Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Why should something be illegal if there's a risk of death?

Should Backcountry skiing be illegal? If someone goes out solo on a high risk day should they go to jail?
    Good people don't back country ski.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Please be aware that a lot of people grew up without any exposure to pot. To be hypocrites, they would have to be aware of both in somewhat equal terms.
    Those would be some very sheltered people if they grew up in the last 50 years. See the posts about pot at highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    This is what I was thinking with regard to the feasibility part. Ketamine replaced PCP in the medical setting because of side effects and tolerance issues, for example. So a safer, better alternative exists.
    Besides, who ever heard of a PCP speedball?

My mistake responding to you. I forgot for a minute that you're a complete fucking idiot.
    Stoner mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    How much did you make in 2017?

Just curious.
    Not as much as you rich boy.

Used car salesman is a perfect profession for a pothead

A tried and true fallback. When you have an empty argument attack what someone does for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I think it might be you that needs to tell us about your experience...

Most of the alcoholics I've come across in the business are dry when they show up to work and are some of the best workers there are. The stoners are usually laborers who are young and lazy as fuck.
    Dry at work doesn't mean sober and unimpaired.

Me? Hmmm let me see. 30+ years handling explosives while getting up at 4 in the morning to ski around in the semi-dark and snow looking at areas that might avalanche? 97% or my partners drank or partook.

Worked on numerous ski lift projects including the Lone Peak tram. Operated a lot of different types of heavy equipment, dozers and excavators.

Oh and I don't smoke weed anymore, recognize it has its down sides and was only responding to SSs bullshit.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Come on. Bobby loves to brag about how much money he makes, so anytime he brings it up it's good to remind him that he sells used cars. He's really done something with his life to be proud of.

Our roofers made a massive stoner mistake. It started raining one of the days they were here, so they put up a few 2x6 boards that weren't T&G just to close up a section of roof, intending to replace them. Needless to say they forgot. Of course I saw them during sign off inspection. They had to redo an entire section of roof because of it.

That's a fucking stoner mistake.
    Writing a mistake off as a "stoner" mistake is laughable. You know for a fact they were high? So mistakes made by people who don't smoke are because why exactly?

I know many executive level people that smoke a lot of weed and run large companies. Are they stoned at work...no. They're not drunk at work either.

Come on. Bobby loves to brag about how much money he makes, so anytime he brings it up it's good to remind him that he sells used cars. He's really done something with his life to be proud of.
    So he is an asshole? I don't think there is any debate about that.

It still doesn't reinforce your opinion.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The roofers who shingled our house in Sacramento years ago (14 in 12 pitch) had fists fights up there. There was a short crew on Monday when one of them was in jail. I don't know if they were smoking pot.

Not as much as you rich boy.
    Keep that in mind, next time you talk about stoners losing money.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Bwaaahaaahaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    quoting someone without quotation marks and without attribution is worse than smoking MJ. Worse than heroin IMO. Even worse than grabbing someone by the pussy. You can quote me on that.
    Unwanted pussy grabbing? If so, then that's just fucked up old man.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Writing a mistake off as a "stoner" mistake is laughable. You know for a fact they were high? So mistakes made by people who don't smoke are because why exactly?

I know many executive level people that smoke a lot of weed and run large companies. Are they stoned at work...no. They're not drunk at work either.
    This. How do you know it was a stoner mistake? Lots of people make mistakes and don't use any drugs. Seems like Silver Surfer has created another lense to view the world through; all dumb errors are stoner mistakes.

I'm amazed someone could get good enough footing on a 14/12 pitch to get in a fist fight.

Inculcation:
    noun
    the act of inculcating, or teaching or influencing persistently and repeatedly so as to implant or instill an idea, theory, attitude, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The roofers who shingled our house in Sacramento years ago (14 in 12 pitch) had fists fights up there. There was a short crew on Monday when one of them was in jail. I don't know if they were smoking pot.
    I love that story. That belongs in the shit that impresses you thread.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Keep that in mind, next time you talk about stoners losing money.
    only users lose drugs.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Bwaaahaaahaaaa
    Is it funny that I make more money than you? Is little man going to be a escalator repair person too?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    no way would stoners get into fisticuffs on a 12in14 roof.
    14 in 12, except in the back where it's 20 in 12. It's steep. Fortunately, when I was building the dormers I had the old skip sheathing to use as a ladder. And I wasn't stoned.

t doesn't matter if the roofers were stoners, tweakers, or something else altogether, it is still impressive. I am in awe.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    This. How do you know it was a stoner mistake? Lots of people make mistakes and don't use any drugs. Seems like Silver Surfer has created another lense to view the world through; all dumb errors are stoner mistakes.
    Not at all. If you're a stoner you know what stoner mistakes are.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/...thology.87982/

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Seems like Silver Surfer has created another lense to view the world through; all dumb errors are stoner mistakes.
    IIRC, he had reported use rates of 1 oz/week which is nuts. Not exactly a lightweight. No wonder he has a warped perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I'm a life long fan of the weed, but never liked an opioid high.
    This is the norm, not the exception. A majority of people don't even enjoy the opioid high, and among those who do most have no interest in chronic use (this holds true across all classes of drugs, too). Personally, I enjoy the opioid high, but only occasionally and in small doses. 5 mg of hydro/oxycodone makes for a very enjoyable Friday night, and then I won't even think about it for 2-4 weeks. 10 mg just means a night of sleepless tweaker itching and a constipation the next day. Grosses me out just thinking about it.

Bottom line is that actual addiction rates for opioids really are quite low. The vast majority of opioid addicts already had a history of alcohol and illicit drug use before they started opioids, and most received them from friends, family or dealers, not doctors. For those who do become addicted, it is generally not because of the inherent addictive power of the drug:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...not-the-cause/
    If we want to reduce opioid addiction, we have to target the real risk factors for it: child trauma, mental illness and unemployment. Two thirds of people with opioid addictions have had at least one severely traumatic childhood experience, and the greater your exposure to different types of trauma, the higher the risk becomes. We need to help abused, neglected and otherwise traumatized children before they turn to drugs for self-medicatation when they hit their teens.

Further, at least half of people with opioid addictions also have a mental illness or personality disorder. The precursors to these problems are often evident in childhood, too. For example, children who are extremely impulsive are at high risk—but on the opposite end of the scale, so, too are children who are highly cautious and anxious. To reach these kids, we don’t need to label them, but we do need to provide tools that are tailored to their specific issues to prevent them from using drugs to manage those issues.

The final major risk factor for addiction is economic insecurity and poverty, particularly unemployment and the hopelessness, social marginalization and lack of structure that often accompany it. For example, heroin addiction rates among people who make less than $20,000 a year are 3.4 times higher than in people who make over $50,000. To those who study the effects of inequality on health, it is no coincidence that the collapse of the white middle class has been accompanied by a rise in all types of addictions, but especially addiction to opioids.
    The opioid epidemic says a lot more about the failure of American society to prevent child abuse and domestic violence, treat mental illness, and ensure a basic level of financial security than it says about opioids themselves.

As for other drugs, a sober review of the evidence shows that the dangers of methamphetamine are overhyped: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...d-20140218.pdf

While I can't provide data to support the idea, I find it unlikely that if all drugs were suddenly legalized people would start snorting cocaine, smoking PCP, etc. en masse. Most wouldn't even enjoy it, and generations of stigma don't disappear overnight. Measured use of psilocybin and MDMA could probably improve most people's lives. Bottom line, all drugs carry risks, but that is just as true of OTC drugs and numerous supplements (a virtually unregulated industry). The question is not whether any particular drug carries risks, the question is whether those risks outweigh the fiscal and social costs of prohibition. In nearly all cases, "hard" drugs included, prohibition is worse than the drugs. Also, this:

“You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

John Ehrlichman--Chief domestic advisor to Richard Nixon
    From here, a good read: https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

I think DBS is a firm believer in the correlation equals causation theory.

I manage the day to day operations of a comerical construction site with over 400 tradesmen/women. We drug test during hire, random, and at cause/accident. I have seen a few accidents where someone was drunk or using. No one should do any dangerous work or operate any vehicle or piece of equipment under any mind altering substance, weed included. But whether or not someone smokes or drinks after work is the least of my worries...

The catalyst to making weed legal is the testing. The current testing process shows positive if you used marijuana in the last 5-30 days. We need a test to know if you are stoned now, not if you were stoned sometime last week. Without that there is no way to enforce rules against driving/operating stoned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA