Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Yeah, I've been feeling a little weird lately, and I think because I'm dehydrated. I have a humidity guage in my office because printers, and it's almost pinned to the bottom, and running the gas heat constantly doesn't help, either.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Racer7 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr.
    Good shot. I would say he has adequate weight on his downhill ski...

We already had races postponed due to temps here in Southern VT, and I am guessing more of the same for this weekend. I saw -24 for Saturday warming to -7 (in town), which means probably no higher than -12 on the hill. I am actually kind of hoping for more postponements.

Saw that it is supposed to go up to 10 (not negative) today and couldn't believe how warm that seemed!
    [quote][//quote]

Windham's Quad managed to break this weekend, thankfully it was the warmest day of the weekend (Saturday). Took them 2 hours to get people off. Thank god it wasn't any of the other days.

My friend was one of those knucklehead's at Burke training. He said he hasn't been that cold in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Windham's Quad managed to break this weekend, thankfully it was the warmest day of the weekend (Saturday). Took them 2 hours to get people off. Thank god it wasn't any of the other days.

My friend was one of those knucklehead's at Burke training. He said he hasn't been that cold in a long long time.
    BMA, UVM, or U of Montreal?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Why didn't you just rap?
    The rope was frozen stiff. We had to abandon in. We were heading for the trees lookers' right of the ravine when we found the rock and were able to get completely out of the wind. We had enough warm clothes, although I couldn't bend my knees because my pants were frozen. We had down booties. Feet into our packs. When I took my boots off my socks were frozen to the insoles. No frostbite. By the time we got back to the cabin in the morning I was stripped down to my t-shirt.

I like my skiing to be pleasurable. fuck testing thresholds
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The rope was frozen stiff. We had to abandon in. We were heading for the trees lookers' right of the ravine when we found the rock and were able to get completely out of the wind. We had enough warm clothes, although I couldn't bend my knees because my pants were frozen. We had down booties. Feet into our packs. When I took my boots off my socks were frozen to the insoles. No frostbite. By the time we got back to the cabin in the morning I was stripped down to my t-shirt.
    That sounds like hell. Little ole Mt Washington at 6k sure can beat the shit out of ya. That mtn always keeps me on my toes.

it was a good weekend to get things done around the house - i'll just put it that way.

All I know is it's been in the teens. Like, +15 FARENHIGHT or so, for a few days, here in the ATL Jezus h christ it's brutal. Burrrr .
    "Can't you see..."

You just have to dress for it...

Name:  Fur suits.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  57.6 KB
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Boxing day is the day after xmas when you put everything back in the boxes to be returned.
    rassling day is the day after new years
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    BMA, UVM, or U of Montreal?
    He was a BMA alum, Williams kid now.

All you precious East Coast snowflakes should spend a winter in MN and you'll know what cold is . Nubs used to joke that there were more people in MN in the winter than summer because even if you wanted to leave you couldn't get your car to start.
    When Andrew was about 2 yrs old we took him shoe skating at my sister's place on Lake Minnetonka. Nubs noticed he was walking funny so thinking his feet were cold we put him in the stroller, but then his legs were sticking straight in the air. Turned out his diaper was frozen and he couldn' t move his legs.

Nice tits, Mom.

I like cold vs. hot (by a lot), but this stretch of over a week at -20 to -35 has been brutal. Got above zero today, but the windchill was still brutal at -15, but felt as cold as -35. Fuck skiing in that. But the local hill has not closed, ski school on, bitches.

Remember going to Jackson back in the day at -40, but with inversion wasn't bad skiing.

Have skiied with the kids at -25. because ski school. yay. But picking up your kid several times on the downhill gets your blood flowing. Just need to keep the fingers and toes warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

For those of you that don't venture into the ECRC...

Saw this screen grab from the local Vermont TV station on Facebook today...

Attachment 220357

I'm wondering how cold it will actually get around here this weekend if it stays cloudy.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeaths mom View Post
    All you precious East Coast snowflakes should spend a winter in MN and you'll know what cold is . Nubs used to joke that there were more people in MN in the winter than summer because even if you wanted to leave you couldn't get your car to start.
    When Andrew was about 2 yrs old we took him shoe skating at my sister's place on Lake Minnetonka. Nubs noticed he was walking funny so thinking his feet were cold we put him in the stroller, but then his legs were sticking straight in the air. Turned out his diaper was frozen and he couldn' t move his legs.
    DD, your mom has some good stories

This is all Trump's fault for not believing in global warming!!!

Was gonna skin a quick lap at my home mountain today just to make sure all my gear works before JH, but the -10 on the thermometer and wind said I should wait until I have to go out to coach.

Maybe next weekend.

Was gonna skin a quick lap at my home mountain today just to make sure all my gear works before JH, but the -10 on the thermometer and wind said I should wait until I have to go out to coach.

Maybe next weekend.
    I find gear breaks more easily when it's bitter cold. So, if ya think something is ready to calf, ride it hard in the sub zero and it won't ruin your day when it's a nice day on the hill.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

-6 on the thermometer with a stiff wind the other day. 7 or 8 runs on a slow chair. Did not realize feet were froze until I went in and took them out of the boots-burning in the toes. All good no nip

Maybe next weekend.
    normally that would be a good move to get the blood thickened but it's pretty warm here now 30* out this am
    the skiing is still enjoyable though- not doing too much out of bounds etc yet but we're supposed to get more snow towards the end of next week and the following week so make sure to bring the snow with you pls
    anti-jinx
    skid luxury

windy and warm here , even mt washington is 24* blowing 79
    http://wx.iwindsurf.com/map#42.535,-71.487,4,1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.