Looking for Fischer Ranger 98s or similar

I want a 98-100 waist ski that has some metal and will be fun to put on edge but also easy to throw around in tighter trees. From what I've read, the ranger's fit the bill. Anyone have any they want to sell?

I'd settle for something similar. Maybe some Bonafides? I think the Mantra would fall into this category and would probably excel in trees and soft snow, but I have reservations about a full rocker ski on the east coast.

Also, I have brand new Rossignol Experience 100 ti's (2016) that I'd love to trade for the skis mentioned above.

Not mine, but found these on Craigslist. I would be interested in the bindings if you make a deal.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/sp...446264880.html

Those look sweet but maybe a little wider than what I need.

+1 for the ranger 98. You might like the nordica enforcer 100 too.

Ranger only has metal under the bindings and skis very differently than a ski like the Bonafide with metal from tip to tail. Its really fun to throw around, but it gets bounced around alot carving on anything not smooth.

What length are you looking for? I have some 185 Fischer Motive 95 ti that I'm thinking of unloading. Very carvey and fun in snow up to a foot deep. Unlike the Ranger there is plenty of metal, two sheets of titanal but they're fairly light with carbon stringers in the core and the top layer of titanal has fenestrations in it. Same ski as the Pro Mtn 95.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What length are you looking for? I have some 185 Fischer Motive 95 ti that I'm thinking of unloading. Very carvey and fun in snow up to a foot deep. Unlike the Ranger there is plenty of metal, two sheets of titanal but they're fairly light with carbon stringers in the core and the top layer of titanal has fenestrations in it. Same ski as the Pro Mtn 95.
    Second the Motive 95ti (I have 180s at 175#s). More heft than Ranger 98, but not super stiff or heavy. Versatile, agile. Can do well on piste, bumps, and up to a foot of fresh. I think the Pro Mtn 95 was the next iteration (slightly different construction and feel)

Skied them on a sneaky pow day at Squaw last year and had a blast

Atomic Vantage 100cti is also a very good Ski that meets your needs.

Latest version of the Mantra would easily fit that bill also. Make sure you demo it first. The flat/reverse camber profile makes it a little squirelly at slow speeds, but you get use to it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Need more skis like a hole in the head, but what do you want for those?

Quote Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
    Need more skis like a hole in the head, but what do you want for those?
    I'm gonna get them ground and tuned $150 + shipping?

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/spo/d...455488857.html

No affiliation, but it might fit your needs?

I might be interested if dgillignan02 isn't.
    Maybe a dumb question, but, how do you think they compare to the Nordica Enforcer 100? Not as stiff, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by dskier View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but, how do you think they compare to the Nordica Enforcer 100? Not as stiff, etc?
    Stiffer and chargier. Like an og Mantra with early rise and splay.

I'm interested if others pass and am semi local.

Adding the Atomic Vantage 100cti and Mantra to the list of skis I am looking for.

Fischer Watea 96 (186cm). They have Barons on them and also skins. Skis have 6 days on them (5 at Snowbird in a pow week and 1 day on the groomers at Magic). Barons have more days but no tours. Skis are 9.5/10, Barons are 7/10 (cosmetically). BD Ascension skins are unused but cut for the skis.

Skis rail the groomers, are very nimble and were pretty stinkin awesome in up to 24" of Utah's finest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SB.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	503.4 KB 
ID:	221236

The whole package is $475 but willing to split (skis - $250, Barons $125, skins $100). Shipping extra.

Quote Originally Posted by dskier View Post
    I’m out, resisting temptation. Sounds like fair deal, snap ‘em up!

Bump still looking