Woodward Park City

Approved and breaking ground this spring! I know Dantheman will be happy about this, and other parents out there too. Pretty cool but the indoor facility looks kinda small for what will be a big demand. I think.

http://www.campwoodward.com/location...-city/overview

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WWPC-Overview-Sketch.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	591.4 KB 
ID:	221063

It looks sick. I am selfishly waiting to see if I can sit in their coffee lounge / pub and work and then take foam pit hits and pump track laps while my queries run.

My oldest kiddo is just getting her bearings on her bike and skis and my wife will likely be interested in employment there. It'll be nice to have this in the neighborhood.

One of the best things to come to Utah. Will be interesting to see how this works out. We are seriously lacking in indoor bike facilities at this point...We have ZERO!
    you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    One of the best things to come to Utah. Will be interesting to see how this works out. We are seriously lacking in indoor bike facilities at this point...We have ZERO!
    We took our little one to rad canyon's temporary indoor setup last weekend. That was pretty sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    We took our little one to rad canyon's temporary indoor setup last weekend. That was pretty sick!
    The BMX racing is pretty sweet. He did one race last month and won his age/class. I thought winning would get him into it, but jumping is what he's really into and the courses don't offer much air time.

I'm sure Woodward PC will be top shelf. I'm glad to hear that it sounds like it's going to be similar to the Tahoe and Copper facilities which do pretty reasonably priced season passes and you can drop in whenever, as opposed to Woodward West and Woodward PA which only do week-long camps that are pretty expensive.

I have to think that this kills any possibility of Spencer re-opening Wasatch Indoor.

I wanted to get into Wasatch Indoor, but I couldn't. Compared to Ray's or some of the other indoor parks, it was lacking in flow and variety. Not enough to get me in the car to drive there, anyways.

Not that I'm hating: I wish it had worked out better, and the owner seems like a solid dude.

Yeah, it was definitely a low-rent place compared Woodward and Ray's (never ridden either, personally). But, I have a soft spot for places that are a bit rough around the edges and it had a good vibe. As much as anything, I see it as emblematic of how the deck is stacked against small businesses these days which really bums me out.

Ray's was (haven't been in several years) rough around the edges, but it was awesome! Man I miss that place. Stoked for you guys.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, it was definitely a low-rent place compared Woodward and Ray's (never ridden either, personally). But, I have a soft spot for places that are a bit rough around the edges and it had a good vibe. As much as anything, I see it as emblematic of how the deck is stacked against small businesses these days which really bums me out.
    I tried to partner with them with my gear marketplace startup, but we didn't make it either.

Stoked for Woodward though!