The United Arab Emirates, Bahamas, France, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and Germany are among those urging caution to U.S.-bound travelers. The concerns include mass shootings, police violence, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT attitudes and the Zika virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...m/amp/88458238

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    The United Arab Emirates, Bahamas, France, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and Germany are among those urging caution to U.S.-bound travelers. The concerns include mass shootings, police violence, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT attitudes and the Zika virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...m/amp/88458238
    HA! That's hilarious. Go ahead and make that comparison all you'd like, but you wouldn't last 5 minutes in Sinaloa or Tamaulipas. I've spent plenty of time in Tama and other north central Mexican states. Sadly, I probably won't be going back for quite some time, which sucks because I truly do miss my friends down there. Last time I went scared me enough to not go back. I saw some messed up stuff.

But yeah, go ahead and keep believing that anti-LGBT attitudes (or the rest of those "warnings") are remotely equitable.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    HA! That's hilarious. Go ahead and make that comparison all you'd like, but you wouldn't last 5 minutes in Sinaloa or Tamaulipas. I've spent plenty of time in Tama and other north central Mexican states. Sadly, I probably won't be going back for quite some time, which sucks because I truly do miss my friends down there. Last time I went scared me enough to not go back. I saw some messed up stuff.

But yeah, go ahead and keep believing that anti-LGBT attitudes (or the rest of those "warnings") are remotely equitable.
    I can't even imagine how scary it is down there. Fucking drug Lord's and their shit tactics. Hurts all the honest people living in these places. How can you fix mass corruption like this though?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I can't even imagine how scary it is down there. Fucking drug Lord's and their shit tactics. Hurts all the honest people living in these places. How can you fix mass corruption like this though?
    It's pretty bad. Driving by a pedestrian bridge crossing the highway in a small town in Coahuila, girlfriend at the time told me that about once a week they'd toss some random over the bridge just to keep the town in line. Often in broad daylight. She saw the bodies many times on her bi-weekly commute from the states to her home town. They'd leave them hanging over the weekend as the people and the authorities were too scared to immediately remove them. The victims apparently typically had nothing to do with the cartels and that was a big change from the good old days. Used to be fairly safe and you'd only get messed with if you were involved in that world. Not so any more. Really tragic for that small town since it used to be quaint and peaceful. A common story all over the states concerned. The cartels LOVE terrorizing the small towns and public hanging's become a favorite tactic of theirs.

Here's a pic from a recent hanging in Baja:

But yeah, America is totally JUST as scary. As usual, silversurfer lets his biases shine bright.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    It's pretty bad. Driving by a pedestrian bridge crossing the highway in a small town in Coahuila, girlfriend at the time told me that about once a week they'd toss some random over the bridge just to keep the town in line. Often in broad daylight. She saw the bodies many times on her bi-weekly commute from the states to her home town. They'd leave them hanging over the weekend as the people and the authorities were too scared to immediately remove them. The victims apparently typically had nothing to do with the cartels and that was a big change from the good old days. Used to be fairly safe and you'd only get messed with if you were involved in that world. Not so any more. Really tragic for that small town since it used to be quaint and peaceful. A common story all over the states concerned. The cartels LOVE terrorizing the small towns and public hanging's become a favorite tactic of theirs.

Here's a pic from a recent hanging in Baja:

But yeah, America is totally JUST as scary. As usual, silversurfer lets his biases shine bright.
    Jesus....they need an army and a lot of dead people to fix this problem. Crazy what money does to people. How could an "officer of the law" stand by and watch Innocents die to line his pockets? What's to say you're not next? Probably always a possibility. Sucks that criminals can basically control an entire country.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Decriminalize/legalize

Decriminalize/legalize
    I don't know I'm already seeing articles about cartels taking over in legal states with huge grows and strong arm tactics.

Decriminalize/legalize
    I wish it was simple as that. I'm all on board with decriminalization too, BUT seeing as their mj revenues have been drying up for years, they've just switched over to things like meth. Let's say we decriminalize ALL drugs. Well, you better believe they're not going to just hang up their hats and call it a day. They'll certainly branch out to other modes of income. Let's say we magically solved all of the US's thirst for illicit drugs overnight. We'd still be very far from seeing the end of all these turditos. Their cancer runs deep within all levels of Mexico's overtly corrupt governmental bodies. There are many good, patriotic policemen and politicians down there believe it or not. You'd be surprised. Unfortunately the most honorable ones somehow don't last too long. Any time one of them takes a stand against the cartels, they're offed in short order.

Yo, Silver. Read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xican_Drug_War
    FYI municipal presidents are the equivalent of a mayor. Still want to draw comparisons here? How many American politicians have been murdered lately? Uh oh, but hey there have been some mean things said about others here and that's EVERY bit as bad. I suppose in your eyes, they may be. I heard a rant lately from an LGBT activist (who said she was 'non-binary') stating that intentionally using the wrong pronoun for another person who identifies differently is literally an "act of violence." HA! I bet the fine citizens of Mexico would beg to differ.

Should we blend this with the "Do You live in a shithole country thread?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I lived in Sinaloa for a summer (one of the states on the list). I'd love to go back and visit the people is stayed with there, but I'm a little afraid that I'd look a bit too much like a visiting DEA agent. It was a lull in the violence when i was there, but a couple years after I left it started up again and the brother/next door neighbor of the guy I stayed with was killed in a cartel ambush as he was in the Guardia Civil. I didn't know him as well as i did his brother but I hung out with him dozens of times. Good guy. R.I.P.