Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kovyrshin View Post
    What's the verdict on Douchebag? I've thrown away my Burton bag that I've been using for several years and need something new. Even though I have snowboards I can go with ski bag just fine, but I need a long one (Hello swallowtails).
    Besides DB, what are my options, Patagonia?
    I think the DB is the best on the market right now. Mine is clearly showing signs of wear and tear after approx 25ish flights, but its still going. The functionality is best in the class IMHO and if I'm honest with my self, all the other bags I'm hauling around are showing wear and tear as well.

What's DB?

I've had good luck with my Thule single, but only two flights. Actually first trip was two flights. Second trip was non-stop, but then cab to train to cab. Not big enough for boots.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    What's DB?

I've had good luck with my Thule single, but only two flights. Actually first trip was two flights. Second trip was non-stop, but then cab to train to cab. Not big enough for boots.
    https://douchebags.com/the-douchebag

Have had a couple different bags and this is by far the best. Really like it

anyone found a roller that can accommodate two pair of (up to) 190cm and two pair of kid skis (130cm)? Poles too........

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    anyone found a roller that can accommodate two pair of (up to) 190cm and two pair of kid skis (130cm)? Poles too........
    The Dakine Fall Line Double would work for that. Depends on how much other gear you're trying to stuff in the bag.

You will have a real hard time staying under the 50lbs weight limit with all of that, but the Dakine bag will hold it all

^^^Agree, but I think that would be under. We put 2 pair, poles, and one set of boots, and it was about 40,so we loaded up more. We use a bathroom scale. BTW, for our Euro trip we just did, the agents didn’t weigh our bags, (2 loaded ski bags, but 6 different flights). All just tagged them, then sent us off to the oversized area, and those guys just grabbed them or told us to put them on the belt. Alaska at Seattle, BA in Munich, BA in Lyon, BA in Heathrow, Alaska in San Diego, Icelandic in Reykjavik.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

PMGear was the bomb. Mine is finally wearing out.
    Dakine zippers keep blowing out.

Bought dynastar 2-3 pair bag last year.
    Loved it so much I just bought another for 140 with the eBay coupon.
    http://www.dynastar.com/en-us/products/equipment/bags
    . . .

I'll see if I can find one. They seem to be sold out. A good testament.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    The Dakine Fall Line Double would work for that. Depends on how much other gear you're trying to stuff in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Anybody have experience with putting 3 pairs of skis in any of these "doubles"? The dakine boundary seems like it would be big enough? I'm flying to yurp with a couple buddies this spring and extra bags are $200 RT, so of course it makes sense to buy something big instead of using our existing smaller bags. Medium sized touring gear, so I'm not too worried about the weight limit.
    I just returned and was very satisfied with the Evo roller bag. It's based on the Dakine design but is less expensive and more readily available. One of the airports managed to put a hole in it, but I don't blame the bag. It looks like it got caught up in a belt or something and would've put a hole in nearly anything. 3 pairs of touring skis and poles was almost exactly 50 lbs. Between the scale and the oversized bag drop we snuck our boots in the bag too and it was happy to swallow everything up. Highly recommended.

I've had both the Dakine Concourse double and Fall line double. Concourse is built like a tank (mine got the back corner ran over by a SUV in the SLC parking garage , no ski damage) but weighs a ton on its own so tough to load up. Also it's pretty low height so less room to play Tetris with multiple pairs. And because of the height , after repeatedly putting in two pairs , avy gear, pack ,etc the zippers blew from being over stretched

The Fall line is way flimsier but way higher and between weight and size can accommodate a ton of stuff. That's my go to now

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    this (have it and it's yuge)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    You will have a real hard time staying under the 50lbs weight limit with all of that, but the Dakine bag will hold it all
    and this (have taken it on Alaska with two pairs of skis, poles and crammed it full of soft goods, think I paid an additional fee, but didn't care as it was the only bag we checked)

I have the Db and the Fall Line. The Fall Line can just hold so much more. I think the Fall Line is a great bag for the price, but I wish it was a bit lighter to fit a bit more gear before hitting the 50lb limit. I also wish it had gear loops on the outside to strap on a bag, but honestly anyone with a bit of sewing skills could do that.

I'd like to try the Patagonia Snow Roller sometime. My buddy has it and it looks like an awesome bag, but not sure on durability yet. It is also super lightweight.

The 190cm model is unobtanium if seeking new...

The ladies version seems readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post

I'd like to try the Patagonia Snow Roller sometime.

The 190cm model is unobtanium if seeking new...

The ladies version seems readily available.
    Yeah it seems so...oh well.

Some people said patagucci is available again, but it sits under discontinued products on a website. Can anyone elaborate? So far, looks like the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    PMGear was the bomb. Mine is finally wearing out.
    Dakine zippers keep blowing out.

Bought dynastar 2-3 pair bag last year.
    Loved it so much I just bought another for 140 with the eBay coupon.
    http://www.dynastar.com/en-us/products/equipment/bags
    I mentioned in another ski bag thread that I once hauled ten pair of bros into vancouver airport in my pmg bag paying only a
    $50 overweight fee. Unfortunately, those days are gone. I have an extra one with little if any wear and tear on a shelf in my garage if somene in reno/tahoe wants to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Has anyone tried these? Pugski seems to like Kulkea heated boot bags.

https://www.kulkea.com/product/kanta...oller-ski-bag/
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

I just returned and was very satisfied with the Evo roller bag. It's based on the Dakine design but is less expensive and more readily available. One of the airports managed to put a hole in it, but I don't blame the bag. It looks like it got caught up in a belt or something and would've put a hole in nearly anything. 3 pairs of touring skis and poles was almost exactly 50 lbs. Between the scale and the oversized bag drop we snuck our boots in the bag too and it was happy to swallow everything up. Highly recommended.
    Thanks for this info -- was looking at this bag. $15 cheaper than the Dakine counterpart. And have an Evo store just down the street if I have any trouble. Certainly overkill for a trip with 1 set of touring skis and one set of boots, but what the hell.

+1 on Db functionality being great but durability sucking. Had to tape it after one flight.

Between the scale and the oversized bag drop we snuck our boots in the bag too and it was happy to swallow everything up.
    Pro tip right there. The new evo bag is even better than last year's, it has molded semi-hardshell protection at the tips and tails and the 195 size is huge. Replacing my Dakine Concourse Double this season.

https://www.evo.com/ski-bags/evo-del...-bag-black.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Pro tip right there. The new evo bag is even better than last year's, it has molded semi-hardshell protection at the tips and tails and the 195 size is huge. Replacing my Dakine Concourse Double this season.

https://www.evo.com/ski-bags/evo-del...-bag-black.jpg
    I hate you!!! You told me to get last year's, (last year). It went Seattle-Amsterdam-Lyon, Lyon-Heathrow-Reykjavik-Seattle loaded to 50 pounds with nary a scratch. Highly recommend.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    You told me to get last year's, (last year). It went Seattle-Amsterdam-Lyon, Lyon-Heathrow-Reykjavik-Seattle loaded to 50 pounds with nary a scratch. Highly recommend.
    Last year last year's was the best one, the samples for the new one didn't show up until July.

last year's is also (and was) $115 cheaper. New one (@$250) is pretty dope though.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    last year's is also (and was) $115 cheaper. New one (@$250) is pretty dope though.
    That’s the Evo Deluxe roller bag. They still sell the regular bag for $134.