Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Inflection point? Lets monetize our TGR posts and comments!

First off, not sure which subforum to post this so let me know if I should move it and i'll do so.

And, note; I'm just a broke ski tech/ideas guy with no techy clue really but like to think about shit while skinning uphill in moving meditation.

Two Ideas:

1. Start an alt coin...group discussion on the name... TGRCOIN? FKNA Coin? (as suggested over at the Bitcoin thread)

-- no clue how this would accumulate value other than being a tulip but i'm sure smarter folks than me can figure out those details. Even it's a tulip, we can be the first movers and take the advantage and pump and dump it? No clue really, just cut and pasting jargon I don't really understand from people who talk about this shit.

2. Transpose the whole TGR forum into STEEMIT.com or convert TGR forums to a STEEMIT model?

https://steemit.com/

here's the 'what the fuck is steemit' faq:

https://steemit.com/faq.html#What_is_Steemit_com

I've got buddies posting articles, upvoting, commenting daily and making decent bucks a day depending on how much time they're on the site. The money accumulates as steem power and dollars which convert to hard currency or convert to other cryptos. Steem is also listed on the crypto market and is tradeable by the general public and saw some good gains in the past little while...(until today's temporary crash)

I'm in the app process right now; can't wait to start monetizing my ski binding/boot ramp/delta angles rants!

But seriously though, why don't we pressure the powers that be to convert to a steemit model or just move the whole works into steemit.com?

We're at an inflection point; time for action.

TGR2.0?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Bullshit? or Viable?
    Master of mediocrity.

I'm in.

what we would we buy?

H's and B's? a telsa? ski area in maine?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    what we would we buy?

Well, each personal account builds personal wealth but we can collectively figure out some paradigm of intention.

I'm kinda thinkin' a voluntary to be determined percentage of annual personal account gains contribution to a collective account for dispersal of accumulated funds to cool grass roots ski hills like co-ops such as, for example (fully admit bias and home ski hill advocacy ) mymountaincoop/Shames Mountain ski hill in Terrace, B.C. and other such worthy ski industry related causes?

Also on a personal level I think it would be cool to support fellow mags going through hard times/illness/injury?

Just brainstorming on the fly; sky's the limit really.
    Master of mediocrity.

I like it. We're posting anyway.

Then it won't be just the Russian Trumpbots getting paid.

It worked well for Vail's forum. I think popular posters should certainly get more alt coin than less popular. Would increase quality of content and lessen gameplaying.

Consequently some people should be charged actual $$ for posting crap. Nu net neutrally?

Maybe fund trip insurance so if some body needs help they can get it?

Oar duz this enable bad behavior?
    watch out for snakes

OP: fuck no

that's an invitation for damian-sanders-make-a-thread-every-5-secs types

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    OP: fuck no

that's an invitation for damian-sanders-make-a-thread-every-5-secs types

Good point. How about folks do have to pay to post..like a deposit and if people like it/upvote with TGR currency cents/dollars, they make their deposit back and roll into the green candles of profit?

Let the free market decide after you wanna play/you gotta pay.

Don't you think that would weed out the bullshit posts?
    Master of mediocrity.

the market will decide that

coin purchases must come with stickers to attract the clientele here
    skid luxury

anything that takes pressure off the PNW housing market. Just don’t mess with my cheap electricity. Side note...spell check here turns pnw into pnwbrit.

Redeemable for tags. 20 solid nickelcoins= one#

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    what we would we buy?

Hookers and blow

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofSeasonsPast View Post
    It worked well for Vail's forum. I think popular posters should certainly get more alt coin than less popular. Would increase quality of content and lessen gameplaying.
    In that case fuck no. #bringbacktags

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    First off,not sure which subforum to post this so

1. Start an alt coin.

2. Transpose the whole TGR forum into STEEMIT.com

TGR2.0?
    So you figured General Ski / Snowboard Discussion? Really? Out of all the choices, this is the one you settled on?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    So you figured General Ski / Snowboard Discussion? Really? Out of all the choices, this is the one you settled on?
    You can't see his post? It's right there.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Well...i'm kindofa tech talk purist soooo.... yeah, maybe I should have posted this on the 'Fishing' subforum? I figured 'General ski/snowboard discussion' was general enough to poke enough eyes for views and prompt some opinions, considering I'm interested in hearing what skiing peeps have to say.

"out of all the choices..." so where should I move it to, oh wise one?

Meanwhile, bitcoin and alts are climbing and subsidizing the lifestyle...FKNA coin coulda been along for the ride, if it was listed on Bittrex or Binanace.
    Master of mediocrity.

"out of all the choices..." so where should I move it to, oh wise one?
    Too easy: Bullfighting JONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    I like it. We're posting anyway.

Then it won't be just the Russian Trumpbots getting paid.
    eek!

dex can now get paid to tell us how much he knows about sexual harassment, external manipulation of our lauded democracy by russia and...

wait for it....

israel!!

Good point. How about folks do have to pay to post..like a deposit and if people like it/upvote with TGR currency cents/dollars, they make their deposit back and roll into the green candles of profit?

Let the free market decide after you wanna play/you gotta pay.

Don't you think that would weed out the bullshit posts?
    the internet government will nationalize their resources and censor.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i live the high life and belong to a community of like minded friends and potential acquaintances of passion sharing
    i have no need for followers or montization
    im already
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i live the high life and belong to a community of like minded friends and potential acquaintances of passion sharing
    i have no need for followers or montization
    im already
    Yeah, I feel ya skifishbum...but...what about the greater good stuff? Beyond personal gain what about using the potential monetary gains to help out the ski community? Like I said, contributions to small struggling ski hills, fellow mags facing life hardship/illness/injury, worthy ski related social causes, etc?

Real world implementation of such measures are beyond my wheelhouse but just can't help but thinking it could be a rising tide that floats all boats if cryptos/alts gain traction globally and the market cap in general keeps climbing to the moon.

I mean no disrespect to the O.G.'s and don't want to tarnish the vibe of the site; just throwin' it out there and see what folks think.

If consensus says no, then no loss...but also; no gain.
    Master of mediocrity.

what would cwb do?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    bullfighting is much overlooked
    The injustice of our times knows no bounds. Boxing, rock climbing, motor racing and bullfighting. Come on people!