Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Clean specimen for AKR

That image has me spinning in frustration.

See...most large nematodes that infect humans and other mammals are quite opaque in their mature state. The most common large human nematode, Ascaris lumbricoides (Giant roundworm), is about that size, but in mature form is about as opaque as a spaghetti noodle. That image is closer to the semi-translucent qualities of another common human nematode, Necator americanus, but these are much smaller...only a cm or so.

Having a hard time getting enough imagery of semi-translucent mature nematodes. At work I have nice, quick access to the CDC's DPDx image repository. The DPDx contains one of the largest image repositories of human and mammalian parasites known. But my ISP is throttling the hell out of me right now (too much youtubing, I guess!!).

Maybe Hutash has good access to the DPDx? (But I think his hands are full, right now unfortunately).

Lots of other nematodes are semi-translucent like in your image, but they are much smaller than even Necator americanus!! (Just a few mm)

Terry the tapeworm is buddies with Henry the hemorrhoid.

He would be sad.
    watch out for snakes

I've heard that one of those guys is known as the "Gulmarg Gift". Apparently you can't come back without some intestinal baggage after spending any amount of time there.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Really, Really hot wings?

Time to hit up Taco Bell and add some ghost pepper hot sauce! That'll flush 'em out. Might pick up a couple more along the way, but hey, out with the old, in with the new!

I've read that 1/6th of the world's population is infected with intestinal worms of one species or other. That's well over a billion people!

You wanna see some absolutely DISGUSTING pics? Image google "intestinal roundworms". Don't plan on eating spaghetti for a while, though.

Anybody had ‘em?
    Everybody has 'em. Most of them are nonpathogenic, i.e., harmless.

I've had amoebic dysentery, which kicked my ass and put me in the hospital. I've also had giardsis. Both were no fun.

When I was a kid, intestinal parasitic infection was the leading cause of death in the world.

looks like you have a case of Anisakiasis! my parasitology classes were 30 years ago, so the source is a bit raw.......
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    OK swallow a Bitcoin instead.
    No way! Those things will be worth $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 next year at this pace

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Definitely a nematode, and most likely a pin work. Super common and one of the big three for kids in school. Get some lice and ringworm if you want to go for the trifecta.

Easy to treat. Not sure what an RD (real doctor) would use, but there are many otc pet products that would work. Might make you bark for a week or two, but tour wife might enjoy you humping her leg.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Definitely a nematode, and most likely a pin work. Super common and one of the big three for kids in school. Get some lice and ringworm if you want to go for the trifecta.

Easy to treat. Not sure what an RD (real doctor) would use, but there are many otc pet products that would work. Might make you bark for a week or two, but tour wife might enjoy you humping her leg.
    Ha!

Thats the old hutash we know and love.
    watch out for snakes

aren't pinworms smaller than that? Toxicity of veterinary products used in humans, and dose?
    I know nothing about treating parasites but isn't it sort of like dermatology--one drug treats everything?

Laying off the poopenhausen for a while might be a good idea.

I know of nothing wrong with me, but I may still go to the doctors office after reading this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Where's Assman and his wife? At least this thread had something real, not just a chicken piece

All this IP chat has me running Rife protocols today.
    watch out for snakes

Might make you bark for a week or two, but tour wife might enjoy you humping her leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Laying off the poopenhausen for a while might be a good idea.
    This may be harder than I thought.

Called the doc's office again today. Waiting to hear back. Dropped the sample off on Thursday, so they probably won't get results until today, but I'm not feeling super patient right now. Meantime, my neighbor - who is a bit of a wacky herbalist - gave me a bag of food-grade diatomaceous earth. I was hesitant, but a bit desperate, so drank a teaspoon on Saturday. The result was a toilet full of dead worms on Sunday. I also felt better than I have in weeks. I'm going to hold off any more herbal remedies until I talk to the doc, but I'm hopeful.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Thats good it worked then.

I have used diatomaceous earth for bug issues, had fleas get into the basement. You spread it around with a duster and it cuts the little fukrs open when they crawl over it.
    watch out for snakes

This may be harder than I thought.

Called the doc's office again today. Waiting to hear back. Dropped the sample off on Thursday, so they probably won't get results until today, but I'm not feeling super patient right now. Meantime, my neighbor - who is a bit of a wacky herbalist - gave me a bag of food-grade diatomaceous earth. I was hesitant, but a bit desperate, so drank a teaspoon on Saturday. The result was a toilet full of dead worms on Sunday. I also felt better than I have in weeks. I'm going to hold off any more herbal remedies until I talk to the doc, but I'm hopeful.
    i would do another dose of the diatomaceous earth

And another...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

When I was a little kid, maybe 8-10, I looked into the bowl after dropping a deuce and my turd was teeming with little ~1 cm wriggling worms. Should have told my parents, but freakedoutedness overrode my nascent kid logic. They went away on their own after a while.

The interactions between parasites and certain autoimmune disorders are pretty interesting: https://www.popsci.com/can-intestina...immune-disease

As is the story of hookworm and the "lazy southerner" stereotype: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/na...th-a-bad-name/

While I'm generally pretty skeptical of alternative medicine, diatomaceous earth is pretty benign stuff compared to most antihelminthics.

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    I've heard that one of those guys is known as the "Gulmarg Gift". Apparently you can't come back without some intestinal baggage after spending any amount of time there.
    They aren't big fans of toilets in India: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...ng-sanitation/

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i would do another dose of the diatomaceous earth
    I would jump straight to a mugful of lit napalm

Yeah, we've used it in the garden and on the dog. I'd be bathing in the stuff if my wife wasn't insisting I hold off until I hear from the doc. Dropping a clean specimen (as opposed to a stool sample) off at the lab proved to be much more difficult than one would imagine. The lady desperately wanted a sample, and had no protocol for what I brought in. I'm not real confident that the first sample will be useful, and the wife wants to make sure I still have some worms to give.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.