Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    To the OP.

http://www.skimaverick.com/trail-map/

A friends Daughter and fiancee just bought this area last year and are running it as a Mom and Pop Op.

Inexpensive, Dillion MT is nearby, only fly in the ointment is < 350" per year. Like most ski areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    To the OP.

A friends Daughter and fiancee just bought this area last year and are running it as a Mom and Pop Op.

Inexpensive, Dillion MT is nearby, only fly in the ointment is < 350" per year. Like most ski areas.
    I almost took a job in Dillon 15 years ago, my ex wife refused. Should have divorced her then.

Maverick is pretty damn fun for only one chairlift. And you could buy Jackson hot springs right now.

To the OP.

You could live somewhere in the Wisdom valley and be halfway between Maverick and Lost Trail Powder.

To the OP.

<350" isn't a deal breaker, but 200" avg kinda is. Looks like a cool spot though. If I could find something like that with a little more snow, I'd be set.

The 350" requirement comes from Abasin, where I normally ski, getting 350" however their season is longer so that's probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    <350" isn't a deal breaker, but 200" avg kinda is. Looks like a cool spot though. If I could find something like that with a little more snow, I'd be set.

The 350" requirement comes from Abasin, where I normally ski, getting 350" however their season is longer so that's probably why.
    Not to mention ski area marketing and differences in SWE. 300" of snowfall in OR is way more than 300" in CO when is comes to snowpack.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Not to mention ski area marketing and differences in SWE. 300" of snowfall in OR is way more than 300" in CO when is comes to snowpack.
    Truth

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Not too motivated to point another douchebag front ranger to a cool quiet mountain town.
    5 years ago, nobody knew about Mt. Bohemia. Now everyone and their mom does.

I concur with you.

Anthony Lakes, Pomerelle, Brundage. Great powder, no crazy big crowds or long waits.

These places are some of the most consistent for good snow, lower costs and no Turkey necks. They've got great o.b. and off piste riding too. There are a few others also...but you'll have to search on those yourself. As always shoot for those weekday turns at a resort if you can, it's just better that way. Enjoy yourself out there!

Stomping it!