Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ^Boomers are gonna go 90+, fuck, I might die before my parents, please help our consumerist overlords...oh wait, some VZ Jetson goggles for less than $40, sold!

If you make coke readily available, you miss the two most interesting parts:
    Finding coke and awkward interactions with the people who have the coke

Soylent green is people.
    watch out for snakes

I would draw the line after marijuana, for freely available recreational use. Supervised maintenance clinics as an option for registered opiate addicts. Continued criminalization of black market MJ sales--similar to selling nontaxed alcohol and cigarettes. Continued, more serious criminalization of other black market drug sales. Decriminalization--citations and drug courts--for drug users without intent to sell. Hallucinogens are a complicated case--probably some kind of limited legal sale and use but I haven't given it a lot of thought. Actually, since my last trip I haven't given anything a lot of thought.

Personal use possession and cultivation of any unrefined drug or alcohol legalized. Personal use of refined drug decriminalized. All sale of any drug or alcohol regulated. Heavy penalty for unregulated sale. The black market destroys the kids of communities in my experience, even for something as benign as weed. Fuck those engaged in the profiteering of life's painkillers/enhancements, no matter their source or agent.

We need grown-ups in charge in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it's in fact a very real danger.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    We need grown-ups in charge in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it's in fact a very real danger.
    Know your dope fiend. You will not be able to see his eyes because of tea shades, but his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly jacking off when he can't find a rape victim.

All or nothing
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

I would just like to point out that kids been scoring & smoking pot AT school since it became the thing to do

It would take a couple days to put together a liquor run with the one guy who had been rocking the beard since puberty but you could walk out behind the gym or to the p-lot and score yerself a lid in about 15 min and from I hear the children say it hasn't changed one bit

So not only has MJ usebeen endemic for the last 50 + years, nothing much has happened and nobody has a clue
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Interesting. What’s your take on alcohol?

If(when) widespread decriminalization of mj becomes the new reality, all sentences where a person was jailed for offences involving, say less then 1pound of weed, should be expunged. Instead, throw the CEO, CFO, hell, ALL the senior managers of Big Pharma peddling their shit to the masses in the clink. Fucking war on drugs? Give me a break. They run the show.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we should let big pharmaceutical make billions of dollars while damaging the lives of millions and killing hundreds of thousands. they are the grown ups running this nation and they know what’s best for the bottom line. of course the prison industrial complex has come up with a fantastic solution for housing those that don’t obey the law enforcement industry.
    grown ups in charge in dc, sure.
    Beat me to it, damn

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

You mean the grown-ups who let Big Pharma and the distributors peddle enormous amounts of opiates with impunity, killing 10's of thousands every year?

Prescription opiate use whether iniitally appropriate or not is the most common gateway to opiate abuse. While MJ use does make prescription opiate abuse more likely, enforcing proper prescribing of opiates and cracking down on the diversion of opiates to pill mills will control progression to opiate abuse for both groups. In fact, liberal marijuana policies will mean that for most marijuana users the drug will be purchased in a legal setting rather than from a black market dealer who also deals in other drugs, making progression to harder drug use much less likely. With liberal MJ laws, avoiding overtaxation, the only black market dealers will be dealing to children--not a comfortable place for most dealers to be. By reducing the need to enforce MJ laws, liberal marijuana policies will also allow LE to focus on hard drugs. Finally, eliminating the profit of illegal MJ sales will deprive the cartels of a lot of the income they use to arm themselves and kill people.

Prohibition taught us that you can only enforce laws when most people support the laws. When the majority of people support MJ legalization while it remains illegal you create a situation in which those violating the laws are not considered by most citizens to be criminals--thus promoting disrespect for the law and cynicism. And by selectively enforcing MJ laws against blacks and Hispanics you foster the persistence of a permanent underclass, with social and economic costs that entails.

Besides, there's nothing against MJ in the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I would just like to point out that kids been scoring & smoking pot AT school since it became the thing to do

It would take a couple days to put together a liquor run with the one guy who had been rocking the beard since puberty but you could walk out behind the gym or to the p-lot and score yerself a lid in about 15 min and from I hear the children say it hasn't changed one bit

So not only has MJ usebeen endemic for the last 50 + years, nothing much has happened and nobody has a clue
    Its true. I've wondered this about weed in Washington and other legal states.

When I was in high school, getting alcholol was harder than weed for sure because the weed dealer went to school! Other drugs would be around and then not... but weed was always there.

Alcholol was more complicated.

I wonder if that's how weed is, although I have heard there is still a pretty strong black market. I don't smoke so I don't know.

That shit hasn't really changed at all in at least 40 years. Well now you can get fentanyl too.

Didn’t read the entire thread but what I’ve gathered from the answers is that they fall more in the field of “wouldn’t be great if”.

To actually answer the question is no, outside of herb I don’t see anything being legal. This may or may not be driven by the govt but will be driven by corporations and lobbyists. I like booze, used to like weed and even coke but have matured and fuck me if I’ll ever hire someone who may potentially be in anything and our privately held company’s certainly won’t allow it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    ...fuck me if I’ll ever hire someone who may potentially be in anything...
    I'm not sure what that means. You wouldn't hire anyone who was potentially into...what?

I love drugs, all drugs, and they love me. What's the question anyway?

Cannabis is the only one that really matters, since it props up the DEA.

Everything else, you take too much and it kills you.

I don't think you would see the same movement for the legalization of Cocaine or Heroin.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You mean the grown-ups who let Big Pharma and the distributors peddle enormous amounts of opiates with impunity, killing 10's of thousands every year?

Prescription opiate use whether iniitally appropriate or not is the most common gateway to opiate abuse. While MJ use does make prescription opiate abuse more likely, enforcing proper prescribing of opiates and cracking down on the diversion of opiates to pill mills will control progression to opiate abuse for both groups. In fact, liberal marijuana policies will mean that for most marijuana users the drug will be purchased in a legal setting rather than from a black market dealer who also deals in other drugs, making progression to harder drug use much less likely. With liberal MJ laws, avoiding overtaxation, the only black market dealers will be dealing to children--not a comfortable place for most dealers to be. By reducing the need to enforce MJ laws, liberal marijuana policies will also allow LE to focus on hard drugs. Finally, eliminating the profit of illegal MJ sales will deprive the cartels of a lot of the income they use to arm themselves and kill people.

Prohibition taught us that you can only enforce laws when most people support the laws. When the majority of people support MJ legalization while it remains illegal you create a situation in which those violating the laws are not considered by most citizens to be criminals--thus promoting disrespect for the law and cynicism. And by selectively enforcing MJ laws against blacks and Hispanics you foster the persistence of a permanent underclass, with social and economic costs that entails.

Besides, there's nothing against MJ in the bible.
    Colorado was one of the leading states that started the movement to suggest that marijuana is not dangerous. And we’re going to find it, in my opinion, ripple throughout the entire American citizenry; and we’re going to see more marijuana use, and it’s not going to be good. We’re going to see more other drug use, illegal drug use, also, which is damaging.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Danger to the American public is not the reason for prohibition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLT6AFsTm74&t=2250s
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Colorado was one of the leading states that started the movement to suggest that marijuana is not dangerous. And we’re going to find it, in my opinion, ripple throughout the entire American citizenry; and we’re going to see more marijuana use, and it’s not going to be good. We’re going to see more other drug use, illegal drug use, also, which is damaging.
    Opinion for sure.
    Shit been being smoked for eons, dude!
    I know plenty people that don't smoke, when the shit is sitting right next to them!
    And if you're going to go down the 'gateway drug' road, you better start with sugar, the real gateway drug!

You can't be ok with alcohol and not be ok with weed. That's called being a hypocrite.

spoons made me fat

they are therefore evil
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    and our privately held company’s certainly won’t allow it.
    tight labor market means lots of employers have stopped drug testing, except for positions (equipment operators & the like) that actually require it.

St. Jerry did a good troll with the sessions quote.