Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Best online retailer for Solly boots

I’m not going to venture into tech talk. I know what I want. And besides not only do I trust the degenerates in here more, this is a shopping question.

My beloved boots of 10 years just shattered in my hands. They were like wearing slippers. I’m heartbroken.

So what’s the good deal online ski boot shop anymore? Solly fits me like a glove off the rack so no bootfitter needed.

Merry new year. Fuck.
    I still call it The Jake.

Have you tried Google?

Also, look in Europe, prices are a lot lower.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes my phone has google. But this place is loaded with in the know assholes.

If not for your Europe suggestion I would have left you off that list.

Thanks.

Activejunky (8% cash back) -> backcountry (price matching and good return policy)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’m not going to venture into tech talk. I know what I want. And besides not only do I trust the degenerates in here more, this is a shopping question. .
    you know that you got the same degenerates here right ... except they aren't allowed to own tools
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Tim at SkiBootRx. He's a small local shop in Montana but has always given great prices for over the phone purchases. Not technically an on-line retailer, but he's my go to gear supplier.
    Maggot friendly.
    http://www.skibootrx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Activejunky (8% cash back) -> backcountry (price matching and good return policy)

Quote Originally Posted by hose-man View Post
    Tim at SkiBootRx. He's a small local shop in Montana but has always given great prices for over the phone purchases. Not technically an on-line retailer, but he's my go to gear supplier.
    Maggot friendly.
    http://www.skibootrx.com/
    Thanks fellas, looking now.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you know that you got the same degenerates here right ... except they aren't allowed to own tools
    I keep the sharp items away from the people in this sub-forum as general policy.

Anyone know if a 120 flex is really that much stiffer than a 100? I pound a lot of bumps and currently ski(ed) a 100 flex (that I had no idea until I actually looked at the boot graphics) and am wondering if a 120 will be too stiff for anything not a race course or a spine in Haines.

I ski 130's in-bounds and love it.

You can always make a stiff boot softer... And 100 flex boots from most brands seem to not come with high end liners. Its annoying.

any particulate model, flex or size you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Anyone know if a 120 flex is really that much stiffer than a 100? I pound a lot of bumps and currently ski(ed) a 100 flex (that I had no idea until I actually looked at the boot graphics) and am wondering if a 120 will be too stiff for anything not a race course or a spine in Haines.
    This is TGR, no one skis anything shorter than 193 or has a boot flex <130. It's like you're not even an aggressive former racer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    This is TGR, no one skis anything shorter than 193 or has a boot flex <130. It's like you're not even an aggressive former racer.
    And we all have <100 FIS points in slalom.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

#plugboots

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    And we all have <100 FIS points in slalom.
    #doyouevendolphinbro?

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Be aware that if you return an item, the activejunky discount disappears. BC does not do exchanges if you have a size wrong; they process as a return. So, if there’s a strong AJ discount the first purchase, be aware you may not get the same discount on the re-size purchase.

(altho if you wait long enough on the return, sometimes AJ misses the retracted discount)

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    You can always make a stiff boot softer... And 100 flex boots from most brands seem to not come with high end liners. Its annoying.
    That's what I'm wondering. I honestly had no idea about flex levels until I looked at my now shattered boots and it says 100 on the back. They were pretty damned flexy but I think that's just because they're older than the average poster here.

I hate a ton of bulk and the higher flex models seem to have less of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any particulate model, flex or size you are looking for?
    Salomon fit me like a glove off the rack (I chalk it up to addias having a hand in their liners/footbeds in some way - not sure if that's the case anymore but it works for me so, hey) so it's mostly just looking around to see what's on sale and in my general specs.

27.0, good feel for lots of short turns, good flex but not a rear-entry. All I ski anymore is moguls, in-bounds, and a small bit of park.

I found these two on Evo.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...-blue-side.jpg

https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...k-detail-1.jpg

Never done a 3 buckle. Is it too rear-entry? I see Flexon, er Full Tilt does it, and a few others, but I like a tighter fit and wonder if they'll work.

I know all this could be remedied by a trip to a great bootfitter, but I'm not in that location now, or in the next 3 or so weeks and I want to get some skiing in while traveling. So I turn to the internet. And you helpful people.

Aged-out former competitive mogul skier count? I wasn't aggro enough for the racing crowd.

#doyouevendolphinbro?
    #harbl

If you are going to the xmax - chances are you can go down a size from your old boots, due to fit. I dropped a size from my old sally's to the xmax. Fit is great and comfy too from the start.
    Find a Path That Captures Your Heart and Follow it to its End !!

10 year old Salomon boots may not fit the same as current or last year's boots. Lasts change.

Go window shopping at an REI or somewhere you won't feel bad about visiting, then buying online later...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    10 year old Salomon boots may not fit the same as current or last year's boots. Lasts change.

Go window shopping at an REI or somewhere you won't feel bad about visiting, then buying online later...
    agreed. Rossi's + Nordica's used be like that for me now Lange's are my slippers on skis

Here's a though try to find the same old boot and custom the liner or was it really the liner that gave you that cushy feel? This option should be a last resort IMO

Also I went from an 90 to a 120 and IME now they are better in the bumps and a huge improvement in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by M111S View Post
    If you are going to the xmax - chances are you can go down a size from your old boots, due to fit. I dropped a size from my old sally's to the xmax. Fit is great and comfy too from the start.

Noooo! I skied Salomon for 14 years. Probably had at least 10 pairs. I have always been a 26.5. Crossmax, teneighty, spk and others I'm forgetting. They have not changed much. No offence but you might have had a boot that was too big.
    I was an old bump humper and had a hard time ditching the brand. I'm on full tilt decendents , my second , pair and have been happy.

Quote Originally Posted by M111S View Post
    I thought about this as they say they're lower volume. I measured my feet and all the reviews say they're pretty true to size.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

This is good advice. If I can find myself by a shop in the next day or so where I can try without the poor tech looking at me like he needs to feed his family I'm doing it. I'm impatient though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    agreed. Rossi's + Nordica's used be like that for me now Lange's are my slippers on skis

Here's a though try to find the same old boot and custom the liner or was it really the liner that gave you that cushy feel? This option should be a last resort IMO

Also I went from an 90 to a 120 and IME now they are better in the bumps and a huge improvement in the trees.
    It was the boot, I think. They were so packed out and perfectly molded to my feet and legs though so who knows? I know the liner wasn't bulky at all.

The way the plastic shattered today made me think that they're done, and any of their litter-mates might be in the same shape.

Services will be held tomorrow at 4.

A wake with full bar and light appetizers to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Noooo! I skied Salomon for 14 years. Probably had at least 10 pairs. I have always been a 26.5. Crossmax, teneighty, spk and others I'm forgetting. They have not changed much. No offence but you might have had a boot that was too big.
    I was an old bump humper and had a hard time ditching the brand. I'm on full tilt decendents , my second , pair and have been happy.
    I thought about ditching my brand loyalty, but the last time I shopped around I was still surprised at how well Solly fit right out of the box. If it ain't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    have you tried EVO?
    Looking at those two above at EVO.

Well, that and a room full of drunk people.

Nice sale on either But it comes down to:

- 3 buckle vs 4: will I notice?
    - 10 more flex units. What’s a flex unit and how much will I notice coming from 10 year old 100 flex unit(s)? boots?

?
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 12-31-2017 at 10:27 PM.

You probably want to go up a couple Ogdens in flex.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is that softer or stiffer?
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Fuck, I hope that’s a good thing.