Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    subjected to sweat on the regular (then subsequent cleaning)
    The thought has literally never crossed my mind haha.

I tend to turtle pretty good when falling (tuck the chin, shrug the shoulders) and flop another bodypart into the way of impact to prevent my head hitting so ive never had an issue skiing or MTBing. Infact the only times my helmet gets used in the safety bar being pulled down on me, or the chairlift frame hitting me when sitting down. i hope that trend continues. That said, i wear a helmet 99% of the time- the only exception is warm sunny spring tours.

so I brought back this thread cuz of the CBC story on a skier death in the BC due to head trauma

I never used to wear a helmet in the BC in BC but after watching someone take a nothing fall and suddenly show eratic behaviour i changed my mind this person had a alot of concussions from riding horses early in life suddenly couldnt remember where to turn or how to ski, it took a long time in cold conditions to get out
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've been trying to stick to a 3-ish year replacement, depending on how much use it's seeing.
    Replace if it goes through a bigger impact **knocks on wood**
    Try on a ton to find the right fit, looking for mips particularly.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

grown up wearing one, and now never wouldnt, do recommend the smith range, look very sleek and come with MIPs, which I dont really know how good it is, but I'd rather have it than not!

Also - 99% of people are fine but Michael Schumacher suffered depsite wearing a helmet... reason GoPro, or so i remember. I know the chances are slim but I don't like the idea of gopros on your helmet.