Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I wouldn't now, I spent most of the time in the high alpine, away from greens. Going to the Village was always a slalom of gapers.
    There is a green trail off every single lift at WB. Including the Alpine lifts. Unless you mean you were not packing about a lift all day. When I was there, most people coming off Peak, Harmony, 7th Heaven and Glacier were hitting the cat tracks that slowly wind themselves down the hill.

I hiked a bit while there, and you could see people skiing sick lines all over, but the vast majority of humanity were grouped together on the piste.

Even on the two powder days, the average skier ability was not overly impressive. I just think it attracts way to many tourist to keep the average level high.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Didn’t they have some water park killed a lot of people, too??
    Action park. Didn't kill many but hurt quite a few. I loved that place. I was one of the few that actually got to do the enclosed full loop waterslide. They had some cool shit there.

My local ski group as a kid went to Vernon valley/MTN Creek and hidden valley. Left school at 3 skied to.9or 10 once a week. I had a lot of fun, but it's tiny and ice mostly. I think now they concentrate on a solid park scene. I think their park is great if you're into that. Also hear the MTN biking up there is sweet too, but never been.

Was cool as a kid. You wouldn't catch me there now if you paid me.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Saw a vote for Winterplace, WV and I’ll second it. I was seriously afraid I was going to get my legs taken out by a guy in a Canadian tuxedo. Beech Mt is a close second.

I spend a lot of time in CB, there is some serious talent up there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Hurry up and finish your wine so we can go get us some milkshakes"

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    Saw a vote for Winterplace, WV and I’ll second it. I was seriously afraid I was going to get my legs taken out by a guy in a Canadian tuxedo. Beech Mt is a close second.

I spend a lot of time in CB, there is some serious talent up there.

Where's the old thread about the WV ski area Webcam? That shit was hilarious.

I don't think southern /mid - Atlantic ski areas should be included.... Of course they're going to suck; skiing is more of a novelty for most down there
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Which Resort has the Best/Worst Average Skier?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Where's the old thread about the WV ski area Webcam? That shit was hilarious.

I don't think southern /mid - Atlantic ski areas should be included.... Of course they're going to suck; skiing is more of a novelty for most down there
    I belive this is the one yer looking for.
    Sugar Mt, NC, base cam
    Looks busy!

http://www.skisugar.com/cams/
    crab in my shoe mouth

137 posts and nobody has asked whether "average" means mean or median? WTF?
    Last edited by OldSteve; 01-14-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Damn. Steve took this thread seriously, as well as several others. Lmao!

My bad. I've been on the road for a couple weeks. Taking people seriously happens when one spends time around sincere well-meaning people, away from the TGR all snark all the time.

It's ok man. Reality and this place are universes apart.

BTW, we had a blast skiing a foot of fresh wet pow at Lookout on Boomer Friday on our return from the midwest

So much depends on the particular day. Squaw does have a leg-up on Whistler and Jackson - if we're talking average - because it's not much of a destination for wealthy tourons. Sure, there are plenty still, but if they're in the Tahoe area generally they'll go to Northstar or Heavenly. But I'm thinking Bridger has to be right up there. And I was definitely impressed by the average skier at Alta / Snowbird. Has anyone mentioned Kirkwood? Legit terrain with some hardcore regulars, and it's a pain in the ass to get there so it keeps people away. Before the Vail acquisition I would have listed it, but now not so much I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    BTW, we had a blast skiing a foot of fresh wet pow at Lookout on Boomer Friday on our return from the midwest
    Most excellent! Sounds like they tried to make you feel at home with the wet pow,.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I've still seen better skiers elsewhere.
    Yeah, better than Kreitler, the Christ brothers or any of those other slubs from Sun Valley too!

its pretty funny how some ski areas are so into their ski "celebrities"

Reggie Crist is a fat fucking retard
    I ate breakfast with him at the Forklift once. Next level dumb
    crab in my shoe mouth

Winterplace, WV is the shit!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Reggie Crist is a fat fucking retard
    I ate breakfast with him at the Forklift once. Next level dumb
    That’s rich!

Take a lap, beater.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    I have not skied there for 20 years but I remember Whitewater having an abundance of absolute rippers. Especially of the knee dropping persuasion. So many dudes just slaying it under the Summit chair. Wonder if it's still like that.
    way less teles, 18-20 years ago was their heyday. still lots of rippers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    That’s rich!

Take a lap, beater.
    Nah, dude. He’s a mouth breathing, fat fuck.
    Dick Punch, beater
    crab in my shoe mouth

I saw a couple total beginners taking beater falls on green runs at Bridger today and it stood out as we don't see that much, except over the holidays - maybe. So yes, some local hill like Bridger probably has the best "average" skier just because we don't get the beginner tourists to bring down the average.

And the locals rip. The average pass holder is damn good. But Jackson or Sqaw no doubt have a higher average local just because of size and terrain and the number of ski bums. Skiing at Bridger is more a part of people's lives as opposed to moving here just to ski.

Posting in this thread with any sort of actual content is like being part of the Special Olympics. Nothing wrong with that btw, just saying.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Every area has its jerrys. Back in the day riding up Collins at Alta, back when it ended halfway and you skied down to Germania lift to get to the top--powder day, we're on an early chair, and near the top of the lift I hear mad whooping, just like in a Warren Miller film. I wonder who could have up high that soon to be making that noise. I look down to see two guys--in cowboy hats of course--snowplowing on the flat under the lift doing all the whooping. But hey, they were having fun, so who's to judge?

Some people take themselves way too seriously. Maybe we can all learn from the fun loving no shit giving "Jerry's"? Or not? Whatever.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Worst: Buck Hill, MN
    Best: Mt. Eyak, AK

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Some people take themselves way too seriously. Maybe we can all learn from the fun loving no shit giving "Jerry's"? Or not? Whatever.
    No, no!

Skiing is serious business. Otherwise what would all those life sacrifices that we’ve made in order to be badass skiers amount to?

If you don’t have someone to look down upon, then what is your worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.