Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    This is the almost 5 star highest rated spot for grub there. DD would be in heaven.

Fish Tacos!
    Something with a veg and rice side:
    ]
    Don't be ridiculous. That steak has grill marks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Whitefish and Schweitzer fit this pretty well except for total snowfall. Schweitzer averages 300" and Whitefish is probably nearly the same. Other than that, Whitefish/Kalispell are relatively small, not near a big city and Sandpoint is small and 70 miles from Spokane. Both communities are on or very near some awesome lakes and you have Glacier NP close to Whitefish. Neither are 'bro-brah' and aren't crowded, at least by CO standards.

Lookout is too small of an area for my tastes, too flat, and the closest town is Wallace then Kellogg, both of which are small but not that attractive for living in. Silver Mountain is right at Kellogg so you would have two ski areas if you were in that area. Silver's....okay but not that great, at least in my opinion. Others may say differently but that's fine.
    I second all of this. Kellogg is a shit hole. The skiing at silver really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Kellogg is indeed a shithole, but there’s great biking all around, and the skiing isn’t too bad either. Cheap houses as well, but no jobs. But the whole superfund thing is a deal breaker; I know a couple people who grew up in Wallace, and have weird rare cancers now. Not worth the risk for a so-so area.
    Yep, me too.
    High amounts of lead, everywhere.

Whitefish/Kalispel is a nice area. WFMR is kind of ho hum and foggy, but your only two hours to Fernie.
    If you get away from the front range, Colorado's a totally different place. The Grand Valley has a lot of positives and you can get a ski in/out place at Powderhorn for 400k.

Yeah I don't know what people do there besides ski and drink beer. Sweet little ski area though and the little dive hotel I like makes a pretty good breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Dated a girl from, and spent time in Baker City. Never skied A-lakes but hiked it and it looked cool. Baker City though? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    And, it never snows, is too crowded and has boring terrain. Wenatchee is a cultural wasteland, why I live here is anyone's guess.
    There is a reason why they don't report seasonal snowfall totals at our little hill...

Lol, hmm, let's grab dinner... honey do you want quick mexican food or sit down mexican food?

I think you live here because you like to suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. That steak has grill marks.
    It probably came with them; they call the special, "The Brand"!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    It's terrible. Just like the OP, I've been investigating other options when my kiddo is out of the Summit school system. We did a road trip through MT, ID and Eastern WA in the summer of '16 and stopped in Kellogg.....NOPE, can't live there. Silver Mountain seems like a great little ski hill tho.
    Options I came up with....
    Hamilton, MT....ski Lost Trail...350" annually. 'Bout an hour to Missoula from town.
    Bozeman, MT....obviously Bridger and Big Sky...not small tho...but not the shitshow that Summit/Front Range is.
    Red Lodge, MT....decent little town. pretty decent ski hill...300", great backcountry.
    McCall, ID....another great town with the lake right there.....terrain at Brundage isn't very interesting tho...but good snow. Good bc options.
    Missoula, MT.....great bigger town/small city, IMO. Skiing is pretty decent at Snowbowl and Lookout and Lost Trail are both under 2 hours for a change of scenery. Oh, the Mexican food in Missoula sucks...pretty disappointed there.

I didn't really care for any of the towns in Eastern ID other than Victor.
    The great Summit county migration of 2020! Good to hear we are on the same page. Taos is awesome, but the town sucks and snowfall to inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    There is a reason why they don't report seasonal snowfall totals at our little hill...

Lol, hmm, let's grab dinner... honey do you want quick mexican food or sit down mexican food?

I think you live here because you like to suffer.
    Yeah, we get half the snow and have almost twice the acreage of Stevens. Spread thin.

Mexican really is the only dining option.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    The great Summit county migration of 2020! Good to hear we are on the same page. Taos is awesome, but the town sucks and snowfall to inconsistent.

What happens when all you coloradbros move to our little western towns and colorado them up? Will we need to upgrade from Subaru to Audi s4? Will we be able to buy non-vegan burritos? Will all our local highways become gridlocked on the way to the ski area? Will Colorado ski areas no longer be crowded with Coloradoians and therefore be cool again?

Yeah, we get half the snow and have almost twice the acreage of Stevens. Spread thin.

Actually its more like a 1/3 to 1/4 snowfall if you look at the snotel data. Average snowfall at Stevens is 450"... do the math.

I have trouble choosing which one to go to most of the time.

No luv for The Windmill?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    What happens when all you coloradbros move to our little western towns and colorado them up? Will we need to upgrade from Subaru to Audi s4? Will we be able to buy non-vegan burritos? Will all our local highways become gridlocked on the way to the ski area? Will Colorado ski areas no longer be crowded with Coloradoians and therefore be cool again?
    You better start training now!

And, it never snows, is too crowded and has boring terrain. Wenatchee is a cultural wasteland, why I live here is anyone's guess.
    I’ve always thought of Wenatchee as the pinnacle of culture in EW
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I’ve always thought of Wenatchee as the pinnacle of culture in EW
    That says more about you than Wenatchee

there's no secret place.

Maybe you should take a look at living near Wolf Creek. You can ski a lot of pow at Wolf Creek and if you get bored you can go ski steeps at Taos. I know you ruled out all of CO...but still maybe worth a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    there's no secret place.

Maybe you should take a look at living near Wolf Creek. You can ski a lot of pow at Wolf Creek and if you get bored you can go ski steeps at Taos. I know you ruled out all of CO...but still maybe worth a second thought.
    Always thought Creede was a cool little town....less than an hour to Wolf Creek.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    That says more about you than Wenatchee
    Where else in the state is there a KFC Buffet?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

doublin' down eh?

Also, a KFC/Taco Bell combo restaurant on the other side of the river. It's a bit overwhelming honestly.

No luv for The Windmill?
    I'm being facetious. I really can't think of any other place I'd really like to live at this time in my life.

The steaks, beef in general, at The Windmill are pretty fucking good.

Happiness is wanting what you have. You're winning

Happiness is wanting what you have. You're winning
    Every time I get the itch to move on I start looking around and no place seems quite as good when it comes to employment, affordability, access to outdoor activities and weather in aggregate.

Hey, I'm with ya. 'Natch is in position A

Hey, I'm with ya. 'Natch is in position A
    Ellensburg would be fine too but the job market for me isn't nearly the same, I would have to commute to Wenatchee or Yakima to make the same amount. I also don't want to live on or near an Interstate. The recreation immediately adjacent to town isn't quite the same as here either. It would be nice to have better access to the Teanaway though.

doublin' down eh?
    Never mind, Tukwila has one