Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    I haven't skied nearly enough places to offer an expert opinion on the subject but it would be shocking to me if Socal areas would not be at the top of the list. The only one I've skied personally is Mammoth and people were having great difficulty loading detachable chairs. I have to assume that areas further south would be worse. Mt Lemmon outside of Tucson was pretty bad too, although in all fairness it's not easy skiing on grass.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Actually just about any resort outside of Mammoth in socal is full of gapers.
    A couple of winters back when the San Gabriels got deep snow I skied Mt Baldy on a weekend and those few who were skiing were all amazing. A woman from Seal Beach who ripped on skis showed me a few of the better shots. Now the tubing park and the snow driving skills of the Angelenos were so bad it was fun to watch.

^^ the real SoKal skiers ski Baldy, the gapers go to Snow Summit or Mt. High.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by mitanokaseifu View Post
    I have to say little Burke Mountain Vermont has some of the best skiers anywhere. The locals rip and Burke Mountain Academy is pretty much exclusive to elite skiers. Burke skiers know how to turn, it's in their blood and they take that to Squaw or wherever. Worst skiers are pretty much anywhere in Tahoe on a weekend with the bay area folks, although there are definitely some rippers in the mix.
    LOL you made an account just for that comment, you a Vermonter that relocated to CA? That place look as flat as Northstar... I know, I know, Vermont puts out lots of fast racers...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I vote for Squaw as having the most aggro lift lines.
    Can confirm
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    LOL you made an account just for that comment, you a Vermonter that relocated to CA? That place look as flat as Northstar... I know, I know, Vermont puts out lots of fast racers...

Can confirm
    Yeah, been lurking here for years, but had to sign up just to send a shot out to Burke. I’m from California originally and spent two seasons in Vermont. I was blown away how good the skiers were at Burke. Even McConkey spent time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    A couple of winters back when the San Gabriels got deep snow I skied Mt Baldy on a weekend and those few who were skiing were all amazing. A woman from Seal Beach who ripped on skis showed me a few of the better shots. Now the tubing park and the snow driving skills of the Angelenos were so bad it was fun to watch.
    The only reason you saw only a few folks skiing and they were rippers is that everyone else wound up in a ditch on the way to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Mt hood meadows has the highest per capita shitty skiers (while think they’re fucking CHARGING) then anywhere I’ve been. Coupled with the side slipping snowboard crowd....fuck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I can confirm this. I’d also say it has the highest per capita of shitty skiers on touring setups that never see a pair of skins or leave the resort.