Best boot doctor in town of Breck?

Asking for a friend who will be there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shouldn't you know all the locals' recommendations?

I used Precision in Frisco, don't know Breck.

Ditto on Precision.

Chuck at racers edge. Jeff B. at boot fixation.

Noob SKi Boot Question...

South Carolina East Coaster here... like to ski one or twice a season if able. Never bought my own boots but thinking about it. Where should I start? I dont have anything local but there is a place about hour from me. Do I need to have them professional Fitted? Can I buy some closeouts from someplace like REI-Coop? What is appropriate price range for a intermediate skiier? I am not going back country heli skiing but I am looking to improve my skills on the more advanced stuff. Im heading to Breckenridge in Feb but worried ski boot pricing may be crazy? not sure never priced out boots in a resort town.
    Lay it on me... you cant hurt my feelings.....

Quote Originally Posted by FsChris View Post
    There is not one single reason in the entire world why you should purchase ski boots. Not one.

Blow your fetish on a useful pair of somethings.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    There is not one single reason in the entire world why you should purchase ski boots. Not one.

Blow your fetish on a useful pair of somethings.
    Seriously useless for someone who admittedly only skis “once or twice a year”

slumming it in breck this year benny?

did you finally realize this is where all the rad people hang?

are we going to go out for happy hour when you are here, let me know your schedule

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Seriously useless for someone who admittedly only skis “once or twice a year”
    With that being said.... I was not going to plan to buy anything other gear. Just figured that having my own boots would be more comfortable and last a while as well. Not like the running shoes I replace every 3 months. I am looking to understand if boots need to be fitted or can be purchased online? I cant even start my own threads here....

If you're having problems with your rental boots (feet are always cold, hurting, etc), then I think it's a great idea to buy a pair of ski boots. They'll last a long time if you're only using them once or twice a year, and you can fit them in a carry on for your trips. My dad does this (also coming from S. Carolina) after always having issues with the rental boots and it's been great for him.

That being said, if you haven't had any issues with rental boots, then you're probably fine to keep renting.

You could go to any reputable shop, try some stuff on and get a feel for price to make the decision. I wouldn't buy online in your situation, you really need someone who knows what their doing to fit you.

Good luck and Go Tigers.

South Carolina East Coaster here... like to ski one or twice a season if able. Never bought my own boots but thinking about it. Where should I start? I dont have anything local but there is a place about hour from me. Do I need to have them professional Fitted? Can I buy some closeouts from someplace like REI-Coop? What is appropriate price range for a intermediate skiier? I am not going back country heli skiing but I am looking to improve my skills on the more advanced stuff. Im heading to Breckenridge in Feb but worried ski boot pricing may be crazy? not sure never priced out boots in a resort town.
    There is a great bootfitter in Columbia, SC, believe it or not. Mike at Southern Ski. He can even do Vacuum fitting. Not sure what part of sc you’re in but my wife and I have been to him. If you buy online you’ll probably buy too big or not right fit if you don’t work hard to figure out your actual size and how different brands fit/match up to your foot so you might just want to go see him first and see if anything he has works for you. He may have some previous year models in your size. Give him a call, 803-556-4949.

And spend your money how you want to. Great fitting ski boots make skiing a lot more fun and can last a really long time if you just ski a few days a year. You’re probably spending a ton to get out West for good skiing, why have it ruined by poor fitting rentals hurting your feet? Throw in some days at Sugar Mountain and you’re really getting your money’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

PM Rontele. He'll hook you up with a boot and fitting. Usually it takes 3 or 4 PM's for him to get back to you. In case he doesn't your best bet is going to a boot fitter and seeing what works for you. Could probably find a pair decently priced that work for you.

Georgiasnow // Awesome... That is where I was going to go to call and visit. I used to live in Columbia and Im in Charleston now. Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe he does have some previous years model available.... I have not had a horrible experience but when I pay to go out west I spend the entire day on mountain and only stop for nature calls. My daughter will be 6 next year and I plan to get her into skiing so hopefully that will get us out there at least 2x per year. Maybe bring her over to Sugar for a first time. I just would like to go when they have real snow. I went skiing when I was young up in NY and it was just a big Ice Mountain.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Shouldn't you know all the locals' recommendations?
    Be reasonable. He can't be expected to remember the details for all the places he's a local at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Georgiasnow // Awesome... That is where I was going to go to call and visit. I used to live in Columbia and Im in Charleston now. Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe he does have some previous years model available.... I have not had a horrible experience but when I pay to go out west I spend the entire day on mountain and only stop for nature calls. My daughter will be 6 next year and I plan to get her into skiing so hopefully that will get us out there at least 2x per year. Maybe bring her over to Sugar for a first time. I just would like to go when they have real snow. I went skiing when I was young up in NY and it was just a big Ice Mountain.

Chris
    Waiting for real snow at Sugar might be asking too much . If you can catch it when they’ve been able to make snow for several days in a row without a heavy melt/freeze cycle it’s not too bad and bonus is she’ll learn to get good edge holds! Or just go end of season when it’s straight slush but 60 degrees and no one is there. We have 3 little guys. 5 and 3yr old skiing now and it’s a blast. Some of the smaller NC hills will be cheaper and less crowded, therefore better for first time learners IMO than Sugar, though it is definitely the best overall. We have been to this tiny hill called sapphire valley in the past where it’s been like we were the only ones there and that was great for teaching the kids. Good luck with boot search and hope your daughter loves skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by polenta View Post
    Chuck at racers edge.
    this.
    Old's Cool.

Two things you have to own and not rent in sports. Boots and a bowling ball.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Which ball Doctor do you go to in Breck Bun?

Asking for a friend .
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Man, you're on fire today. You should take that act on the road. All the way back to Dickens land. So funny.