Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My house has not had the flu, but we have had some nasty wicked cold that holds on for weeks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So far, so good and I don't even want to think about it. It seems like I end up getting some kind of illness during my Christmas break and that sucks big time.

Yes, fuck. 3 days with a fever and feels like I’m getting worse. Sickest I’ve been in decades. Worst part is that this is my second time in a month to get a flu like illness, though round two is way worse. Silver lining is that I’ve lived on the lazy boy watching tv being watered and fed.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Sorry to hear. I still shiver thinking about the last time I had it bad like 20 years ago. So sick. Hope you don't get like that. Did you get the shot this year?

Yes, indeed. I’m typically a flu shot proponent but am finding it hard to be a believer right now.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Y'all got that flu yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Yes, indeed. I’m typically a flu shot proponent but am finding it hard to be a believer right now.
    It sucks trusting the science, and then becoming a statistic.
    Hope you kick the bug and heal up soon!

Y'all got that flu yet?

I had mild fever once this year. I always get the shot now. Bay Area has so much international integration it’s some cheap prevention. The sickest I’ve ever been is getting flu from Asian tourists:

Both of these flu strains are in this year's vaccine, but while the H1N1 component is up to 65 percent effective, the effectiveness of the H3N2 is far less, according to the CDC.

An underrated benefit of the vaccine is that even if you get sick, your flu will be milder than if you haven't been vaccinated. A milder flu can prevent complications like pneumonia that can be deadly, especially to the very young and very old.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Avoiding people is a good way to not get flu. I also wipe down surfaces at work with those germ death wipes.

Both of my kids have gone down in the last week. I’m sanitizing myself every chance I get!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

My wife and daughter have been sick for 3-4 days. Doesn't sound as bad as the flu, but something is going around. Wash your hands a lot and avoid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yep. 7 days floored with influenza.

There definitely were some highlights with the "manfluenza": fever pushing 40c, full body ache and watching 4 episodes of Star Trek Originals in a row (the remote was in the toilet, could not fetch it). Most of the time I could function...like, urinate relatively close to the toilet, spill some Gatorade on my shirt, sleep on the floor or nibble on some bacon.

But all the time I was thinking how I would have managed some Bataan Death March, survived in a tent above 6000m, having a Octagon match with a triple amputee or having to dismantle a atomic bomb under 15 minutes.
    Have to say, I prolly would have failed on all accounts.

Havent been properly ill the last 15 years and goddammit, I will get a flue shot next year.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Caught the flu in Japan. Not fun. Missed 3 days of work but recovered quickly by doing nothing but rest. Sucked to have jet lag and the flu at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Caught the flu in Japan. Not fun. Missed 3 days of work but recovered quickly by doing nothing but rest. Sucked to have jet lag and the flu at the same time.
    So YOU'RE patient zero! Contacting CDC now...

I hope to contaminate the entire USA in the name of the Japanese empire.

You sure it wasn’t some bad fish?

Bump. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

- week 1 - head cold. Miss one day of work to try to bump it.
    - week 2 - chest cold, sinus headache, constant cough, nausea, can’t eat. Missed three days of work because I was basically dead.
    - week 3 - feeling better. Taste buds shot. Hacking up flem. Haven’t taken a solid shit in days.

Good news - I’ve lost 10 lbs.
    Bad news - I haven’t skied yet this season.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I'm hoping I get it so that I can't be dragged to see Cats.

I got it on a plane 10 days ago, still hawking up chunks of gray globules, clogged sinuses, wet cough, sinus headaches.

Have not gone to a doctor and won't unless I get a sinus infection indicated by technicolor snot.

Doing the neti pot, drinking a gallon of water a day, lots of vitamin C, zinc every other day or so, but man, I'm fucking tired of this.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Dumbass neighbor smokes a joint with me, THEN proceeds to tell me everyone in his house is sick. Got that thick snot phlegm thing going on for about five days now, hoping it goes away. GF really pisses me off - she never gets sick in 15 years I've known her.

My wife and I got sick after every trip we took last year. Now we're the people that wipe down every inch of the seat, arm rests, seat back and tray when we get into the plane. Yeah we look like 'phobes but so far, so good.

Airports and planes are basically disease vectors at this point. I can't fucking believe it when I see people sitting or laying (and sometimes eating) on the floor in an airport..

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I got it on a plane 10 days ago, still hawking up chunks of gray globules, clogged sinuses, wet cough, sinus headaches.

Have not gone to a doctor and won't unless I get a sinus infection indicated by technicolor snot.

Doing the neti pot, drinking a gallon of water a day, lots of vitamin C, zinc every other day or so, but man, I'm fucking tired of this.

work doctor: did you get a flu shot this year?
    me: I never get the flu.
    him: the company pays for it, and the flu is absolutely miserable.
    me: maybe next year.

Famous last words.

haven’t got a flu shot for the last 6ish years. not because I’m actively avoiding the shot, but just never get around to getting it.

i have a feeling this year’s the year it gets me

Hey! Wash yer FKN hands!

Had flu back in early Oct, slayed it with the Rife machine and supplements. 4 days down.

Had a mf head cold last week, same same. 2 days down.
    watch out for snakes

Got a flu shot and was mild sick for three days. Only took one day rest. Get shot every year.