Thread: Strolz boots?

Strolz boots?

Anybody ski in them? And which boot did you last own?

I saw a pair in the tram line yeasterday. I point out nearly every pair I see- which isn't many. "Ya za'' Strolz"

Super heavy- really heavy. I've worked on more than a few pairs.

Old Conformable style foam liners. Hard as a rock. Cold too. But some people really love them. I don't get it. A few years back I. cooked Intuitions as a replacement liner for the stock foam liner. Guy was psyched. He could believed the weight/comfort difference.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I have strolz and aside from my tele Merrell super comps, they are the most comfortable boot I've ever owned. The process builds the footbed also.

I have intuition in my at boots now and have had them before...yeah, lighter, but nowhere near the fit. I guess I don't really care about weight riding the lift.

How is Strolz foam different that Conformable? I've often thought people like Strolz because the shell is designed for the liner. Standard foam liners went into many different shells and it was hard to get good consistent flex. Strolz are built well- I'll give you that.
    Last edited by skiing-in-jackson; 12-24-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

I cannot answer that, but the process makes a lot of sense to me. They do measurements of your foot, build a mold and heat form the shell to that. Then they foam the bladder and footbed.

I have bunions and a high arch. Have always had some issues with boots and I've worked in shops so had access to fitting. Constantly blowing out shells and messing with crap. Starting with the shell just makes sense imo.

Had them and got rid of them after a few seasons.

As above, heavy and cold as fuck. Mine had to be rebuckled over the course of the morning as they seemed to pack out during the day. The shop replaced the liners trying to since this to no prevail. Really don’t like the shells either, seemed outdated.

They've worked well for a couple folks I know with truly anomalous feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I've had a pair of Strolz since 2001. Other boots I've owned probably aren't relevant since it's been so long, but on the tele side I've rocked a pair of Garmont EnerGs since ~2004 and used various AT boots like the Scarpa Skookum and the Titan.

For me Strolz are the only ski boots I can use. I am a size 9 and my metatarsals are 130mm across. Think about that. The widest Scarpas I ever saw were the old last the Skookum was on which was 106mm at the metatarsal. My EnerGs are 104mm. I love skiing, but more or less endure pure pedal misery whenever I ski except in my Strolz.

My Strolz were my patrol boots when I first got them. Yes they are kinda cold.

Interestingly, I bought them because it was the only shell I could fit, not because I bought their liner pitch. At the time Intuition wasn't a thing, so I guess it made sense. However, fast forward to now and I just bought some Intuition Luxury High Volumes to throw in my Strolz and breathe new life. Why? Well, for one I don't have time to drive to Aspen and get new Strolz liners. For two, I just want the wide shells and don't give a hoot about the liner game. I'll put my Superfeet corks in with my new Intuitions and have a warm, wide boot that keeps me skiing.

They are heavy, too. I used to use them with Fritschi Freerides, but now I'm old and fat and decided a few years ago if I skin again when the kids grow up I'll likely look seriously at getting back on a snowboard and investing in a splitter setup.

So for me they were well worth it. The shells are in great shape and I've only had to do minimal repairs on the walk-mechanism.

Funny saw what looked to be a new design at Killington yesterday- very much updated!