Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Well its already creepy and annoying that this thread is being completely cunted up by all the vitriol from guys who came here not to talk about steel, but solely to spew hate at you. what did you do to them anyhow??

This thread had some promise as a "nice knife appreciation" thread, and it didnt even have to be about auto knives and tacticool stuff! I appreciate well made chef knives, and hey, I can appreciate a great butter knife for "crumptes" too (AKA english muffins)!
    Instead its completely devolved into a bunch of 12 year olds on the playground
    no, no

we are not talking kitchen knives or crumpet knives...
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

"crumptes" too (AKA english muffins)!
    It's crumpets.

And they are completely different from English muffins.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    no, no

Crumpet knife does work well on English Muffins though.

And vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's crumpets.

And they are completely different from English muffins.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Id destroy you. Keep smoking mids.
    i did 83mph in laramie bowl, son

i ski steeps faster than nearly everyone i seen

technical terrain is my bitch

shit fuck conditions is my baby

ice is my father
    Zone Controller

ice is my father
    Do you like denim?

no, no

Well we're not talking ANY knives any more thats what Im complaining about

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's crumpets. And they are completely different from English muffins.
    Fixed it. and not to thread drift any more, but what is the difference between crumpets and English muffins. They look pretty similar

Well we're not talking ANY knives any more thats what Im complaining about

Fixed it. and not to thread drift any more, but what is the difference between crumpets and English muffins. They look pretty similar
    crumpets are little biscuit cookies the limey eat

english muffins are just a brand thing
    Zone Controller

Only in size and shape.

Technically Crumpets are a cake (albeit savory), English muffins are a leavened bread.

Time to wrestle this thread off the thrunters, cunters, and rockets.

Back to knives.

My forefathers were army, this Pesh Kebaz or Choora, ivory handled fighting knife was brought back by one of them from the Hindu Kush / Afghan after the 2nd Afghan war (before the Russias and then the allies took them on more recently). I would like to ski there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2160.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	220310
    Gone fishing

Thread Title sez: finest steel
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Thread Title sez: finest steel
    slick site

http://fineststeel.ee/
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

Back to knives.

My forefathers were army, this Pesh Kebaz or Choora, ivory handled fighting knife was brought back by one of them from the Hindu Kush / Afghan after the 2nd Afghan war (before the Russias and then the allies took them on more recently). I would like to ski there.

Well you win. That's cool.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Microtech is for chumps. Only one currently made OTF I'd consider: Hawk deadlock. If you can't get a Hawk, or a Desert Knifeworks Sandshark an OTF just isn't worth it, unless all you want to do is flick it on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

Back to knives.

I don’t have a photo of it, but my ex-FIL had a knife he called “Johnny Turk’s knife.” His grandfather served in Mesopotamia in WWI and his main memory of his grandfather is him saying “Johnny Turk is a hard man.”

I hear Johnny Turk had a penchant for buggery.

Anyone who thought this would be a serious thread about knives is a moron. There's plenty of serious knife thread already, search.

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Microtech is for chumps. Only one currently made OTF I'd consider: Hawk deadlock. If you can't get a Hawk, or a Desert Knifeworks Sandshark an OTF just isn't worth it, unless all you want to do is flick it on the couch.
    Well where were you last week?
    I got a bench made otf coming too. You ever seen a translucent microtech scarab? The Chinese have and they shipping me one
    Zone Controller

Teh Chinese are outfitting me with the finest steel

Fuck a gun
    Zone Controller

I picked up a carbon fiber leek to replace my trusty old regular leek, which I lost on the death march descent back to the 2wd th on little bear this spring, and I'll be god damned if I don't like the old one better. Yes, the carbon is lighter. But the weight difference is virtually imperceptible and the carbon one is ever so slightly thicker because it wasn't able to be all bendy-like for the liner lock so they had to sleeve the inside of the handles with titanium (it better be titanium). Further, when I pop beer caps with the side of the knife it is starting to scratch the carbon fiber which gives me street cred but mars the elegant crosshatched pattern.

Pretty sure this whole thing makes me kind of dumb. What say you? Sell the cf leek and buy a fresh regular one pocketing enough $$ in the turnaround to buy a sixer. Or live with my (minor) fuck up and move on to more significant problems?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I picked up a carbon fiber leek to replace my trusty old regular leek, which I lost on the death march descent back to the 2wd th on little bear this spring, and I'll be god damned if I don't like the old one better. Yes, the carbon is lighter. But the weight difference is virtually imperceptible and the carbon one is ever so slightly thicker because it wasn't able to be all bendy-like for the liner lock so they had to sleeve the inside of the handles with titanium (it better be titanium). Further, when I pop beer caps with the side of the knife it is starting to scratch the carbon fiber which gives me street cred but mars the elegant crosshatched pattern.

Pretty sure this whole thing makes me kind of dumb. What say you? Sell the cf leek and buy a fresh regular one pocketing enough $$ in the turnaround to buy a sixer. Or live with my (minor) fuck up and move on to more significant problems?
    I only eat leeks with potatoes and cheddar in soup.

Then you, Sir, are a member of the proletariat and, therefore, not qualified to opine on this part of the discussion.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

My two favorites. these were my Grandpas. I have a couple cool SAKs and a cheap 3” tactical aluminum handle lock blade. The two in the pic are the sharpest fucking knives you’ve handled, he spent hours sharpening the fuck out of them. He was an avid hunter and made sure they were sharp. So while they might not be that fancy China stuff, they are effective.

The 119 would actually be serviceable as a camper backpacker. Nice weight to the blade. It’s a rattail but sturdy. The Case blade is a little thin for all around use but is lighter.

What about the hollow handle survival knife/survival kit? I know someone’s holding, how about a pic? How fucking cool are those? Track the nazis with the compass then set booby traps with the cool survival shit packed in the handle!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Anyone who thought this would be a serious thread about knives is a moron. There's plenty of serious knife thread already, search.
    Why do you have to be a dick? Actually, there are NOT plenty of "serious knife threads" ya fucking dick. YOU search since you clearly didnt

(Here's one, started to be a general knife thread, its one page and 9 responses. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=knives
    here's another asking about HUNTING knives thats two pages long
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=knives
    Best hunting/camping knives? 2 pages, last post 2012
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ighlight=knife
    longest one is about Cutco knives- 4 pages- and its from 2010)

Show me the serious knife thread since your so good at searching

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Those things look sick but I'm not sure I believe that they solved the problem of OTFs, namely that they lock up 100% solid and have zero blade play. They claim they did, but I'll believe it when I see it

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I only eat leeks with potatoes and cheddar in soup.

Skip to 4:14, fast and delicious leek, mushroom potato soup. He uses instant potatoes. I tried this last week and it was great. I also did the stuffed tenderloin he's doing but I fucked it up a bit, it was still pretty good.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Get a bottle opener.

Why do you have to be a dick? Actually, there are NOT plenty of "serious knife threads" ya fucking dick. YOU search since you clearly didnt

(Here's one, started to be a general knife thread, its one page and 9 responses. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=knives
    here's another asking about HUNTING knives thats two pages long
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=knives
    Best hunting/camping knives? 2 pages, last post 2012
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ighlight=knife
    longest one is about Cutco knives- 4 pages- and its from 2010)

Show me the serious knife thread since your so good at searching

Those things look sick but I'm not sure I believe that they solved the problem of OTFs, namely that they lock up 100% solid and have zero blade play. They claim they did, but I'll believe it when I see it
    Watch yourself boy or I'll cornhole you with my unicorn.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tgr+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    You're a retard and a dick, best watch yo self.