Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foam Mattress?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Still stoked on the Caspar, the ones we have are now their mid-line product as they've introduced a higher-end one which I know nothing about but ours are nice.
    Have you found that you need to lower the thermostat due to running hot or is that a non factor with Casper products.

I don't know but my futon is still the best mattress I have so far but the foam technology seems worth a try.

don't spring mattress improve mattress gymnastics?

I bought a “Purple” and love it. Runs cool compared to the last one I had. Good firmness. I’m only two weeks in but love it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hire Benny's moving crew from a few years ago and keep your old mattress. That was a funny story.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    We got ours deeply discounted at some local weird warehouse place. It retailed for nearly 2k. I don't know the places deal but the prices are nutty. Like normal spring queens with box and frame for like $150 Sealy. Anywho....I'm happy enough. Happy wife, happy life.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    You scored. Paid probably $1200 for mine 6 years or so ago. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    I bought a “Purple” and love it. Runs cool compared to the last one I had. Good firmness. I’m only two weeks in but love it so far.

Intellibed made that bed design, didn't like it and sold it to purple. I'm not sure if it was because of the powder issue.
    https://purple.com/blog/asked-4-answ...SAAEgJ9avD_BwE

This is the current story-
    What is the powder?
    The non-toxic plastic powder coating we use is polyethylene, which is a food-contact-grade plastic considered to be safe (FDA, WHO/IARC, and Environment Canada have all declared it safe for use). This powder is chemically inactive, NOT a talc powder and completely harmless.

Here's the big drama...
    https://purple.com/blog/purple-wins-...ed-hmr-lawsuit

Ghost bed paid at least $150k to the reviewer to trash Purple. At the time purple was telling everybody the white powder was talc (which I think was the truth at the time, but then J&J lost that monster lawsuit that baby powder causes cancer.) Then Purple wouldn't tell you what the powder was when that story first broke, while I think Purple was out looking at a substitute powder which is now powdered polyethylene.

I don't think Purple was trying to be shady they just got burned using talcum (my guess).

Is powdered polyethylene okay for you... seems to be.

Would I sleep 8 hours a night breathing in powdered polyethlene? Not if I didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    Anyone bought a foam mattress? There's dozens of companies out there claiming their version is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'd like to get some real opinions from all you dentists.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Did you get one? If so which one?

Are they really all that different, can I read old mattress threads or does the technology change? We are going from a full to a queen more room for activities.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Did you get one? If so which one?

Are they really all that different, can I read old mattress threads or does the technology change? We are going from a full to a queen more room for activities.
    Head gasket on my pickup blew, so I put off the mattress for a little bit. I'll be looking seriously again in the next few weeks.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

We're with my husband also heat our heads about which mattress to take to our trip in FL, and decided to spot on Tulo Firm Foam Mattress with memory foam on the top level and with a pretty high thickness. Learn more about mattress here https://wisepick.org/best-mattress-under-1000/

Quote Originally Posted by Iceinmyeyes View Post
    We're with my husband also heat our heads about which mattress to take to our trip in FL, and decided to spot on Tulo Firm Foam Mattress with memory foam on the top level and with a pretty high thickness. Learn more about mattress here https://wisepick.org/best-mattress-under-1000/
    Dafuck???

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Dafuck???
    Some kinda weird bot for sure. Look at its other posts. Trying to be believable for some unknown future purpose but not quite pulling it off.

Said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - the Novaform Serafina Pearl from Costco is the greatest deal ever. $600 for the queen size and it's the best mattress I've ever slept on. We've had it for three years or so, and I still absolutely love laying down on it every night. Back problems seem to have gotten better too (though that may also be due to other factors). Plus it's from Costco so you have their open-ended return policy if you don't like it.

https://www.costco.com/Novaform-14%2...100153891.html
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Some kinda weird bot for sure. Look at its other posts. Trying to be believable for some unknown future purpose but not quite pulling it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - the Novaform Serafina Pearl from Costco is the greatest deal ever. $600 for the queen size and it's the best mattress I've ever slept on.
    This spamming is a frigging epidemic..

That said. Slept on a futon for 10 years, then on a expensive Tempur for another five and thanks to accidents/incidents...suddenly couldn't.
    Went on a camping trip where was "forced" to sleep upon a 15cm foam mattress for few nights...and voilá. Slept like a baby.
    Ended up buying a 40€ foam one and fuck, what a difference. Had to convince the significant other for a while but after the first night, I had a convert.

And it is such a weird think when looking back. Until the last years I was sleeping 50-100 nights a year on for example Exped down pad..
    No back problems or anything, and when coming back to civilisation I just could not sleep on those comfy, super soft hotel mattresses. I rather slept on the floor to the nuisance of the cleaning personnel. Fuck soft mattresses, fuck king sized beds.
    Go lean.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    Said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - the Novaform Serafina Pearl from Costco is the greatest deal ever. $600 for the queen size and it's the best mattress I've ever slept on. We've had it for three years or so, and I still absolutely love laying down on it every night. Back problems seem to have gotten better too (though that may also be due to other factors). Plus it's from Costco so you have their open-ended return policy if you don't like it.

https://www.costco.com/Novaform-14%2...100153891.html
    This is what we have (except a king) and we absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    This spamming is a frigging epidemic..
    I don't think you know what "spam" is. If someone posts a thread asking for advice on buying a mattress, and you respond by describing your experience with buying a mattress... that's not spam.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Iceinmyeyes View Post
    I think its a person trying to drive traffic to a pay for advertising/good rating site.
    The review site has some good metrics;
    Type: memory foam
    Thickness: 10 inches -------nice
    Number of layers: 4 --------nice
    Firmness: adjustable – firm; medium plush----- I didn't see how thats possible
    Certification: CertiPUR-US
    Warranty: lifetime ------wtf does it really say this is more of a paragraph or essay response.
    Extra features: 120-night trial; --- I would like to see the whole thing here too.
    copper infused------ I don't think copper does cooling, if so there are way better ways to do it. how much copper is in it?

Missing weight and build materials(memory foam type is listed but whats is weigh; 1#, 2# 2.5#?) would seem to be massive over sights.
    The lack of calling out the core type in the bullets is lame.
    A cross section would be nice too.

You're colder than my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by m8b58c View Post
    I spent a lot of time perusing this sub to get the best advice on a mattress.

I'm pretty sure they'd tell you to check out a mattress store, try some mattresses and pick the one you like the most that fits your budget. Side sleepers generally need something a little softer.

Try to find one of the options here.

Personally I bought a Simmons Beauty rest black. Bed in a box seems to be hit or miss from the people I know that have bought them.

You posted 6 times in 6 minutes in the history of your TGR postings to put spam in a 6 month old thread?

Why is mattress crap confusing? Because you buy something you can't really see, based on helpful reviews from fake people pushing you to fake review sites that don't even tell you what the fuck is in it.

" 1.Utopia Bedding Quilted Fitted Mattress Pad- Mattress Toppers Queen

A fantastic quilted mattress pad cover currently among the best in the market that lets you enjoy a peaceful sleep with causing any form of discomfort. This queen size pad can be easily placed on many mattresses available in the market and gain maximum results in shorter time. The product offers great comfort that you can experience instantly with its pressure relief capability that will make your body feel relaxed. The product is made of high-quality material (REALLY WHAT?) that is resistant to stains, dust mite, and other allergens. This simple design with an easy to maintenance mattress can be cleaned instantly and thanks to its high density and quality materials.(AGAIN WHAT THE HELL IS IN IT?)"

PS I have another new mattress coming in Thursday, I need to start going to meetings or something.