Potential Bachelor Party Trip on Gauley/Yough

Not kayak related, but it has been hard to find info on the likelihood of having a good time with a group of 8-12 guys (some experienced, some not so much, but all comfortable in the water) on a rafting trip in WV in the late spring to summer time frame (May to July). I know the duckies are an option, but would rather have the crew together in one or two boats.

I'm trying to understand if it would be worth booking something on the Gauley during that time period knowing the need for elevated flows. I wasn't really able to find average CFS for the period, but was hoping someone might have a sense for likelihood (i.e. wet spring/cool May could produce enough CFS in June vs. post-rain event only in July). There would likely be some ability to pivot to something different if nature didn't cooperate, but if it's really rare to be able to run rafts during that time frame, probably bag the idea for something more reliable.

The upper yough looks more reliable for the time period with the weekend release schedule, but wasn't sure if it would offer the same fun factor as the Gauley.

There won't be any commercial rafting trips offered on the Gauley until the fall release season. The New River will be the only option in southern WV for your stated time frame. The Upper Yough is an arguably tougher run than the Upper Gauley, with tight technical creeky moves vs the big water experience of the G. It's a different type of trip, but arguably just as enjoyable depending on your interests. Check with Precision Rafting in Friendsville MD for your best options.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Thanks, much appreciated

Local New river outfitters will run the G if there is water, at least they used to. Cheat is a good combo with the upper Yo. North Branch of the Po is tamer but will have some scheduled releases. Savage is an option as well.

I highly recommend Precision Rafting also, Rodger and crew are topnotch guides and know the best water intimately. Also check out Blackwater Outdoors, they are well placed for Dry fork of the Cheat and Cheat Narrows.

The earlier you can go is the best chance of good water. The New is run year round while other runs are seasonal or release only. A guided low water ducky trip on the upper G is a rare treat and real eye opener if you run it at fall releases.
    watch out for snakes