Dalbello Lupo Carbon/Factory Ideas for stiffer flex?

After a few weeks in my new carbon cuff Lupos I now know they will be to soft for me when temperatures turns warmer and my skiing faster and harder charging.

When that happened in my old Krypton's it was easy to pull the flex adjustments up to the higher setting (since I attached a string loop in each "modular flex inserts" for easy adjustment on the slope)

On my green Lupos I ended up modding them when spring temp came by fastening the inserts from my Krypton's with screws trough one of the river holes in the rear. Unfortunately that won't work on any of the later Lupos since the gap in the lowers have been enlarged to allow for a longer stride when skinning. I've considered to grind out new flex inserts from plastic or rubber.
    Or cutting out the mid (buckle) part of the ftongues from my old Sherpas, or some other non corrugated tongues, And use longer wires or buckles to make them fit under as double tongues.

Since I'm "only" ~82kg/180lbs It would surprise me if I'm the only one looking for stiffer flex!!!?
    So what do you hard charging beafier (then me) Lupo riders think?
    What option sounds most likely to succeed?

Someon have suggested to put rivets in the lowers i front of the cuffs. To me that sounds like it will harm the smooth even curve of flex that is the main reason I have been skiing cabrio boots for the last 17 winters.
    I have tried to fit Zipfit liners since I got recommended they can stiffen up the flex even a bit more then the Strolz injection liners that are stiffer then Intuition Powerwrap liners.
    Last edited by bioicon; 12-17-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Following with interest. No original ideas though
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Pretty sure someone at one point here added a carbon layer to the inside of cabriolet tongues. I think fiberglass would be more appropriate in this situation as it is less likely to crack.
    GFlex epoxy would also probably be the resin of choice.
    If at first try it's still not stiff enough, add another layer.

Start here-
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...er-fabrication
    Definitely go to the Wild Snow link, just what you need to read.
    Last edited by turnfarmer; 12-17-2017 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added info

I would really like to have the option to adjust the flex while skiing. What about moulding a layer og glassfiber against the outside of the cuffs greased with vaseline or some other release agent. Just long enough to only be locked down by the mid buckle.
    More bulk to carry then flex inserts doe..

Sent fra min XT1562 via Tapatalk

Someone I know recently swapped the complete Lupo Ti cuff onto the Grilamid Factory lower shell. Going for the feel of the Ti in a lighter package.

Get a 2nd tongue like turnfarmer suggested, layer with fiberglass til you get the flex you like. Then just swap tongues with the quick change interface when needed. You'll only need to think about bringing the 2nd tongue with you when the temps are warmer, correct?

Any way to stick the Krypton flex “wedge” in the back?

Strongest Booster Strap?
    That Don't Make No Sense

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	306DC9CF-E6E4-4DC5-887A-EBB0FD1265D2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	482.5 KB 
ID:	219116

FWIW, plug liners tend to fit quite well & the Salomon’s here do a great job of stiffening up the boot. You can usually pick up NOS plugs cheaper than purchasing the new liner anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Any way to stick the Krypton flex “wedge” in the back?
    Unfortunately the Krypton flex insert does not fit due to the opening are wider on the Factory/Carbon then on the green Lupos.
    A bummer they have done this as I really liked the flex on my old Lupos. Now I'm concidering to swap over the soles and carbon cuffs onto the old green lowers..

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	306DC9CF-E6E4-4DC5-887A-EBB0FD1265D2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	482.5 KB 
ID:	219116

FWIW, plug liners tend to fit quite well & the Salomon’s here do a great job of stiffening up the boot. You can usually pick up NOS plugs cheaper than purchasing the new liner anyhow.
    I have used Strolz foam injection liners since 2001. Have tried other injection liners, Thermoflex, Intuition and Zipfit. But nothing have worked nearly as good as the Strolz. And they stiffen the flex significantly to.

Concidering booster straps. I have swapped the original top/power strap on both my Lupos and Krypton's for a static wire loop with ratchet straps and buckle (Scarpa)
    An as you know, a wire are significantly stiffer then even the stiffest Booster straps so...