FYI Dakine Poacher

Just got the 46L RAS in and noticed it doesn't have the under crotch strap that connects to the lower front buckle. This prevents the pack getting ripped off if you get caught. See my Jones for ref.

Called dakine and blown away why they would not have one. "Designer decision."

Sending it back and going with a new pack. Anyone know a place that has a good price on the mammut pro ras 3.0 45L or a coupon to help a JONG out?

are you sure?
    check the left side where the waist belt attaches to the pack. my 30L has a small 'garage' where it was stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    are you sure?
    check the left side where the waist belt attaches to the pack. my 30L has a small 'garage' where it was stuffed.
    Wtf, thank you sir! I can barely get my fucking pinky in that "garage". Literally talked to two people at Dakine that said "design". Going to nuke the thread shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by splittin View Post
    Wtf, thank you sir! I can barely get my fucking pinky in that "garage". Literally talked to two people at Dakine that said "design". Going to nuke the thread shortly.
    it's tech talk, leave it up in case somebody else searches this topic one day.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    it's tech talk, leave it up in case somebody else searches this topic one day.
    Good info. Thanks for not nuking.

I've been wrestling with figuring out pack features. I couldn't find a photo with a crotch strap.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 09-28-2019 at 11:05 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Poacher vest also has a g-string.

For posterity, some good info in GS below.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...t=poacher+vest

And a question for the Collective. Anyone have experience with the Poacher Vest, and the Poacher RAS 26L and/or 36L packs? What is the 'next size up' from the vest? Vest is the perfect volume w/o RAS 3.0 installed, but after adding, its a wee small for some of my needs. Would like to make the vest no RAS for low/no avy resort days, when slack is also on the menu, and maybe for resort pow (with RAS, as tongues wont be in the bag), and use the bag (with RAS) for everything else.
    Am I the 26L? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    For posterity, some good info in GS below.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...t=poacher+vest

And a question for the Collective. Anyone have experience with the Poacher Vest, and the Poacher RAS 26L and/or 36L packs? What is the 'next size up' from the vest? Vest is the perfect volume w/o RAS 3.0 installed, but after adding, its a wee small for some of my needs. Would like to make the vest no RAS for low/no avy resort days, when slack is also on the menu, and maybe for resort pow (with RAS, as tongues wont be in the bag), and use the bag (with RAS) for everything else.
    Am I the 26L? TIA.
    26L would definitely be the next size up. IIRC the vest is around 18L volume, nominally.

Personally I run a combo of the vest and the 36L (which is smallish for "36L")

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

Personally I run a combo of the vest and the 36L (which is smallish for "36L")
    Same. The "36" is great for day touring IMO... just about as small as I can go while bringing the works.

Great info; thanks Gents. Sounds like the math pencils on the 26, but as the '36' runs small, perhaps a little more versatile paired with the vest. Appreciate it.