Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Since I’m carrying the camera only one of the littlest, she’s 6.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Those pictures are rad. They will look good in the family album.

And the elder (8)

you are fulfilling your dad duties at all levels
    little rippers in ripper land
    kid stoke, for sure!

maybe your 8yo could show my 13yo how to keep his hands forward

^awesome stoke

Going mid Feb. GPOs or Protests?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Protests! I spent 8 days skiing Niseko, Kiroro, and Rusutsu earlier this month and the Protests killed it even when it wasn't nips deep. And when it was snorkel worthy, the Protests destroyed shit.

dig the kids DEEP shots.

Niseko bound in 7 days - hauling CHAM 127 & 107 HMs and the tech boots as well in case I can Dr Pow to hike. If any cheap CHAM 117's or the like pop up for sale in Tahoe by Tuesday I'll be taking those only.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    dig the kids DEEP shots.

Niseko bound in 7 days - hauling CHAM 127 & 107 HMs and the tech boots as well in case I can Dr Pow to hike. If any cheap CHAM 117's or the like pop up for sale in Tahoe by Tuesday I'll be taking those only.
    eBay $300 with clamps

Pffft, dragging the inside hand...

Seriously though that is a sick turn from a 6 year old. Watch out Papa, they are going to be chasing you down and spraying snow on you before long.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    eBay $300 with clamps
    Thanks much, looking for 190s, There are some great deals out there on the 180s, pair of 107HM in the plastic for $250 but too short
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Well, 5 days in a row, Best day was the last. GPO’s delivered. On a bluebird day ripped huge fast groomers and they left train tracks. Pivoted in the tight trees, skied fast and loose in the steeper more open trees. It was a little manky mid week on some aspects and they crushed it.

I may actually thin the quiver a bit after this.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Well, 5 days in a row, Best day was the last. GPO’s delivered. On a bluebird day ripped huge fast groomers and they left train tracks. Pivoted in the tight trees, skied fast and loose in the steeper more open trees. It was a little manky mid week on some aspects and they crushed it.

I may actually thin the quiver a bit after this.

I thinned post japan. Billy goats were too good.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I got into a habit of skiing my Steeple 102’s over my 191 BG’s most every day in Hakuba last year. Until I broke the 102’s in a slide. For how light the snow is, save your big wide guns for true PNW hot and sticky

Lost my good luck Alta hat today. It’s had a great run. Last pic of the kid clowning with it.....

Purchased in 1998, offered money for it multiple times on Main Street park city (no surprise there).

I hope it lands on the head of a local kid.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

First world problems. What Skis to take to Japan next week

First off. A big FKNA detrusor! You can see your groms chasin it in those pics. Sooo good
    Also gpo’s, protests and 102 steeples have been magic skis for me. I’ve been rotating a lot of skis and they’re the ones that have been in there own world.
    Gpo’s= best one ski quiver. Forever ski
    Protest=another world but I need a 182 for perfection
    Steeple 102- picked that up last spring and amazed on what it does in funk or deep for a 102 waist. Want to add a bg or 116 steeple now
    I would think protest would be the japow ski but I haven’t been(just commenting because lil rippers and current 3 fave skis mentioned)
    Also over 100 days on my gpo’s and they still feel like new. Nice gas pedal eh

Quick ski talk -
    Edit to add that I skied the Niseko United area and I realize there are rowdy ski lines elsewhere in Hokkiado, so I brought 184 CHAM HM 107, I dig those skis and prefer to be on ~ 105s unless it's deep & fresh so if you like to ski big guns all the time take this with a grain of salt. The morning runs were fresh almost all week, there was very little firm to scratchy snow, the HM 107 performed really well for me, the absolute speed is not that high as there's a lot of tree skiing, it's just not steep and for me there were not a lot of air options that i passed up so the lack of big landing pads and hi-din binders were not a concern. When the sun comes out you could do a couple 6 turn 1,500 foot runs on big guns but the same run on the smaller but capable skis were a grin fest as well and they handle the full-day/week far better.

Longer
    Just back from Niseko, skied mostly Hononzo with one day each at Rusutsu, Niseko & AnnP. Started with decent packed powder conditions in a calm storm (not dumping) on Sunday at Niseko, Monday at Annapuri & Tuesday at Rusutsu it snowed hard, then dumped Tuesday night and into Wednesday (50 cm mid mt @ Hono Tuesday night), cleared Thursday with 15cm of snow overnight and stayed clear through Saturday.

I got two touring runs off the Honzono side (Iwaonaouri) and they were my best two runs (there were a lot of great runs over the 7 days so it's saying something). My guess is that if you plan to tour and are limited to one pair of skis & boots then dukes or wardens on 105 - 115 skis would be the ticket. At least in the Anapuri, Niseko, GH & Hono area there's some great powder skiing available after the storm, you could do a one ride ticket at Anapuri or Honozono, hike the peak, ski down the back & stay out there all day and then ski back to the resort when you get tired of skiing powder (or hiking). You will likely have pure storm days where touring may not be an option if you either don't have a car or don't have a clue where to go. We were both and for the first 4 days could not see much which tends to lead me to very conservative decision making (and by extension terrain). So on those in-bounds days I'd prefer to be on dukes than dynafiddles and for me 2 pair of skis was not an option and some of my best ever lower angle powder turns were on the 107 HMs and I just could not see bringing only CHAM 127s. I wanted to tour if i could make it happen and I have some Salomon ghosts with tech blocks so boots were no worries and the dynafiddles were no problem on the forgiving terrain.
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 02-06-2018 at 03:33 PM.