Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Don't take this personally but the complaining about a new high speed chair at your local ski mountain makes you guys sound like cunts.
    Nobody cares that you cunt at Alta.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Don't take this personally but the complaining about a new high speed chair at your local ski mountain makes you guys sound like cunts.
    I'd personally prefer Alta be a few lifts just like wildcat. Fixed grip and slow as balls.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Wait a minute, what does taking Cecret out, a 400 yard lift that served only beginner terrain have to do with inexperienced skiers going up Supreme? It’s the holidays, there are tourists everywhere. Alta had 6700 skiers on Friday, the most in 15 years and they can’t spread out due to conditions. I don’t think it has anything to do with the new lift.
    Everything. You're confusing holiday crowds concentrating in a few places cause of low snow with the ability to get someplace that was previously harder to get to, and that the least experienced skiers wouldn't seek to get to. Cecret, as a fine and normally uncrowded beginner's option, is now GONE. This changes the mix on the new lift, and not in a way that's better for the least experienced. This is already very clear just looking around at the top of Nupreme. It will be less crowded up there after the holidays but the issue will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'd personally prefer Alta be a few lifts just like wildcat. Fixed grip and slow as balls.

That would definitely keep a lot of us supporting snowbird.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

You mean it makes them sound like dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    You mean it makes them sound like dicks.
    The sound of one dick waving.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by raueda1 View Post
    Everything. You're confusing holiday crowds concentrating in a few places cause of low snow with the ability to get someplace that was previously harder to get to, and that the least experienced skiers wouldn't seek to get to. Cecret, as a fine and normally uncrowded beginner's option, is now GONE. This changes the mix on the new lift, and not in a way that's better for the least experienced. This is already very clear just looking around at the top of Nupreme. It will be less crowded up there after the holidays but the issue will be the same.

Still disagree. 95% of beginners ride Sunnyside, Cecret was all but empty most of the time. I can't see the logic of someone not being able to ride Cecret so hop on Supreme. One look at the path that lift takes would scare the bejesus out of all but the craziest beginners. While there is an easy way down it is not visible from the bottom. If what you are saying is right then in the past why did Cecret riders not just stop at Supreme as they skied past it? It makes no sense that someone that is so intimidated by Sunnyside that they ski Cecret would then decide to ski Supreme.

Still disagree. 95% of beginners ride Sunnyside, Cecret was all but empty most of the time. I can't see the logic of someone not being able to ride Cecret so hop on Supreme. One look at the path that lift takes would scare the bejesus out of all but the craziest beginners. While there is an easy way down it is not visible from the bottom. If what you are saying is right then in the past why did Cecret riders not just stop at Supreme as they skied past it? It makes no sense that someone that is so intimidated by Sunnyside that they ski Cecret would then decide to ski Supreme.
    Can't see top of supreme from alfs I don't think. They see greens or blues on a map off that lift and Bam they get on it.

I think the argument about them passing old supreme off cecret and not getting on doesn't work as they already have their beginner run off that lift planned and aren't getting on supreme.

Only time will tell though, might just be the holidays, might just be people pushing their skill levels (this happens over holidays). Who knows.

Well whatever happens we will live with. Don't think the FS will allow a new Cecret lift to be installed.

Well whatever happens we will live with. Don't think the FS will allow a new Cecret lift to be installed.
    Naaa and I'd never want that. Only change new one made is more people on the hill faster is all. I didn't have any issue with the old setup. #progess

Don't take this personally, but calling for surface lifts to replace those high speed quads while you call people cunts. Kinda dickish...

"Another reason to bring back the surface lifts."

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    cunts
    Ok. He should try for accuracy though. He's complaining about guys on the internet complaining. Dick seems way more accurate. Ok, I'll quite dicking up the thread now.

Supreme closed Wednesday & Thursday for "terrain maintenance". I see Alta is blowing snow, I don't remember them ever blowing snow after Christmas

Supreme closed Wednesday & Thursday for "terrain maintenance". I see Alta is blowing snow, I don't remember them ever blowing snow after Christmas
    holiday crowds beat it to hell I imagine. Dont think they are blowing on supreme though lol.....the season that winter forgot.

Utah isn't the old reliable that it used to be. Things are changing.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Utah isn't the old reliable that it used to be. Things are changing.
    Over the holidays we looked at a bunch of my wife's old family photos from the 80's. Every winter photo from their house in Holladay had feet of snow on the ground. Even just the change in the last 5-10 years has been quite noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Over the holidays we looked at a bunch of my wife's old family photos from the 80's. Every winter photo from their house in Holladay had feet of snow on the ground. Even just the change in the last 5-10 years has been quite noticeable.
    i tend to agree with this...ive been here 11 years now, and it has changed significantly in that time. sucks.

guess ill just go back to golfing.

damn as a former alta snowmaker, I don't think they have ever blown snow after christmas. They have already laid off their whole snowmaking crew minus the few guys that are full time employees on the team. not surprised though....

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    damn as a former alta snowmaker, I don't think they have ever blown snow after christmas. They have already laid off their whole snowmaking crew minus the few guys that are full time employees on the team. not surprised though....
    Portable guns already down the canyon in the warehouse. Using the permantely mounted fans and picks, just click on an icon and away they go.