Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Fer sure. Been there. I have PTSD when I think of the time I dragged the 50 pound ski bag through the 50 miles of tunnels at Heathrow once. Ya just gotta look at your itinerary and use some common sense here
    LOL. Good reminder for me, thanks. We are embarking on our first ski trip with boots and skis and I'm not even sure I want to bring my skis when we do Europe for Christmas next year, probably just boots and rentals.

Japan however...............gonna need a better system. Currently at 1 x roller, 1 clamshell 50lb suitcase, and two small carry ons with boots inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    The evo deluxe double. Kicks ass. Rugged. Better then the dakine I have. Fits 190s no problem.
    This is what I have been rocking for past 3 seasons. Has been on 3 road trips and 3 airplane ski trips. Has been great. I also had the Dakine bag, but sold it at a ski swap because it had a tendency to sag.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I hope you like it.

I have always used a Dakine double roller bag and they are an okay option but we wanted to add a few improvements without going over the top.

Truthfully ours is very similar to a Dakine double roller with some notable upgrades:

- Webbing loops on top of the bag. I personally use a Patagonia Black Hole duffel bag for clothes and use carabiners to attach it to the tail of the bag to roll one unit around international terminals and train stations.
    This is a huge upgrade IMO, and a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    LOL. Good reminder for me, thanks. We are embarking on our first ski trip with boots and skis and I'm not even sure I want to bring my skis when we do Europe for Christmas next year, probably just boots and rentals.

Japan however...............gonna need a better system. Currently at 1 x roller, 1 clamshell 50lb suitcase, and two small carry ons with boots inside.

definitely always make sure to carry on boots. No matter what. I use a Lange backpack for my carry on with external boot holders.

I have the Thule which I scored a few years back on close out. I have used it for Japan and Canada and it was great for both. Rollers were key for Japan as took the train from the Sapporo airport to a station near our hotel and was a fair amount of walking. Was able to pack most of my ski stuff in that bag (I only went with 1 pair of 190 cm DPS) including a fuggin hand pump for my airbag. Weight didn’t matter so I jammed that full and checked a small duffel with backpack straps and carried my boots and airbag. I have used it on a few other trips and it had held up well (thing can hold a ton).

I hope you like it.

I have always used a Dakine double roller bag and they are an okay option but we wanted to add a few improvements without going over the top.

Truthfully ours is very similar to a Dakine double roller with some notable upgrades:

- Thicker more durable material
    - Name brand high quality YKK zippers
    - Individual tie down straps for two pairs of skis
    - A built in padded divider to go in between your skis so the bindings no mash on each other
    - Webbing loops on top of the bag. I personally use a Patagonia Black Hole duffel bag for clothes and use carabiners to attach it to the tail of the bag to roll one unit around international terminals and train stations.

Open to other ideas for future iterations.
    Nice.
    I like the external loops. Usually itís a waste on some luggage. But yeah. Latching your carry on boot bag or duffel to the roller is a great idea.
    https://www.momentskis.com/products/ski-bag

Ski rollers are always a weight to durability challenge.
    I didnít see the weight on that one.
    PS. Yesss 205cm option.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nice.
    I like the external loops. Usually it’s a waste on some luggage. But yeah. Latching your carry on boot bag or duffel to the roller is a great idea.
    https://www.momentskis.com/products/ski-bag

Ski rollers are always a weight to durability challenge.
    I didn’t see the weight on that one.
    PS. Yesss 205cm option.
    Yep, the external loops are such a great idea. When doing these bags though protection/ bomproofness = weight, which equals less room for shit inside. I had the more bombproof but lower and wider dakine concourse double. After that died I replaced it with the flimsier and lighter with no tie downs, but more vertical volume Fall Line Double. For my strategy of cram two pairs and as much shit as humanly possible up to 50lbs, this works better. I dont care about the tie downs because I use the sandwich technique: Both skis separated and brakes strapped with volle straps, one pair base down side by side on the bottom, poles in between the bindings, then stuff underlayers, fleece, ski pack, shovel, etc on top of those skis, then put the second pair base facing up on top all of that. The skis give the otherwise floppy bag structure and all the padded gear protects the skis. A bit more work to load and unload, but allows nearly one bag travel with boots over the shoulder and a travel backpack carried on the plane.

I used this for a domestic trip and liked it, planning to use it for Japan:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08FX...IWEPYTPJ&psc=1

Has burly materials, straps for securing 2 pairs of skis, three pouches for storing gear, sleeves for poles and solid wheels/handles.

After my old Double Concourse died I ordered a new Dakine. No interior tie downs so I added my own. Works fine so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701186876.268453.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	477607

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    After my old Double Concourse died I ordered a new Dakine. No interior tie downs so I added my own. Works fine so far.

Name:	Image1701186876.268453.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	477607

Nice, I ended up pulling the trigger on the backcountry bag, will report bag in a few days when it shows up.

Curious to see if other people have modded their bags? Im thinking something like pick and pack foam to help protect the skis or additional reinforcement.

What's the latest, greatest ski bag these days?

Bought this one on clearance, was not expecting much, but it has tolerated many trips, and the side pockets are great. Seemed more roomy than most bags Iíve seen. Two large pockets like dakine for boots/liners/ski clothing. Etc. four internal straps to secure two skis separately.

https://kbsport.com/collections/skis...-bag-on-wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    Bought this one on clearance, was not expecting much, but it has tolerated many trips, and the side pockets are great. Seemed more roomy than most bags Iíve seen. Two large pockets like dakine for boots/liners/ski clothing. Etc. four internal straps to secure two skis separately.

https://kbsport.com/collections/skis...-bag-on-wheels

That one looks pretty good - would like to have them specify the weight of the empty bag, though, for comparison to others...

Happy with the bag so far, especially at the $120 price point seeing that its gone back up in price again. Pretty burly and good materials.

My favorite feature is the roll top and also probably the only knock against this bag so far. The roll top makes a great handle and is really nice to sinch down the bag to the exact size of your skis and not any longer than it needs to be. The problem is that Im pretty sure skis 190cm+ will not fit in this bag since you need to roll the top at least a few times to get a secure closure.

Name:	20231130_190203.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	480254

^^^rubber band those brakes out of the way.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Name:	IMG_4727.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	571.4 KB 
ID:	480631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70027031555__6DAA6EE6-94F6-438F-935A-D4CA2FB7A2D1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	736.0 KB 
ID:	480632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67442696400__F4CFA7F0-DE07-46FF-9D12-8C4A2F5B2C6E.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	740.6 KB 
ID:	480633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67442701740__46DFED78-784C-4DEE-9DD2-5E8BA27691FD.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	711.0 KB 
ID:	480634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67442692824__BE40BBFF-D030-4C92-B887-C86748BE0F66.jpg 
Size:	748.7 KB 
ID:	480635We use sportubes. I have both the single and double tube. Gf uses a single as well.

single will fit a full set of skis and poles as well as soft goods stuffed in between.

Was recently able to squeeze 3 skis in a single tube. Had one full size wildcat 108 in 179, a chipotle blade 99 and an atomic vantage c in 162 with the system bindings removed. Between two single tubes had 3 sets of skis.

used the double tube on the last trip. Had a wish 104 184 and a meridian 181 with poles. Was 43 lbs.

leaving to beaver creek next month and brining the ghost train 194 and a wildcat 108 in 179 and will try to see if I can squeeze the blades in as well. Other wise I may try adding one blade in my double and one in my gfís single tube.

for me personally I wanted bomb proof cases with zero chance of damage to my skis. I have to fly to ski so they get abused by the airlines.

I also have the sportube overhead bag which is a carry on sized back pack which fits my boots, dryers, a full set of ski clothes and extra regular clothes. It has a built in carabiner clip that allows the bag to attach to the sport tube so you can wheel them together and save your back.

i looked at so many soft cases but at the end of the day there was always a few reviews of people whoís skis got damage one way or another in soft bags. I just never saw any reviews of someoneís skis getting damage in a sportube other than user error (not connecting the retainer clip properly, or tsa not putting it back correctly and the tube opening).

Also this is where Iíve got all my Sportube products at. Free shipping over $89. And the tubes and bags are always cheaper than everywhere else.

https://www.sierra.com/skiing~d~9690/sportube~b~34005/

I hope you like it.

- Thicker more durable material
    - Name brand high quality YKK zippers
    - Individual tie down straps for two pairs of skis
    - A built in padded divider to go in between your skis so the bindings no mash on each other

Open to other ideas for future iterations.
    this is not a comparison between you guys as honestly I think your design is a lot nicer. This is just an idea for your future updates.

The one major plus I see with the sportube soft sleeve that you should add is the hard sided ends of the bags. Sportube took their hard sided plastic from the solid tubes and added cubes if you will at each end of the bag itself. So the tips and tails are essentially encased in hard sided boxes just adding a major level of protection. The center is still soft so you can fold the case in half but you do give up some compression when the bags empty. Just an idea

https://www.sierra.com/sportube-ski-...prod-prod2NYXA

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post

Name:	IMG_4727.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	571.4 KB 
ID:	480631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70027031555__6DAA6EE6-94F6-438F-935A-D4CA2FB7A2D1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	736.0 KB 
ID:	480632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67442696400__F4CFA7F0-DE07-46FF-9D12-8C4A2F5B2C6E.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	740.6 KB 
ID:	480633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67442701740__46DFED78-784C-4DEE-9DD2-5E8BA27691FD.jpg 
Size:	711.0 KB 
ID:	480634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67442692824__BE40BBFF-D030-4C92-B887-C86748BE0F66.jpg 
Size:	748.7 KB 
ID:	480635We use sportubes. I have both the single and double tube. Gf uses a single as well.

single will fit a full set of skis and poles as well as soft goods stuffed in between.

Was recently able to squeeze 3 skis in a single tube. Had one full size wildcat 108 in 179, a chipotle blade 99 and an atomic vantage c in 162 with the system bindings removed. Between two single tubes had 3 sets of skis.

used the double tube on the last trip. Had a wish 104 184 and a meridian 181 with poles. Was 43 lbs.

leaving to beaver creek next month and brining the ghost train 194 and a wildcat 108 in 179 and will try to see if I can squeeze the blades in as well. Other wise I may try adding one blade in my double and one in my gf’s single tube.

for me personally I wanted bomb proof cases with zero chance of damage to my skis. I have to fly to ski so they get abused by the airlines.

I also have the sportube overhead bag which is a carry on sized back pack which fits my boots, dryers, a full set of ski clothes and extra regular clothes. It has a built in carabiner clip that allows the bag to attach to the sport tube so you can wheel them together and save your back.

i looked at so many soft cases but at the end of the day there was always a few reviews of people who’s skis got damage one way or another in soft bags. I just never saw any reviews of someone’s skis getting damage in a sportube other than user error (not connecting the retainer clip properly, or tsa not putting it back correctly and the tube opening).

No matter what you pack your shit into the airlines always have a way to fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    No matter what you pack your shit into the airlines always have a way to fuck it up.
    they havenít been able to damage my sportubes.

...yet.

Have the double tube packed up and ready for the next trip. 194 126 ghost train and a 179 108 wildcat. Iíd be interested in trying to slip a comi in and seeing if it fits. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5244.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	501.6 KB 
ID:	481039

dB fan boy here. Iíve still got one of the first models and really canít fault it for international travel (apart from having douchebag emblazoned across it in large letters). My longest skis are 191 and wifeís snowboard goes in as well. Upcoming month in Japan so Iím packing 2 pair of skis + the board and our avi gear.
    Best feature of the DB for us is rolling it down to a small size when unpacked so we can tuck it away in a cupboard and not clutter up the room. Mine has some wear on the bottom which will require some attention before dragging it around through streets and trains in Japan.

https://www.evo.com/ski-bags/evo-rol...r-ski-bag-.jpg

good experience with this bag…on sale now

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    This

Last year the wife and I went up to Alaska to ski and on the return trip home her bag had 2 distinct holes on the side that doesnít have wheels. They drug the bag wheel side up and ground the tips off of both her skis.

Iíve honestly just considered mailing skis if itís CONUS travel or one of those sport tubes for international.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    they havenít been able to damage my sportubes.
    Ask Abraham about the time they drug his skis across the tarmac and ground the whole end off one of the tips.

They will find a way to wreck your shit.