Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Have your lady punch you in the back
    If you immediately ejaculate, your ribs aren’t cracked
    is this some bsdm thing? kinky!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Haven't heard of that one before. It does seem to be a popular topic on alternative medicine web cites, running sites, weight lifting sites, not so much on medical sites.

The symptoms you are describing are entirely consistent with broken ribs.

The diaphragm can rupture--the mechanism is almost alway severe blunt trauma to the abdomen, or getting stabbed or shot. The symptoms are--your internal abdominal organs are in your chest. Pain from the diaphragm is felt in the shoulder, not the chest. The nerves from the diaphragm joint the nerves from the shoulder area, among others, before entering the spinal cord, and since injuries to the shoulder are much more common than injuries to the diaphragm the brain assumes any pain impulses coming from that nerve root are from the shoulder.

Most importantly, you did not harm yourself by running. You made it hurt more--which is expected but the running did not worsen the injury or delay healing.
    I keep forgetting to check this thread. I should have added that he wasn't ruling out a broken rib, he thought I probably cracked a rib and pulled and strained the diaphram and the muscles in the area. When he did a physical exam and he was feeling under the ribs in the right front side it was definitely painful in the muscle and I was super tense there. Way less pain when he pressed on the rib than that spot up under the rib. He did some massage there and had me do self massage on that muscle and it decreased the symptoms quite a bit. Could have just been that I just turned the corner, but I felt better after he did that first treatment then seemed to accelerate improvement.

6 weeks out and syptoms are almost all gone. Skied at 90% last weekend. Been going to the gym and have been able to do almost any exercise, just not with as much weight.

The running certainly felt like it made it worse. I had sneezed a few times prior to running and the pain was a 3, after running it was a 7. The worst pain was definitely the two weeks after running.

I still fear a sneeze though and have to remind myself that it isn't going to hurt.

I cracked a rib, and it fucking sucks.

Carrying in a load of firewood last week I tripped and fell straight back into the wood pile. Bruised from ass to armpit and sure enough xray showes a fracture on the second rib up from the bottom.. in the back.

Fucker makes all aspects of life painful.. especially the standing, sitting, lying down and moving parts.

Add on top of that I have a little chest cold and feel like I need a really good hack to clear out the lungs, but I can't because even a little throat clearing feels like I'm getting stabbed. So now I'm all stressed about the pneumonia and shit.

If I'm lucky I can ski by March.

Fuck.

Just hung up with the nurse. XRays confirmed broken L9 rib. Pain was serious two nights ago and all of yesterday. Aleve and ice have managed it ok. Actually better than ok compared to the spasms which were abysmal. Couldn't get into the car to go to the ER last night. Tried for 20 minutes and then quit. Considered calling for an ambulance.
    Doc has me on 800 mg of ibuprofen 3x/day and Zantac to help with stomach issues. The nurse made it clear I could drink beer for the game on Sunday.
    24 hours hours ago I thought I would need to move out of the house into a one room apartment as the screams/moaning/shouting from the spasms was scaring the kids. Today I walked a mile to the hospital and another back. Think I can make it. Humbling. I thank the good Lord I have shelter. Don't understand how the homeless can deal with trauma.

No opiods?

Dude, you need like a 90 day supply of Oxy 80’s with unlimited refills. American way.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    No opiods?

Dude, you need like a 90 day supply of Oxy 80’s with unlimited refills. American way.
    Ha! Just picked up a bottle of Advil. At my age, icy would put me on the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    No opiods?

Dibs.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Ha! Just picked up a bottle of Advil. At my age, icy would put me on the moon.

Add some tylenol to that. More effective pain medicine than most folks realize, and it lets you take less of the ibuprofen, so less stomach problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I cracked a rib, and it fucking sucks.

Carrying in a load of firewood last week I tripped and fell straight back into the wood pile. Bruised from ass to armpit and sure enough xray showes a fracture on the second rib up from the bottom.. in the back.

Fucker makes all aspects of life painful.. especially the standing, sitting, lying down and moving parts.

Add on top of that I have a little chest cold and feel like I need a really good hack to clear out the lungs, but I can't because even a little throat clearing feels like I'm getting stabbed. So now I'm all stressed about the pneumonia and shit.

If I'm lucky I can ski by March.

Fuck.
    I got walking pneumonia the last time I cracked ribs. It’s no joke. I wonder if there’s something you can do to help prevent it. I guess just try to breathe as deep as you can tolerate. I was probably being too much of a pussy. I feel bad for you guys it really sucks.

Good luck with the ribs, all. I've messed mine up several times. Funny thing about ribs is the pain doesn't always watch the severity of the injury. I've had minor I juries that hurt like hell for a couple weeks and made it impossible to sleep then went away almost overnight. I've also had more significant injuries that took months to heal, but didnt bother me much at the outset.

Worst I had was from helping train a women who was trying to qualify to wrestle in the Olympics. She was drilling her gut wrench on me. On rep 100 or so, I heard and felt POP POP POP POP. "That's how you do a gut wrench" I said, and went straight the the hospital.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I got walking pneumonia the last time I cracked ribs. It’s no joke. I wonder if there’s something you can do to help prevent it. I guess just try to breathe as deep as you can tolerate. I was probably being too much of a pussy. I feel bad for you guys it really sucks.
    Take enough pain meds--opiates if necessary-- that you can take a couple of deep breathes and make a GOOD cough every hour. Hold a pillow firmly over the broken ribs when you cough. If you can't do these things you might need a rib block or even hospitalization.

Fack. Back in the club again.

Please don’t make me cough or laugh
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Please don’t make me cough or laugh
    Friggin diaphragms

John John!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fack. Back in the club again.
    ^ same. chasing the 9 yr old around the bird last sat and pulled the 360-mute-grab-eat-shit-fail. sneezed last night and almost passed out.

Vibes to the newly injured. I forgot how all this went down. That shit was miserable!

Fook me, took a fall off a ladder from about 8'. Missed the tuck and roll. Bruised ribs for sure.

Painy pain ouch fook.

The cats are happy I am chilling with them.

OTC meds with a side of beer and hootch.
    watch out for snakes

Been dosing the affected area with DMSO and alternating with Naproxen Sodium at night and extra strength Tylenol during the day. Meds make it manageable. Seems to get a bit better each day. Finally took a shower this morning.

This getting old shit sucks. Oh well. Hope everyone else with this is getting along ok.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Been dosing the affected area with DMSO and alternating with Naproxen Sodium at night and extra strength Tylenol during the day. Meds make it manageable. Seems to get a bit better each day. Finally took a shower this morning.

This getting old shit sucks. Oh well. Hope everyone else with this is getting along ok.
    Sustained release tylenol that lasts 8 hours instead of 4 is nice--often marketed as arthritis relief.

Week one, much better but still pain. Was able to mow grass yesterday with riding mower.

Daily DMSO seems to be helping along with a wrap. Trying hard not to over do it.
    watch out for snakes

One month and it still hurts, still using pain meds to manage just not as much.

Gonna suck it up and wrap up for some easy rides on the bike fest this weekend.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    One month and it still hurts, still using pain meds to manage just not as much.

Gonna suck it up and wrap up for some easy rides on the bike fest this weekend.
    Ya, you won't be able to roll over in bed or sleep on that side until all of a sudden you can. Until then it's usless to try. Only time and avoiding reinjry can heal ribs. I did ski with them wrapped last time I wrecked myself but nothing that would require a lot of effort.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Is there an easier way to deal with alpha channels?

Specifically this is regarding textures for game development in unity. So having an alpha channel that is editable separate from the RGB channels is important to keep my workflow & iteration moving quickly.
    As example, we'll say the image has 6 layers in two layer groups.
    I have a grayscale image of what I currently want my alpha to be but I need it applied to the entire image, not an individual layer.
    I can't apply it as a mask to a layer group.
    I could apply the same mask to every layer but that's a hell of a lot of work every time I need to make a change to the alpha.
    Basically the only way I know of to apply the alpha without effecting, or being effected by the RGB is to export, open the exported file, decompose it, copy and past the alpha in, then recompose.
    Is there not some way to work with the alpha within the one xcf?

Did I crack ribs and does it matter if I did?

Bump.

Oops I did it again. Fucking righteous pain from the right side of my back one or two up. The urgent care didn’t want to give me pills without an X-ray and they didn’t have the X-ray device on hand. Recommended either a wrap and OTC or go to the ER. The fuck? Shouldn’t there be a not-E R that has and X-ray? I don’t even want a fucking chest X-ray I want the fucking pills for a couple days. Fuck.

Then the fucking Safeway has a 1.7 yard ace bandage. Oh awesome. I could wrap that around my fat ass maybe once.

I about passed out from one sneeze. Going with the Tylenol naproxen weed and booze cocktail. Damn. Thanks for letting me crybaby for a bit.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Bump.

Oops I did it again. Fucking righteous pain from the right side of my back one or two up. The urgent care didn’t want to give me pills without an X-ray and they didn’t have the X-ray device on hand. Recommended either a wrap and OTC or go to the ER. The fuck? Shouldn’t there be a not-E R that has and X-ray? I don’t even want a fucking chest X-ray I want the fucking pills for a couple days. Fuck.

Then the fucking Safeway has a 1.7 yard ace bandage. Oh awesome. I could wrap that around my fat ass maybe once.

I about passed out from one sneeze. Going with the Tylenol naproxen weed and booze cocktail. Damn. Thanks for letting me crybaby for a bit.

Wrapping for a broken rib isn't usually a good idea.

Broke my 9th rib near my spine on 27th December. Took damn near two months to not be anything from screaming in agony to just painful all the time.

Vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........