Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ford truck here checkin in
    Wow, Ford is way more ahead in the AI game than I thought.
    I still call it The Jake.

Just feels good driving a Ford. Seems tough. Like an American
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    it's all related.

If you've built a brand based on the lie that a flat engine makes a car handle better, then you can't engineer that engine into a size that can power the size of car US markets want without constant mechanical failures, who can you market that car to?

What demographic will ignore mechanical problems in favor of social branding? Liberals. So they contribute to the national parks, they put lesbians in their ads, they make ads about zero landfill factories, "partial zero emissions" whatever in the fuck that means...etc. And people keep buying them.

Don't freak out here people. I've had seven subarus, and I'm a total liberal....I'm not bagging on your subaru, or your politics. Just on the gullibility of my own kind and the collective frustration of that shitty 2.5.
    I don't know. I just passed 500 thousand kms on that shitty 2.5 litre. And I'm ghey as phuck

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wow, Ford is way more ahead in the AI game than I thought.
    I wonder how it types?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180106_1751085_rewind.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	805.1 KB 
ID:	220896

I feel like a badass American driving my new rig. Couldn't afford a Taurus SHO, but got this identical Lincoln for a couple grand less. It says Ford under the hood. I've got two pairs of skis in the trunk. 193 cm Automatic 117s are the biggest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    That badge is fucking stupid. What's part of 0? 0. It either produces emissions or it doesn't. PZEV might be less than a non PZEV but it still produces emissions so take the 0 out of it. /rant
    Ain't that the fucking truth! Every time I get behind a PZEV badge at a stop light it forces my mind down metaphysical paths that I'm not prepared to handle.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I have a 2014 F-150 2.7L EcoBoost

So far so good with it. The turbo has great torque which makes towing a heavy load pretty easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	220928
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

40 mpg.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Ain't that the fucking truth! Every time I get behind a PZEV badge at a stop light it forces my mind down metaphysical paths that I'm not prepared to handle.
    I like this PZEV thing. They get special parking spots up front at the grocery store that nobody uses. I have zero issues parking my truck in them.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Zero issues? Or partial zero?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Zero issues? Or partial zero?
    I'm guessing 0x1000000.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Speaking of feeling great about America, Ford is the next automaker to have allegedly gamed software to meet emissions requirements for its diesels.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...es-were-rigged

6.0 is a disaster out of the box that is for sure. Chevy sucks at making interiors and doors. Cheap plastic crap. most of the trucks I drive are the lowest trim but chevys always seem to have a knob broken and/or door that you have to shut just right.

pzev always reminds me of this
    Name:  45fbc6d3e05ebd93369ce542e8f2322d.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  58.5 KB

I had a friend in high school who had a mid-seventies mustang II hatchback. This isn't it, but it could be - complete with 5-slot dish mags (except it had dealer added two-tone gold/brown pinstripes).

His mom was the original owner, and it was still in pretty good shape. IIRC, she had mobility issues, and hadn't driven it in years.

It had a 302 that (sort of) came to life with an edelbrock manifold and carter 4 bbl even though the stock exhaust was restrictive. It could still spin the tires (or at least one of them). It had a factory 8-track, which severely limited our music choices, but through some patience, and the magic of pawn shops, we listened to Never Mind the Bollocks, The Ramones first album, The Specials first album, The Clash Give 'em Enough Rope, and a Ruts album that I can't remember the title of over and over and over again.

I was the youngest in that group of friends, and didn't have my license, but that didn't stop me from driving it. That car was our freedom. We would drive it to the beach or the foothills, smoke weed, listen to (the same) music, and plan the future. I'm 99% sure my friend lost his virginity in the back seat, and another friend drove it to the beach to lose his. I almost did, but the local constabulary had other plans.

Due to family stuff beyond my control, I changed high schools, and didn't see any of those guys until my friend knocked up his girlfriend, and did the honorable thing. His wedding was the next, and last time I saw him. I was weeks away from going off to college, and he was weeks away from being a dad. Last I heard, he was twisting wrenches in a small shop in some shithole town. A reminder of the randomness of life.

But it would be fkna if he still owned that car.

Way back dad bought a '78 E150 and we added paneling, rear benches with table that turned into a bunk and rear captain seats. Used it as a DD and road trip vehicle for years. Also served as day ski base camp at Kissing Bridge for him and his friends for years after I and my brother moved away.

I know there was a cherry or two and many beers popped in the back. Had my first crash in it when I was 16. No damage to the van. Embarrassing that the town justice was also my driver ed instructor.

He sold it and it eventually made its way to MN. Rumors are it's still going.

69 Bronco
    my cousin chris gallagher had one in truckee way back, thing was a beast, orange. anyone remember chris ? died in a tragic accident, iron worker, tough dude, a real nut, wife owns truckee locals hair salon, dora
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68bronco.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	221735  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Is there an "after" picture of that Bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is there an "after" picture of that Bronco?
    "after" it got sold ?
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

no after it got rehabbed, I'm sure it must have right?