
    Should make for interesting reading tomorrow. I sure as fuck wouldn't have just sat around waiting to see what happened. What exactly I would have done I don't know, but something.

30 minutes is a long fucikng time to rescind the alarm, I wonder what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Should make for interesting reading tomorrow. I sure as fuck wouldn't have just sat around waiting to see what happened. What exactly I would have done I don't know, but something.

30 minutes is a long fucikng time to rescind the alarm, I wonder what's up with that?
    If you were thinking at all, you would know there were no nukes on the way.

How dumb can people be?

Why so long, because the burocrats never thought to put together a procedure, to resend an alert that was never going to happen.

I bet the guy who finally sent out the canx message is probably in trouble for breaking protocol
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Where the fuck is our President, the fucking Commander in Chief?!

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    If you were thinking at all, you would know there were no nukes on the way.

How dumb can people be?

Why so long, because the burocrats never thought to put together a procedure, to resend an alert that was never going to happen.

I bet the guy who finally sent out the canx message is probably in trouble for breaking protocol
    I disagree. You’re driving, on the golf course etc. and no matter, reading that is going to make your stomach sink if even for 2 minutes.

the best part of this shit show. "Not yet discussed on MSM"

The Honolulu Air Port ran everyone out of the Terminals and into the street. WTF - Terror protocol meets nuke protocol.

You cannot make this shit up
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

My 21 y/o daughter lives in Maui. She got it while she was talking to my other daughter on the phone. She ignored it.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Where do you even seek shelter? I don’t think Hawaii has readily available bomb shelters. Pretty sure a ballistic missile doesn’t give a shit about the building you’re hiding in.

Storm drains. Just be ready for a mad max type existence down there if you go.

Ok kids here's the scoop. 7:45 or so I'm checking the snow stake cam dying to buy a plan ticket and my phone buzzes the amber alert. My hot nanny downstairs freaks out. I tell her chill I'll check it out. Hawaii civil defense website down. Hmmm, not good. Tell you what I am fucking glad it was a false alarm. Tsunami warning is one thing, my place is 1000' above sea level. Fall out shelter ? Gee don't have one.

I check all the news pages nada. My nannies boyfriend, lurch, comes rolling down the driveway wide open, says town shut down, people driving like idiots, PULLING OVER HIDING UNDER CARS.

I thinks it's false alarm yet. I google, nothing but twitter results.

FORTY minutes go by nothing on the net, then the twitter from Tulsi Gabbard, politician it's all good false alarm.

On Oahu it was a shit show, I drove to work shortly after no sign of mayhem on Maui.

Complete bullshit it took 40 min to inform the public.

Name:  ballistic-missile-threat-inbound-to-hawaii-seek-immediate-shelter-this-is-not-a-drill-att-ui-808.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  1515879336_ballistic-missile-emergency-alert-mistakenly-sent-to-people-in-hawaii.png
Views: 462
Size:  21.9 KB

http://https://www.nytimes.com/2018/...sile.html?_r=0

Some asshole restarted the wrong service on the main server.
    Sounds like it got real on Maui
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I was having coffee and heard warning in radio. I walked out to street to tell neighbor who was working on his roof ( fellow Alaskan , real nice guy)

I was like 'hey there is a nuke coming you have to go inside ... No seriously... Naw it's on the radio.. This goes on then I turn and look down street and see posse of grey hairs on foot with clip boards.

I'm like oh great, the one lady came by last week , stood in my driveway taking pictures. I went out side to see what's up she tells me ' ppl who can't afford to live here go down to ocean view' with the drug dealers.' Just then my wide walks up and I say 'this lady thinks we need to love down in ocean view because we are too poor to be here!

Anyway , see them coming and yell to em ' hey guys hear about the Nike coming you gotta go home!
    They were like oh shit shirtless guy yelling giberish, then one of their phone dinged then another as they kept walking to me.

Then I was like I met this lady last week telling us to move to ocean view. She had told me she was a doctor, implying her worth of being here . I went to ocean view and it sucked that is why we are here.!

I was speaking loudly and clearly. The lady from last week was literally dodging eyesore from me

The issue: we never opened a buildpermit because built less then 600 swift. They worries we were riff raggy and I spent 10 minutes reassuring that we were good people .

I assured that I was gonna make to coolest property in the subdivision with garden terraces etc.

Then the ak guy from across street came through us all and I said 'loudly these are folks you gotta watch for'

Then my wife a beautiful little kids came out and frolicked and further placated the geriatric concerned citizens.

Then the one lady doctor phone dinged and she was like maybe we should worry about nukes instead of compost toilet permits

Then we parted ways

All righty then.