Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Arcterxy could just copy the original and they would be the shit
    They did not. New fabric (GORE-TEX INFINIUM), no suspenders, new zip thigh vents. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    They did not. New fabric (GORE-TEX INFINIUM), no suspenders, new zip thigh vents. We'll see.
    I liked their very minimalist suspenders I even had a set of loops grafted onto my patagucci so i could swap the arcterxy suspenders over

as a short little AZN fucker (30" inseam) what I found with soft shell pants is that if the pockets have vertical opennings they take up too much room on the side of the piece that the vent zips need

also shit falls out of a vertical openning pocket so you want horizontal openning pockets like 1st version of the procline

also the piss zip that opens both ways on the patagucci didnt work very well cuz it didnt open far enough

either becuz I am a short AZN fucker

or cuz I am hung like a race horse
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I liked their very minimalist suspenders I even had a set of loops grafted onto my patagucci so i could swap the arcterxy suspenders over

as a short little AZN fucker (30" inseam) what I found with soft shell pants is that if the pockets have vertical opennings they take up too much room on the side of the piece that the vent zips need

also shit falls out of a vertical openning pocket so you want horizontal openning pockets like 1st version of the procline

also the piss zip that opens both ways on the patagucci didnt work very well cuz it didnt open far enough

either becuz I am a short AZN fucker

or cuz I am hung like a race horse
    I'm in that same club. I liked the suspenders, too, and talked the rep out of a few extra pairs which I use on my Sabre hardshell pants. The fly zipper on those is about 1.5 inches too short, gotta be extra careful during the shake off so as not to get the drip down the leg effect

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Hmm
    Lindahl that reminds me that you're a fan of the ferrosi jacket. As am i.
    Would you use their ferrosi pant for skiing?
    I have a pair of cirque 2s and the ferrosi pants (zip off for hiking). The ferrosi fabric as you may know is very breathable and dries fast but is not thick or warm at all. I'd maybe use them on the warmest days but would probably prefer the cirque 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Hmm
    Lindahl that reminds me that you're a fan of the ferrosi jacket. As am i.
    Would you use their ferrosi pant for skiing?
    What John said.. purely a warm spring/summer pant. Good for fall high aline stuff too before the snow flies.

I lke them both a lot.

The new fabric is thinner, stretchier, and has a softer hand than the old. No suspenders is not a positive in my book. Fit is slightly tighter through the thighs (not good for me), pocket placement more or less the same and there is a beacon clip in the right thigh pocket. Verdict still out.

Wish Arcteryx would offer more pants with the short inseam.

The new fabric is thinner, stretchier, and has a softer hand than the old. No suspenders is not a positive in my book. Fit is slightly tighter through the thighs (not good for me), pocket placement more or less the same and there is a beacon clip in the right thigh pocket. Verdict still out.
    I came to the proclines on a warranty claim from the Fury which was a thinner material & had 4 pockets but the crotch delamed

arcterxy gave me the full price credit on the Fury for which I didn't even pay full price, at the same time they also thru a new shoulder harness on my Bora 40 pack, needless to say I am a fanboi of the deadbird products

I do like the thicker material of the proclines cuz its cold up here and they pretty much nailed the design of the powder cuff
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Has anyone tried the Flylow Tannen? It's billed as a low softshell bib, although it also has a 20k/20k membrane.

https://flylowgear.com/products/tannen-bib

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Wish Arcteryx would offer more pants with the short inseam.

i just picked up a pair of Gamma LT in mens MS and they fit great with kneepads underneath. gonna use these for cold resort days under shell.

i do need a schoeller type pant replacement for my BD Dawn patrol pants though.

What don't you like about the Dawn Patrols?

Quote Originally Posted by gman321 View Post
    What don't you like about the Dawn Patrols?
    I like everything about them. Just pretty much worn out at this point. Leg zipper broke, had to replace a snap and I think the fly zipper is on the way out. No way they’ll last another season.