MTN Lab binding release values?

I´ve seen a few threads here and a couple of reports on Wildsnow, but no ultimate answer to this.
    More like guessed values and all different.

Did anyone take the pain to MEASURE the release values related to the 3 provided springs, "woman", "man, "expert"?
    It would also be interesting to assess the consistency resp. how much are the value scattered among different bindings of the same model.

Thanks!

I never found a DIN testing machine so went with the best guess. Sorry. Anyone have access to a DIN tested in Whistler/Vancouver?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ALL pin bindings release like crap, regardless. If you are REALLY concerned with release values, you should be on alpine bindings.
    Pin bindings can only claim to "release in a fall." ...most likely.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

I've heard a range from 8-10 for the "men" spring. Skimo.co did tell me that they think that the brake changes the release values too much. Leads me to believe that they have tested release so maybe check with them. And report back.

if you bought a tech binding with a ewe spring why the fuck would you care ?

I found my verts and rads to release fairly reliably with close to the vertical and horizontal values I set
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

we got about 9 on the m's and about 11 on the e's with a 311 bsl. (as tested with one of those twisty things)
    but that was last season on a tuesday and the moon was in the seventh house .
    Last edited by Cosmic Suncloud; 01-09-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if you bought a tech binding with a ewe spring why the fuck would you care ?

I
    I'm not sure how that makes sense to you. Why wouldn't I want to know an average release value?

people ( who don't rando race ) just run to their computers like lemmings check how many grams and buy the latest race style super light binding with a ewe spring ... which doesn't make sense to me which is why I wrote it

consider there are already hundreds of thousands of ewe spring tech bindings in use out there and nobody knows or cares about release values

I'm maybe like the little kid in "the emperors new clothes" pointing out the obvious

do ewe spring bindings just release in New Zealand, Scotland and Wales?

Since someone seems to be a little puzzled by my question, what I find interesting in this binding is not the low weight.
    I normally tour with Dynafit Verts and some 1,8kg planks (each) and I don't mind touring with Marker Tours or even Adrenalins if I am in the mood.

The point is, what's not there cannot break and if so a simple built binding can work, that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PNB View Post
    Since someone seems to be a little puzzled by my question, what I find interesting in this binding is not the low weight.
    I normally tour with Dynafit Verts and some 1,8kg planks (each) and I don't mind touring with Marker Tours or even Adrenalins if I am in the mood.

The point is, what's not there cannot break and if so a simple built binding can work, that would be interesting.
    but isnt teh tech binding also suposed to be a safety device which holds the ski to the foot when you want to ski and gets rid of the ski for those times when you are glad it came off, which means I would expect we should all have a clue what the release value is and ideally that value should be adjustable but it would appear so far that nobody really knows ?

Ultralight rando racer binding with the u spring, OK its for racing so i will give you that, but copycat rando racer wananbes in the BC ...reallly ?

But then here we got Salomon a major manufacter playing copycat on a u spring binding for general use as their 1st foray into the tech market so instead of making something safer or at the very least as safe as a speed turn or Vert, Salomon is charging about twice the price for less function which people are fine with paying and BTW speedturn/vert don't /didn't break inspite of being more complex than a U spring binding so IMO rando wannabes are really all about being a weight weeny

so wtf should anyone care what the release value of a U spring is cuz they have or are gona buy them anyway and so what I am puzzled about is why anyone would use them at all instead of a safer alternative?

[QUOTE=XXX-er;5219373]
    But then here we got Salomon a major manufacter playing copycat on a u spring binding for general use as their 1st foray into the tech market so instead of making something safer or at the very least as safe as a speed turn or Vert, Salomon is charging about twice /QUOTE]

my experience is that the mtn tech is as safe or safer, and skis better, than the comparable dynafit for overall bc travel. maybe they're more expensive in canada, but you can usually get them for around $300-350 non-prodeal shipped to the usa.
    but i have the atomic version, so its probably better than soli version.

Yeah its impossible to maladjust or differentiate between vert/horizontal release which must be safer from a "dummy proof" perspective so what i hear you saying is that you don't know what the release value is either?

Price wise they both cost 20-25% more than the USA due to the Canadian peso but as the season winds down I will see speed turn discounted to half the price of the Amer product which likley won't be discount much cuz its new

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yeah its impossible to maladjust or differentiate between vert/horizontal release which must be safer from a "dummy proof" perspective so what i hear you saying is that you don't know what the release value is either?

Price wise they both cost 20-25% more than the USA due to the Canadian peso but as the season winds down I will see speed turn discounted to half the price of the Amer product which likley won't be discount much cuz its new
    as mentioned above, we tested them last year with the standard testing procedure and got the values stated above for lateral and vertical.
    to me, the dynafit adjustability is pretty worthless. the dynafits i have i set at 8 or 9 for the life of the binding and don't fiddle around "adjusting" for conditions. i lock the toe if i don't want them to come off. by safer, i meant bindings that don't break, pre release, and release when they should. plus not having to lock the toe out on the up is a little safer with the mtns.

with respect to pricing, i think TP had them last year at $270 us. the mtn is not new, its been around for a couple of years in europe so there should be deals. dynafit toes are fine, but there are lot better heels out there (at least in the past, but maybe the new dynafits are better).

I' m probably lighter so I want 7 horizontal and 8 vertical, where do i get that from, grind the U with my angle grinder ?

right now they are 500$ at back country, you like em I think the whole idea is lame ...we disagree

Wildsnow tested W-6 M-8 E-12

not sure what size boot
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025