Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Need some input on the evo from the guys that have one. Need to fit a pair of 181 msp 99's, wife's 160's, our poles and two pairs of kids ski's (80 and 67 cm for now). Will it work or will I need bigger?

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

I picked up the DaKine Fall Line Ski Roller Bag in a 190 in a hurry. The good; easily accommodates two pair of skis plus x-tra room for gear. The bad; no ski tie downs so if its not stuffed your skis will slop around. Also, seems like it is not the most durable but only one round trip so far.

I fit two pair of skis, four sets of poles, two sets of kids ski boots, two kids helmets and some random filler.

Quote Originally Posted by lake_effect View Post
    Need some input on the evo from the guys that have one. Need to fit a pair of 181 msp 99's, wife's 160's, our poles and two pairs of kids ski's (80 and 67 cm for now). Will it work or will I need bigger?

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk
    If you rubber band the bindings up, (to make it easier), that pile should fit.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Except you’ll probably be over 50lbs. At which point, it’s cheaper to use two bags.

Which of the current options will hold a 200cm DPS 138? My old concourse double "185" is maxed around 190. Can anybody verify that the Thule roundtrip fits a 200? Also looking at Dakine Boundary and North Face Base Camp Roller.

After my pmgear bag was dying I ended up getting a dynastar team bag for 200cm goodness
    . . .

I need to find one that'll hold up to 200cm also. The "195" fancy bag I got from Evo barely held a 190 straight in - could fit a 192 if crammed diagonally, with nothing else in the bag. Returned it so I need something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I have the boundary, can’t say if it will fit 200s but I can tell you it will easily hold two pair of skis and a crap load of other stuff and still has room....

What are people's experiences with the EVOC snow gear roller bag? https://www.evocsports.com/products/...ow-gear-roller

Bumping old thread, just booked a trip to Japan and need a new bag. What's the one to get these days? I see the backcountry roller is discounted quite a bit today

I'm a big fan of the dakine fall line 190 double. Not quite as heavy duty material and structured as some others, but great shape (more vertical room) to easily get multiple pairs in and still stay at 50 lbs...

I have a dakine double bag. Multiple trips a year. Yes it has a lot of tape on it but still works.
    When I am at the oversized bag pickup, I see mostly dakine bags. So if you get one, get a fun color so you can see it's yours. Mine has blue zippers. Not just black.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I picked up a 4FRNT double roller bag in 2022. I fly quite frequently for work and skis are always part of the program. I usually carry two pairs of skis mounted with BF inserts and one set of Pivots. I have cardboard to lay between the skis then Voile straps to keep everything as flat as possible. It's a pretty rugged bag. 4FRNT says it will carry up to 190s but that is a tight fit.

I just splurged on the new moment bag with the black friday discount. I have the Dakine roller but can’t stand the fact that it doesn’t have any tie down straps. I also have a sporttube, but while its bomber, its heavy and it can’t hold anything but skis. Hoping this moment bag will be the unicorn I’ve been looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Moment bag looks pretty nice. Nice price too.

I used to put those little kids skis in a duffle bag.
    Biggest issue I have with flying is the weight limit. Double ski bag will hold lots of gear, but it hit over 50 lbs before it’s full.

I have 2 of the Dakines and they work well, but I wish for tie downs inside. One ripped once, but I don’t blame the bag, that’s just airline travel.
    I have a Technca that had tie downs, but they ripped out. The zippers also seem a hair less durable than the Dakines.

I have a MEC double - we were filling it full of clothes along with skis but just over 50lbs now. Multiple tie downs inside and was $150 CAD. No rips or tears yet! But has really nice roller wheels.

The evo deluxe double. Kicks ass. Rugged. Better then the dakine I have. Fits 190s no problem.

Considering these options right now:

Evo roller - $111
    https://www.evo.com/ski-bags/evo-roller-bag

Backcountry roller $120
    https://www.steepandcheap.com/backco...rd-rolling-bag

Dakine Fall Line roller $100 with REI coupon
    https://www.rei.com/product/119693/d...BC%20GRAPEVINE

Dakine Fall Line Hardside $207
    https://www.steepandcheap.com/dakine...oller-hardside

I kind of like the hardside for protecting my skis while flying but storing it will be an issue. Also slightly concerned with getting into a rental vs a soft bag. Otherwise Im leaning towards the backcountry bag since it seems the most burly for the price. Looks like the evo roller beats the dakine roller based on some extra features like tie downs, flaps, and pockets.

Hard side @ 18lbs11oz.
    Doesn’t leave you much weight and going over is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Hard side @ 18lbs11oz.
    Doesn’t leave you much weight and going over is expensive.
    Exactly. I use the roller bag I have when weight isn’t an issue, or I use the thick nylon double ski bag from Rossi when I want to load it up. Anyway, there’s rolling carts at airports, (free in Europe), so the rolling bag thing is less important.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Exactly. I use the roller bag I have when weight isn’t an issue, or I use the thick nylon double ski bag from Rossi when I want to load it up. Anyway, there’s rolling carts at airports, (free in Europe), so the rolling bag thing is less important.
    I think the roller for Europe is primarily for train stations/transfers. I'd hate to try to shoulder a double ski bag between platforms if the connection was at all tight...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think the roller for Europe is primarily for train stations/transfers. I'd hate to try to shoulder a double ski bag between platforms if the connection was at all tight...
    Fer sure. Been there. I have PTSD when I think of the time I dragged the 50 pound ski bag through the 50 miles of tunnels at Heathrow once. Ya just gotta look at your itinerary and use some common sense here

The Atomic 4 ski roller is pretty awesome. I have owned the same one for 15 years and it has been back and forth to Yurp at least 15X. Plenty of room for skis, boots, poles and clothes. No rips. Well worth the $$
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    I just splurged on the new moment bag with the black friday discount. I have the Dakine roller but can’t stand the fact that it doesn’t have any tie down straps. I also have a sporttube, but while its bomber, its heavy and it can’t hold anything but skis. Hoping this moment bag will be the unicorn I’ve been looking for.
    I hope you like it.

I have always used a Dakine double roller bag and they are an okay option but we wanted to add a few improvements without going over the top.

Truthfully ours is very similar to a Dakine double roller with some notable upgrades:

- Thicker more durable material
    - Name brand high quality YKK zippers
    - Individual tie down straps for two pairs of skis
    - A built in padded divider to go in between your skis so the bindings no mash on each other
    - Webbing loops on top of the bag. I personally use a Patagonia Black Hole duffel bag for clothes and use carabiners to attach it to the tail of the bag to roll one unit around international terminals and train stations.

Open to other ideas for future iterations.