Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What's the latest, greatest ski bag these days?

Yeah, I searched, but either I suck at search (which I admit is true), or there is nothing recent.

My Dakine concourse double burned up in the fire and I am now in search of a replacement. It appears they no longer make the concourse double, and the fall line double get mixed to bad reviews. Patagucci makes a nice black hole style double bag, but is absurdly priced, even with a discount coupon.

Who is using what, and why? Any good deals going? Anybody selling a good double bag? Need a 190cm-ish bag.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Maybe our resident coat guy, Micol, could make a ski bag?

Make so you can carry yer hookers and blow.
    watch out for snakes

Checked out douchebags? Will be my next one after my dakine for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    My Dakine concourse double burned up in the fire and I am now in search of a replacement.
    Dakine replaced the Concourse with the Boundary. Seems like an excellent bag, comes in a 200cm.

Those douchebags are nice, for sure. Buddy bought one, and it’s what I’ll get next as well. I went with some Rossignol labeled double bag I found on sale because it was the lightest almost durable one I could find. 50 pound weight limits suck. I never use my old Pattagooch burrito bag, cuz it’s too heavy.
    You want it?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I've liked my Thule Round Trip bag. Douchebags look pretty good too.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Don't love the douchebag. Will buy another Dakine [edit: or the new patagucci] next time for sure.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-12-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Had a Dakine before United ate it. Replaced w/ Douchebag. Like the DB, but the fabric is wimpy. Have a few small cuts after using it once...

It seems like you either go lightweight (DB) or heavy (Dakine). Heavy and you can't put anything in it thanks to the 50ib weight limit and it takes up a ton of room in the garage. If you go light (DB) it rolls up super small, carries nicely, can pack more in it, but it definitely isn't lasting too long. United will chew it up and spit it out pretty quick is my worry... I had heard something that DB changed or updated their fabric so not sure if mine is the same as the current bag as its a couple years old.

Let us know what you decide on. The new Patagucci seemed like it might be a compromise, if one can afford it...
    He who has the most fun wins!

...and it comes in red.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

If you do get the DB, you always have to:

1. not stuff one end with softgoods (especially not the end near the wheels), or it will drag just forward of the wheels and lwt fabric will rip. Less of an issue with long skis.
    2. remember to remove the handle and put it inside the bag

The only thing I have to remember with the Dakine is to be under 50#.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I got a K2 bag and it lasted 1/2 of a trip. Had to do extensive repairs to get it back home. Don't get a K2 bag.

Of you’re talking double ski bag, I went through almost every soft bag before grabbing spirt tubes at the swap for nothing. Should they ever wear out I will happily pay full retail. Bomber, easy to wheel around and protective.

Do they take up space when storing? Yes.

Do they offer a huge amount of protection for $4000 plus of Skis? Absolutely.

Just packed our 4 pair for our next trip and was thinking how great and easy they are.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I think I got this one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 11.31.19 AM.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	221218

I like it a lot, actually. No wheels, but then I didn't want wheels. Dentists here always carry on their boots, but I don't, so I fill this thing to 50 pounds, including boots, check it, and carry on whatever else. I can carry 50 pounds through airports etc. easily, so WTF.

I have an older version of this. Durable as fuck.
    http://www.dynastar.com/en-rs/produc...heel-bag-210cm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

My wife and I both use the fall line double. While not the most durable, it's durable enough and light. And you can get them ~$100 on sale. Hard to beat IMHO.

I have some cardboard that is folded up inside to act as another layer of padding and it does a really stellar job of adding to the durability -- I find that tears happen almost exclusively over hard prominences in the bag, so I try to minimize those and use the cardboard to make for a smooth contour. I know some people might be averse to this step or think the bag should be strong enough on it's own, but I've been using the same cardboard lining for years now and it just works so well for very little weight penalty.

Hutasch, I owned two Dakine Double Concourse and loved them but like others the Fing airlines killed both. As someone else suggested I bought the Thule Roundtrip Double and absolutely love it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

My ~15 year old PMGear double bag is starting to show its age. And, I need a second bag for the family’s skis.

Those complaining about weight, how heavy are the double bags? I can easily put two pair in my PMGear bag and some clothes and still be at 40 lbs.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

DK fall line is fine. Durable and big enough but lighter than old concourse. I have pics if u want
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Have had two Db ski bags and two dakine. Would not buy another Db for three reasons. Durability just isn’t there, 1) had holes and wear showing after first use; 2) awkward to pack with the half zippers especially if trying to travel with two sets of skis; 3) the design on the handle system means they don’t work as a true 190/200cm ski back so for those with longer skis - obviously fine if you ski or shorter skis. If I was in the market I would go dakine (assuming it would have a limited life as others have mentioned) or try something new like the patagucci

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Those complaining about weight, how heavy are the double bags? I can easily put two pair in my PMGear bag and some clothes and still be at 40 lbs.
    Not man sized skis. Two pair of 190+ chargers, poles and I’m usually around 46-47lbs.
    Great bag, just fairly heavy at 14 lbs.

Where's the info on the new patagucci bag? I am sucking at searching apparently.

$329? At first I thought not for me, but it’s only 8 pounds.

Don't know how I missed that on the site. I'm an idiot.

I've got the Patagucci bag (on sale thankfully). It's good, but you will have trouble fitting anything over a true 193 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Not man sized skis. Two pair of 190+ chargers, poles and I’m usually around 46-47lbs.
    Great bag, just fairly heavy at 14 lbs.
    What bag are you using?
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.