Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PM Rontele. He's PSIA certified and can give you some solid pointers for improving.

Lose the go pro.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Gordy Peiffer: "Fuck your turns, don't shit your turns."
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    What he said. You're skiing like you're taking a shit. Get forward and pressure the shins in the boot. I think I was just trolled.
    Don't rush to judgement, first things first.

Are you actually taking a shit in that video?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    #disappointed
    I thought this was going to about shitting in ski boots
    I swear I read in maybe the pants shitting thread about someone who shit while skiing and ditched the underwear in the trees. That's a shitty ski habit. Bmills, you got the thread deets? Or do you only specialize in more recent thread cross-references?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Praxis Rx won’t fix him
    Such harsh language!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I can't tell much from the vid but a great tip to address back seating is to jump up and down a few times as you are traversing to your line or going across the fall line before you drop in. It's a great way to find your center. Basically, if you are leaning forward or backward or whatever, you simply won't be able to jump up and down. You have to be centered to effectively jump up and down. It's a basic level 1 ski instructor move but it's something I come back to when I'm feeling off.

In every go pro video I've ever seen it looks like the inside ski isn't parallel. Optical illusion or only shitty skiers use go pro or both?
    In any case--two major mistakes you are making--1) trying to analyze your skiing from a pov video and 2) asking about technique here. Everyone here is a skiing god that was born knowing how to ski expertly. Since no one here has ever taken a lesson or had to learn technique but just did it naturally they have no idea how to tell a mortal how to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In every go pro video I've ever seen it looks like the inside ski isn't parallel. Optical illusion or only shitty skiers use go pro or both?
    In any case--two major mistakes you are making--1) trying to analyze your skiing from a pov video and 2) asking about technique here. Everyone here is a skiing god that was born knowing how to ski expertly. Since no one here has ever taken a lesson or had to learn technique but just did it naturally they have no idea how to tell a mortal how to ski.
    optical illusion due to fish eye lense. Also good turn on harder snow will divega then converge ever so slightly do to balance being put on the outside ski.

optical illusion in Ted's video skiing downhill notice even wedged going straight

You can also see it here

Also the Op there is some truly awful advice being given out in this thread. I am not a skiing god, I didnt ski til I was an adult but I now coach other coaches other how to coach, if you post up some non POV video I really will help you, but POV video is impossible to help from.

Just ski down really fast and if something gets in your way, turn
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

When was the last time you got de wormed?
    watch out for snakes

start snowboarding
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Gordy Peiffer: "Fuck your turns, don't shit your turns."
    Solid advice.

I'd also add to get your hands in front. It's staggering how many people I see that either ski with their hands at their hips or drop them when they turn. Hands up and elbows in front of your rib cage.

My shitty ski habits

Seconded from a chronic hand dropper. Even though I try.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    See, now you're doing it all wrong, you gotta open your throat, relax your jaw. ' and don't forget to cup the balls
    Suck, Henrietta, suck... blow is just an expression.

Problem solved

Watched it quickly, you also looked a bit like you were turning a steering wheel with your shoulders.

Third or fourth the video comments. But, you might wait until summer before working on changing much. Or, just block out resort time to work on groomers, and or do a few weeks of summer race camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    optical illusion due to fish eye lense. Also good turn on harder snow will divega then converge ever so slightly do to balance being put on the outside ski.
    thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Everyone here is a skiing god that was born knowing how to ski expertly. they have no idea how to tell a mortal how to ski.

Is this the God “Pa”? You say his name on every turn. Is he the God in the video? Find a new god and start saying his name.
    My copilot is Kedar.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I bought a pair of used K2 Comp 710s at a ski swap in high school. no bindings so I figured I'd mount them myself(never done it before) no youtube or ref material to follow so I just measured and ball parked the middle(there was no hash mark on them) I think I didn't compensate for running edge ie just tip to tail and divide by half . anyway I was off by a few inches, I guess. point is, I skied them set back way too far and was stuck in the back seat until one of my dad's friends, an instructor, asked me what's up cuz I was a decent skier.I told him the story and he laughed like hell and helped me mount them correctly. so, I feel that pain.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    was stuck in the back seat until one of my dad's friends, an instructor.
    You probably should have waited until your Dad got home from work to use his power tools anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Just ski down really fast and if something gets in your way, turn
    This.

Also, may be helpful if he could gopro how he stores his skis in his car.

shitty mounting habits

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You probably should have waited until your Dad got home from work to use his power tools anyway.
    what's funny is, my dad had a barn full of tools. I just had no jig, had to eye ball it. later on, in college, I got a job as a ski tech/tuner and learned the right way to mount bindings and dial in settings. up until then, it was DIY with waxing and sharpening.
    I'd always paid for mounting, just to be safe.

you can see on the pic the midpoint had to be added. I knew the boot midpoint hash mark was supposed to match up, but there was no ref point on the ski.
    Those Comp 710s looked bad ass even though they were thrashed.I'm talking 1981. I thought phil & steve mahre were the balls
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Solid advice.

I'd also add to get your hands in front. It's staggering how many people I see that either ski with their hands at their hips or drop them when they turn. Hands up and elbows in front of your rib cage.
    are hands in front a movement or a static position?

pole plants are out of wack somehow ...doesnt seem right
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000