50,00 battered women in America...

and I have to eat mine plain.

I went to hear David Sedaris read from his new unpublished book on Tuesday, and he reads from some of his other stuff as well. This is from a list of his ideas for T-shirts. David Sedaris is really fucking funny, I've read all his books, and if you ever thought of seeing him live, I highly recommend it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    and I have to eat mine plain.

I went to hear David Sedaris read from his new unpublished book on Tuesday, and he reads from some of his other stuff as well. This is from a list of his ideas for T-shirts. David Sedaris is really fucking funny, I've read all his books, and if you ever thought of seeing him live, I highly recommend it.
    He's awesome live. My wife and I saw him in Boulder back when he was coming out with Me Talk Pretty, I think, and we saw him last year here in Aspen and he's still just as good. As great as his books are there is just something special about him reading it in his voice. After seeing him the first time now when I read his stuff that's all I here.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

oh man "me talk pretty one day" was maybe the most laugh-out-loud book I've ever read

funny
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

^^^ He told the Sea-Section story when I saw him, and I argued with my wife that he probably spelled it C-Section, and then backtracked when confronted by people about it. Yes, "Me Talk Pretty" is hilarious.

Can you imagine how fun it would be at a get together with David and Amy with sister Gretchen or whoever supplying topics? You'd never stop laughing. I'm going to buy "Theft by Finding" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^ He told the Sea-Section story when I saw him, and I argued with my wife that he probably spelled it C-Section, and then backtracked when confronted by people about it. Yes, "Me Talk Pretty" is hilarious.

Can you imagine how fun it would be at a get together with David and Amy with sister Gretchen or whoever supplying topics? You'd never stop laughing. I'm going to buy "Theft by Finding" right now.
    I dunno, man. I'm not familiar with him but know amy's stuff. After posting that Colbert interview, I looked it up. not only reading about his sister's suicide but finding out that a friend of mine is mentioned in the new yorker article, about tiffany in somerville etc. how weird is that ? The guy sounds like an asshole. He seems funny, twisted and smart but jeesus, what a fucked up family. I don't know his work, but from what I've been reading, DS seems like a douche.

Maybe. I don't think so. He's very direct. He had an unusual family and writes about it. Often he tells a story, about some rube, then tells how he shouldn't have been so harsh.
    Links to more, (maybe you saw this):
    https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/david-sedaris

yes, read a bunch of that stuff. Maybe I need to dig deeper. I'm a huge comedy fan but only really know Strangers With Candy, Sedaris wise.

I checked in with a buddy that knew her. Says her brother is a douche. this guy is a beer rep and plays bass in a pretty famous metal band, so I respect his opinion.
    suicide sucks, clinical depression and a brother that seems to need to air out family dirty laundry for profit... just my .02