Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Oh it'll be busy this weekend. Just checked into hotels and Fernie, Golden, and Revy are all fully booked up.

Have you considered Radium? It'll be busy too, but there should be a few cheap hotels left. 1 hr drive to Golden, and even closer to Pano.

Quote Originally Posted by eshed View Post
    ^^so it would make sense for me to head to KH/rogers for the weekend? I'm in fernie and headed somewhere that direction. MC pass blah blah. Also truck living. In a cab over camper, so less covert than others. Also curious about parking zones. Stayalert, y'all touring? I'd be down to do some mellow exploring this weekend if y'all want to avoid the family weekend crowds at banff/LL. Or maybe crowds aren't actually that big of a worry?
    Doh! Just seeing this! Sorry! Been Chilling in banff for a few days - going to calgary for nhl game today then to kimberly tommorrow - never been there anybody around or have and intel? We are trying to avoid skiing resorts on weekends/holidays
    - nice hike up sulphur mtn. In banff -
    Bluebird today!

Quote Originally Posted by eshed View Post
    ^^so it would make sense for me to head to KH/rogers for the weekend? I'm in fernie and headed somewhere that direction. MC pass blah blah. Also truck living. In a cab over camper, so less covert than others. Also curious about parking zones. Stayalert, y'all touring? I'd be down to do some mellow exploring this weekend if y'all want to avoid the family weekend crowds at banff/LL. Or maybe crowds aren't actually that big of a worry?
    there is free RV parking at KH, seen some there all winter, first lot on the right
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

2nd that on the free and easy KH rv parking. also for $5/person Ramada in Golden lets you use their hot tub
    Rob "Stayalert" M
    Vermont

If you park in the back lot at Sunshine (Staff/overflow) you likely won't get hassled when van dwelling. There are plenty of cars that live there full time. Just be respectful of the area, and a little bit stealthy.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Posting here to keep informed.
    I am considering a looping road trip (fly into Spokane, rent SUV and ski a combination of Powder Alliance and Mountain Collective Resorts) the first week of April. How does this sound?

banff might be spring, might be winter. We gets LOTS of snow in march/april

most other BC resorts WILL be spring, might be closed (after easter?)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    banff might be spring, might be winter. We gets LOTS of snow in march/april

most other BC resorts WILL be spring, might be closed (after easter?)
    This sounds good to me. Powder or corn, my two favorite snow conditions in that order.

I'm doing the MC + Canadream trip in a couple weeks and my group wanted to get a hotspot for internet in the RV.

Are there any suggestions for pre-paid SIM options from Telus/Rogers/etc? I couldn't find any but maybe someone has some beta on that.

Telus gets the best service along the BC/AB border. They get service over Rogers pass.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I booked the trip I mentioned above for the first week of April. I'll be driving/skiing my way north (Schweitzer, Whitewater, SilverStar, Revelstoke) before I spend three days in Banff for the Big3 (Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, Mt. Norquay) April 5th-7th. I'm looking forward to exploring new areas. I have only skied one day at Sunshine Village many years ago. All of the others will be new to me.

nice, welcome back

Of course since my trip is all next week it is gonna be dry as a bone. Sorry guys...

I'm in the mountain time zone. Spending the night in Golden before heading up to Lake Louise tomorrow, then Banff for Sunshine Village and Norquay.

your timing looks good. Conditions are great, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I'm in the mountain time zone. Spending the night in Golden before heading up to Lake Louise tomorrow, then Banff for Sunshine Village and Norquay.
    Staying the night in Golden and not skiing Kicking Horse? (so many options, so little time)

Since this is a Banff thread, when in Banff make sure to check out Banff Avenue Brewing Co - they have some tasty beers.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Staying the night in Golden and not skiing Kicking Horse? (so many options, so little time)

Since this is a Banff thread, when in Banff make sure to check out Banff Avenue Brewing Co - they have some tasty beers.
    I skied Revelstoke yesterday and Golden is along the way. Kicking Horse is high on my to do list. It looked beautiful this morning. I’m milking my Powder Alliance (Schweitzer, Whitewater, and Silver Star) and Mountain Collective (Revelstoke, Lake Louise, Sunshine, Norquay) this trip. Next year when Kicking Horse in on the Epic Pass is when I’ll be there.
    Thanks for the beer recommendation.

vets: norquay might not be part of the MC pass? not sure. but you have 2 days at LL and 2 at SSV I think

if you are around sunday still, go to Chucks for the $40 local 3 course meal, its amazing

vets: norquay might not be part of the MC pass? not sure. but you have 2 days at LL and 2 at SSV I think

if you are around sunday still, go to Chucks for the $40 local 3 course meal, its amazing
    The info on Norquay is pretty deep in their FAQs.
    "Season: November 2017 – May 2018

General information about Ski Banff Sunshine Village:

The ski resorts included in the "Ski Big Three" destination include: Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, and Norquay.

The 2017/2018 Mountain Collective Pass gives passholders access to two days at Banff Sunshine Village and two days at Lake Louise Ski Resort. Additionally, passholders get one day at Norquay. After you use your included days, you will be eligible for purchasing 50% off lift tickets. The 50% off ticket that applies is the SkiBig3 (Tri-Mountain Area) lift ticket which includes a shuttle pass.

These tickets are non-transferable and can only be used by the individual whose name is on the Mountain Collective pass.

Banff and Lake Louise are within the National Park boundary, so you are required to pay a use fee for the duration of your stay. Anyone using their own or a rental vehicle should be prepared to pay this fee upon entering the park. National Park fees will be waived for all visitors in 2017 in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday."

I'll only be here two more days (Friday at Sunshine Village and Saturday at Norquay) so I'll miss out on dinner at Chuck's. I fly out of Spokane on Sunday.

Plan to do some laps in the Dive this Sunday if it's open. My understanding is no mandatory air on bre x if I don't go into the technical section underneath, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fernandocz View Post
    Plan to do some laps in the Dive this Sunday if it's open. My understanding is no mandatory air on bre x if I don't go into the technical section underneath, right?

correct if you are not sure, after the enterance, go left

Props to the OP for all the info. Based of your intel we made Whitebark our meetup spot each morning we were there last month. Had a good running commentary with the couple that was staffing the bar, who definitely gave us some grief for our deteriorating condition each day (which doesn't actually sound mean when delivered by a cute Aussie.) Plus they had whatever this thing is, stuffed with egg, bacon and cheese.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2787 (2).jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	936.8 KB 
ID:	232906  

I want to go back there soon... next season!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

correct if you are not sure, after the enterance, go left
    Got it thx

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First thanks again mntlion for this post. It was super helpful for a pair of Midwest based MTN collective passholes last year. We had a banger time but left a few bars in Banff unexplored... and it looks like we're going to go back in late Feb and just base out of Banff and stay there, instead of driving to Revy and hitting everything along the way (although I need a do-over at KH). That said... how easy is it to do the SSV/LL ski bus shuttle thing? Does it fill up? Is there slap boxing on a powder day? Can I ski-tow off the back?

Does it head a particular way down Banff Ave where, all things being equal, I'd could pick a hotel that's early on the route? I've always rented a SUV for ski trips but Altabird cured me of that, so would like to save cash and all the baby bears if I can. Thanks!