Heat socks for skiing

Feet are pretty much constantly cold the whole year, and my Cochises are the coldest boots I've ever had.
    While researching heat packs for my soles I came upon socks. Far better according to a few shops, but not much info out there.

They seem to fix the problem with broken cables and lost batteries, but at the cost of having to buy replacement socks when they wear out.

What else is there to know? Does it work? Pressure from wiring? Wear out fast? Doesn't handle washing?
    Especially the SIDAS offerings are interesting.

https://www.sidassport.com/en/53-ski/s-3/products-socks

Can u put intuition liner in?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Those look interdasting, no experience with those. I have the Hotronic foot soles in my Alpine boots for the coldest days. It is rare I need anything when touring. Give them a try and see how they do for you.

Also as whyturn mentioned Intuition liners when molded and fitted correctly are much warmer and lighter than any stock liner.
    watch out for snakes

Cochise are fucking cold.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Heated socks are the bomb. I have some Lenz, same concept as SISAS. I need them for work where I have to stand around for hours.
    They are fine in your ski boots, you can’t fell the wires, the pads are noticeable if your trying to feel them. Washing is simple machine wash in their own mesh bag.
    If you have chronic cold feet these are a great answer.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 12-18-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Wow -$300 for electric socks?!?!?

I did sum googling and found the Sidas socks are only available in the UK and run about $240 and up.

Therm-IC Powersock is a similar item and starts around $300. Backcountry.com has them.

The socks would be nice since they could be used boot to boot. My Hotronics live in my Alpine boots and I of course had to cut the liners enough to fit the wire/plug out and up in between the liner and shell.

I may pick up a pair to try them out. My main cold spots are the toes, the rest of my foot is usually ok.
    watch out for snakes

Neighbor friend (Patroller) suffers from cold feet. She did the Hottronics for several years and had the usual issues, broken wires, bad/lost batteries.

Last year she started using the Therm IC socks and has given rave reviews.

I used intuitions for the last 15 years or so and they are pretty good. Buddy talked me into Zipfits last season and they are a step above for warmth and comfort.

I have a pair of Intuitions for sale now, wrapped style, never heated 28.0 that I would sell cheap. Just saying.

yer running right into the 3 t rule with them heated socks

i buy the toe warmer chemical heater packs by the box and boot gloves help too

the toe warmers are sticky so i seen em stuck on timing gear, radios, i phones

all my boots have intuition pws

i thot zip fits were suposed to be cold?

c
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

One down side to the socks would be having to wash and dry them for use in consecutive days of skiing.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Can u put intuition liner in?
    Not interested in going that way right now. Have Mtn Labs for touring / some inbounds, probably getting rid of the Cochises after this season. Not that crazy on them, and my next pair of alpines might get custom liners.

But yeah, Intuitions are sweet. Used to tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Cochise are fucking cold.
    Worst I've ever had. Can't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    I did sum googling and found the Sidas socks are only available in the UK and run about $240 and up.
    My main cold spots are the toes, the rest of my foot is usually ok.
    I live in Norway, available here. Several other brands as well. Seems like they are getting more popular.
    Yeah, toes exlusively.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Neighbor friend (Patroller) suffers from cold feet. She did the Hottronics for several years and had the usual issues, broken wires, bad/lost batteries.

Last year she started using the Therm IC socks and has given rave reviews.

I used intuitions for the last 15 years or so and they are pretty good. Buddy talked me into Zipfits last season and they are a step above for warmth and comfort.

I have a pair of Intuitions for sale now, wrapped style, never heated 28.0 that I would sell cheap. Just saying.
    No need for the liners, thanks for the info though.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yer running right into the 3 t rule with them heated socks
    3 t rule ?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    One down side to the socks would be having to wash and dry them for use in consecutive days of skiing.
    Yeah, considered that. Not a problem in itself, can buy more spare-socks. But if the socks wear out after a season it's getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Heated socks are the bomb. I have some Lenz, same concept as SISAS. I need them for work where I have to stand around for hours.
    They are fine in your ski boots, you can’t fell the wires, the pads are noticeable if your trying to feel them. Washing is simple machine wash in their own mesh bag.
    If you have chronic cold feet these are a great answer.
    Thanks. What about battery life? Do they last a full day of skiing? Can't imagine I'll need to use more than the lowest temp setting.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Thanks. What about battery life? Do they last a full day of skiing? Can't imagine I'll need to use more than the lowest temp setting.
    I’ve gotten over 13hours on low setting before. Spent 13hrs in -22 standing in snow in winter mountaineering boots.
    Way more than a skiing day.

Not to be confused with the 3f rule, the 3 t rules states that if something has tits tires or transistors ... Sooner or later you will have trouble with it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Snowinn seems to have the best deal on Lenz socks
    watch out for snakes

Hotrinics, saved skiing for me, saved my feet, screw the socks, get the batteries and tape the celiniod to the bottom of your footbed

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Not to be confused with the 3f rule, the 3 t rules states that if something has tits tires or transistors ... Sooner or later you will have trouble with it
    Haha, yeah.........unfortunately it seems like my toes are the fourth F

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Hotrinics, saved skiing for me, saved my feet, screw the socks, get the batteries and tape the celiniod to the bottom of your footbed
    Will consider

The Lenz socks didn’t really work all that well for me. We had a warm season, that I only used them a couple of times and then the batteries crapped out the next year after the warranty ran out.

Got a pair of Lenz socks today. Gonna try them out next ski trip. They seem to be well made. I noticed in the instructions that the Li ion batteries should be stored with only half charge and then not for extended periods.
    watch out for snakes

I was at Race Stock Sports in Waterury, VT right before Xmas. Was there for maybe 90 minutes getting some boot work done. Saw at least 4 pairs of $300 Lenz socks go out the door while I was there. PJ was pretty hyped up about them.

Was just touching a pair of Hotronic socks today. The wire for them runs down the back of the sock, and under the foot. Seems like they would be fairly thick if your ski boots fit right in the first place. I'd say they are of comparable thickness on top to a thin ski sock, but the bottom is like a thick sock. This review from 30 seconds worth of fondling, take with grain of salt.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Cochise are effing cold... my feet are frozen at all times, but I think I have fit issues.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Lots of info on heated socks in this thread too...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...z-Heated-Socks