George Clinton/ Maggot Brain

so pissed. I missed seeing Uncle George for free last night in Boston. Sponsored by Sam Adams evidently, I got invited by beer industry friends.Hoping someone shot some video of it.
    At Royale, no less. Where we used to host TGR movies before it moved to House Of Blues, great, old school venue.
    2013:

1983:
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

If it makes you feel any better, I heard it wasn’t the best show from a couple buds who attended.

His show at the Palladium in 2002-2003ish, I forget, is the craziest concert I’ve ever witnessed hands down. Played from like 10-11pm - 3 in the morning- less rules in Worcester, particularly back then. Place was bumpin, drugs were jumpin, could t see thru the smoke. I came upstairs from the Blind Guardian show in the basement and they just kept playing. Then my buddies crashed their car on the way home, I drove the other car, we were young- some of us couldn’t drive yet. A night I won’t forget.

I feel ya. He's playing in Tahoe next week and I gotta work, no getting out of it. I've seen probably 10 or 12 P-Funk shows, as well as a bunch of members on their own, but not for a few years, and no telling how much longer George will be around. Probably not a single person ever besides maybe Keith Richards that has partied as long as him, and he's basically been on tour nonstop for about fifty years. I was probably around 16 when I decided that when I die I want Maggot Brain played at my funeral with the volume cranked to 11.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    I feel ya. He's playing in Tahoe next week and I gotta work, no getting out of it. I've seen probably 10 or 12 P-Funk shows, as well as a bunch of members on their own, but not for a few years, and no telling how much longer George will be around. Probably not a single person ever besides maybe Keith Richards that has partied as long as him, and he's basically been on tour nonstop for about fifty years. I was probably around 16 when I decided that when I die I want Maggot Brain played at my funeral with the volume cranked to 11.
    the ices took me and the mrs. to the depot to get on board the mothership last year for me dob
    george has cleaned up a lot he looked like a classic bb king, buddy guy, funky blues musician
    vrs a pajama wearin basehead
    and was on stage the whole time and brought it hard
    which was cool vrs a scarry hoes 420 show were he came on stage at midnight for a couple songs
    and a kinda lack luster Olympic performance
    ive been to a dozen or so shows
    dec for lasts or the smokin grooves show at the saltair were a couple of the better ones
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Awesome to hear he’s still got it