Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Arcterxy could just copy the original and they would be the shit
    They did not. New fabric (GORE-TEX INFINIUM), no suspenders, new zip thigh vents. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    They did not. New fabric (GORE-TEX INFINIUM), no suspenders, new zip thigh vents. We'll see.
    I liked their very minimalist suspenders I even had a set of loops grafted onto my patagucci so i could swap the arcterxy suspenders over

as a short little AZN fucker (30" inseam) what I found with soft shell pants is that if the pockets have vertical opennings they take up too much room on the side of the piece that the vent zips need

also shit falls out of a vertical openning pocket so you want horizontal openning pockets like 1st version of the procline

also the piss zip that opens both ways on the patagucci didnt work very well cuz it didnt open far enough

either becuz I am a short AZN fucker

or cuz I am hung like a race horse
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I liked their very minimalist suspenders I even had a set of loops grafted onto my patagucci so i could swap the arcterxy suspenders over

as a short little AZN fucker (30" inseam) what I found with soft shell pants is that if the pockets have vertical opennings they take up too much room on the side of the piece that the vent zips need

also shit falls out of a vertical openning pocket so you want horizontal openning pockets like 1st version of the procline

also the piss zip that opens both ways on the patagucci didnt work very well cuz it didnt open far enough

either becuz I am a short AZN fucker

or cuz I am hung like a race horse
    I'm in that same club. I liked the suspenders, too, and talked the rep out of a few extra pairs which I use on my Sabre hardshell pants. The fly zipper on those is about 1.5 inches too short, gotta be extra careful during the shake off so as not to get the drip down the leg effect

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Hmm
    Lindahl that reminds me that you're a fan of the ferrosi jacket. As am i.
    Would you use their ferrosi pant for skiing?
    I have a pair of cirque 2s and the ferrosi pants (zip off for hiking). The ferrosi fabric as you may know is very breathable and dries fast but is not thick or warm at all. I'd maybe use them on the warmest days but would probably prefer the cirque 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Hmm
    Lindahl that reminds me that you're a fan of the ferrosi jacket. As am i.
    Would you use their ferrosi pant for skiing?
    What John said.. purely a warm spring/summer pant. Good for fall high aline stuff too before the snow flies.

I lke them both a lot.

The new fabric is thinner, stretchier, and has a softer hand than the old. No suspenders is not a positive in my book. Fit is slightly tighter through the thighs (not good for me), pocket placement more or less the same and there is a beacon clip in the right thigh pocket. Verdict still out.

Wish Arcteryx would offer more pants with the short inseam.

The new fabric is thinner, stretchier, and has a softer hand than the old. No suspenders is not a positive in my book. Fit is slightly tighter through the thighs (not good for me), pocket placement more or less the same and there is a beacon clip in the right thigh pocket. Verdict still out.
    I came to the proclines on a warranty claim from the Fury which was a thinner material & had 4 pockets but the crotch delamed

arcterxy gave me the full price credit on the Fury for which I didn't even pay full price, at the same time they also thru a new shoulder harness on my Bora 40 pack, needless to say I am a fanboi of the deadbird products

I do like the thicker material of the proclines cuz its cold up here and they pretty much nailed the design of the powder cuff
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Has anyone tried the Flylow Tannen? It's billed as a low softshell bib, although it also has a 20k/20k membrane.

https://flylowgear.com/products/tannen-bib

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Wish Arcteryx would offer more pants with the short inseam.

i just picked up a pair of Gamma LT in mens MS and they fit great with kneepads underneath. gonna use these for cold resort days under shell.

i do need a schoeller type pant replacement for my BD Dawn patrol pants though.

What don't you like about the Dawn Patrols?

Quote Originally Posted by gman321 View Post
    What don't you like about the Dawn Patrols?
    I like everything about them. Just pretty much worn out at this point. Leg zipper broke, had to replace a snap and I think the fly zipper is on the way out. No way they’ll last another season.

OK I bought a pair of the Mammut base jump pants based on this thread and good reviews elsewhere. Just got them and they're a good bit tighter through the legs and especially the butt than i wanted.
    Main problem is the cuff though. They barely fit over the ski boot even in buckled up downhill mode and allow very little range of motion for uphill even if the ankle zips are open. Dont know how you guys tour in these.
    So definitely dont want an athletic fit i guess. Just slightly trimmer is fine.

So now looking at the Eddie Bauer pro guide pant and the OR Cirque Two.
    Eddie Bauer doesnt have the ankle zip/gusset so im doubtful.
    Cirque pant looks good but feeling gunshy. Just really dont want a Euro-stretchy pant deal.
    How's the fit on these two options?

I've had a couple of pairs of the Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pant and they're cut very generously. I just looked and noticed this on the web page for this product which is consistent with my experience:

Measurements, Size 33: Waist 35" | Seat 42" | Thigh 26.25" | Knee Cir. 19" | Leg Opening 18"

These are certainly "soft shell" pants but lack zippers on all but the thigh pockets so they'd get some snow in there. The fabric lacks weather resistance, compared to other brands. I have a pair of Arcteryx Gamma AR pants that are much better for ski touring and alpine climbing although the cuff lacks a zipper as well. The Eddie Bauer pants are more for cooler rock climbing or putting on back at the trail head after skiing, in my opinion.

I have some of the original OR Trailbreakers that are designed specifically for BC Touring, burly and fit my big butt well. They're a little long in the legs for me but I love the fit of them otherwise. Have you looked a the current version of the OR Trailbreakers?

Not sure about the OR Cirque.
    Last edited by Bronco; 03-29-2022 at 03:54 PM.

I have a pair of first-gen OR Cirque pants. They are on the trimmer side but as tight as euro brands. I have some EU L/ US M Dynafit pants that fit similar to the M Cirque. A touch more room than Ortovox Col Becchei in M. More trim than Arcteryx Gamma in M which I would call an average fit and much more trim than Black Diamond Dawn Patrol which are super baggy. Velcro waist adjustment is nice. Cuff has a huge opening, easily fit over all my boots including resort boots. No gaiter.

Just bought Ortrovox Bacun pant cause euro green offsets my eyes. Also has merino lining. On sale for $228

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

This could go in the shit that annoys you thread but fuck this trend from most manufacturers of decent touring pants of going Euro tight. I got squeezed out of most brands and models I used to like and it's not because I'm getting fat. Touring pants these days will squeeze my ass harder than an aggressive cougar at the bar, choke my meaty thighs, and barely fit over my boots (assuming I remembered to bring forceps and some form of lubrication to make it work). That shit only works for malnourished rando bros who need every bit of help to reach the vert quota. I give 0 fucks about that stuff and want comfortable gear that doesn't make me look like a giant condom on skis. Seems like that's only available in hardshell these days...

Edit: this is what I'm talking about right here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Black Diamond Dawn Patrol which are super baggy
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit boy, if you think those pants are baggy you need a few sandwiches and a trip back to the early 90s to see what baggy really means.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The medium Dawn Patrol is so baggy I tried the small which was just a little too tight in the waist and short in the leg so I ended up with the women's medium which is a pretty good fit, similar to men's mediums from other brands

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This could go in the shit that annoys you thread but fuck this trend from most manufacturers of decent touring pants of going Euro tight. I got squeezed out of most brands and models I used to like
    Agree entirely.
    Fucking hate skinny jeans too

+1 vote for BD Dawn Patrol as a reasonable pant volume. It has appropriate fabric at the cuff too for abrasion resistance

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    +1 vote for BD Dawn Patrol as a reasonable pant volume. It has appropriate fabric at the cuff too for abrasion resistance
    +2. Been skiing in a pair all season, all conditions. Performs admirably. Fits well, breaths great. My only complaint is the mesh behind the thigh zips. I should just stop being lazy and rip it out.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I wanted to score some Dawn Patrols, bummer to find them sold out on the BD site….wait and watch!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This could go in the shit that annoys you thread but fuck this trend from most manufacturers of decent touring pants of going Euro tight. I got squeezed out of most brands and models I used to like and it's not because I'm getting fat. Touring pants these days will squeeze my ass harder than an aggressive cougar at the bar, choke my meaty thighs, and barely fit over my boots (assuming I remembered to bring forceps and some form of lubrication to make it work). That shit only works for malnourished rando bros who need every bit of help to reach the vert quota. I give 0 fucks about that stuff and want comfortable gear that doesn't make me look like a giant condom on skis. Seems like that's only available in hardshell these days...

Edit: this is what I'm talking about right here:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit boy, if you think those pants are baggy you need a few sandwiches and a trip back to the early 90s to see what baggy really means.
    Preach it!

All you fat fucks can send your medium longs to me.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I have first gen OR Cirques, and they are amazing imo. Perfect weight of fabric, good weather resistance, and not too tight, but not so baggy they get in the way when cramponing. If the 2nd gen is just the same, but with new features, it's definitely worth the look.