Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Cascades Amtrak Derails onto I-5

Amtrak train derails in Washington state onto Interstate 5; injuries reported

First day of service
    I want to know how the hell this happens!!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

showing one car upside down across I5 with another on top. looks bad

looks like I was slow to hit enter

Sounds bad, hope for survivors.
    watch out for snakes

I was just talking about this new line last night, as Mrs Plug takes this line to go to Portland. What a huge bummer.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

They said there is a semi truck underneath it too. Vibes for everyone involved.

Holy shit. First day? I wouldn't be amazed if it tuned out someone planned this. On the other hand I wouldn't be amazed to find it it happened because Amtrak is massively incompetent either.

Vibes to all involved.

Two weeks ago today, the mayor from the next town over of the current accident scene... "Lakewood mayor predicts deadly accidents from high-speed train service" http://komonews.com/news/local/lakew...-train-service

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Two weeks ago today, the mayor from the next town over of the current accident scene... "Lakewood mayor predicts deadly accidents from high-speed train service" http://komonews.com/news/local/lakew...-train-service
    Throwing out an "I Told You So" while they are still scraping out the bodies? Hum??
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Gnarly. I had planned on taking the train up Wednesday for some business in Kirkland. I think I'll drive.

Vibes to those affected.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Amtrak train derails in Washington state onto Interstate 5; injuries reported

First day of service
    I want to know how the hell this happens!!
    Throwing out an "I Told You So" while they are still scraping out the bodies? Hum??
    Based on the quote in the article, the mayor may have some answers to your question. “Come back when there is that accident, and try to justify not putting in those safety enhancements, or you can go back now and advocate for the money to do it, because this project was never needed and endangers our citizens,”

Vibes... Even our trains are falling apart.
    Hoping for the best.

20 injured but alive at the Army Medical Center - Good news. Sounds like the crash is right at an Army Base, Stories of Army personnel on foot ran to the crash
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Based on the quote in the article, the mayor may have some answers to your question. “Come back when there is that accident, and try to justify not putting in those safety enhancements, or you can go back now and advocate for the money to do it, because this project was never needed and endangers our citizens,”
    I'm all for faster public transit. It removes a lot of the reason people won't use it.

That KOMO article basically said the new train route is unsafe because of speed and reasons. Not much else. IF the train is unsafe because of speed and lacking improvements or infrastructure; fine, that makes sense. But to say it's unsafe just because it's fast? That sounds like an Oregon legislator rallying against raising the state maximum speed limit of 55mph.

Was he pointing out the lack of adequate safety provisions? Or was it the tracks weren't up to spec for a higher speed? Or something else?

20 injured but alive at the Army Medical Center - Good news. Sounds like the crash is right at an Army Base, Stories of Army personnel on foot ran to the crash
    JBLM, yah?

Holy shit

What's the deal with the new line? Looks like the same route as the long-standing Seattle-to-Portland Amtrak run, which I have taken numerous times.

No, it's way worse than that. At least 3 dead and 70 injured.

This new line was supposed to shave 10 minutes off a 3hr trip. 10 lousy minutes.

Cascades Amtrak Derails onto I-5

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Holy shit

What's the deal with the new line? Looks like the same route as the long-standing Seattle-to-Portland Amtrak run, which I have taken numerous times.
    Slight reroute away from the purty sound views. Also, there’s more to it than just 10 minutes saved, I don’t have the time explain and research.

Apparently the train hit something. Early report was a truck, but now unconfirmed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Piecing things together, and looking at the undamaged Engine. Looks like a truck hit the train in the side derailing it just prior to the Bridge.

I thinks that's gonna be the story
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Hey,
    Is it possible the Engine we see was pushing, not pulling?

If that's the case the scene makes a lot more sense.

Update.
    The engine on the Tracks was in the back. The engine that was pulling went through the woods and ended up on I 5

Maybe they did hit the corner at speed and derail - My God! that would be so pathetic!! I guess we have to wait and see
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Aerial view
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Hey,
    Is it possible the Engine we see was pushing, not pulling?

If that's the case the scene makes a lot more sense.

Update.
    The engine on the Tracks was in the back. The engine that was pulling went through the woods and ended up on I 5

Maybe they did hit the corner at speed and derail - My God! that would be so pathetic!! I guess we have to wait and see
    This is what I heard, it was a pusher, with an engine on both ends.

Something doesn't add up. From the aerial photos it doesn't look like the train took the turn at all. Seems like it just kept going straight. Even if the train was going too fast I can't imagine that happening.