Monoski Aficionados... mounting question

Thanks to help with pickup and shipping from huckster989 I am the proud new owner of a sweet Dynastar monoski!!

I had huckster pull the bindings it came with to make shipping across the country more affordable, so now my plan is to mount my own fucking monoski.

This will be my first monoski mount (shocker I'm sure..) The ski is nicely marked with lines for my templates, but I am confused about one aspect..

Each binding has a center line marked, both at the heel and the toe. Problem is, the toe center lines are 5mm farther apart than the heel lines.

Is this thing really intended to be mounted duck footed with my toes facing out?

I have never skied one before, maybe this is the way things are.. just seems strange, so I wanted to confirm before I drill.

Do you mono? Did you mount your own fucking mono? Is it duck footed??

Binding area
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171215_220922.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	219002

Heel center lines. 115 mm apart

Name:	20171215_220545.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	219003

Toe center lines. 120 mm apart

Name:	20171215_220618.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	219004

My calipers need a battery, and my pictures are uploaded through the app. I know these things are not ideal, but the question remains the same.

I don't have an answer for your question, but I found this on the internet:

You're in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post

You're in good company.
    Now I have a sudden URGE to start monoskiing.

I think mine is like that as well. It's been a while since I mounted it though. Also the toes of your boots are probably a little wider than the heels of your boots. Might need to be mounted that way to fit everything. Talking out of my ass now, I feel the turn initiation on a mono ski is easier with a duck foot mount opening your hips up.
    For a little unsolicited advice, the learning curve is pretty steep and you are going to do a lot of hip checking. Wait for a warm day with some slushy snow, buy hip pads or both. You'll thank me later. Carving doesn't really happen on mine with the pintail shape. It's mostly smearing turns. The pintail shape also means at a certain point the tail wants to come around pretty fast. Unless you plan on skiing everything switch to the road, keeping pointed down the fall line than more than you might want to helps with not washing out the tail.
    Post up if you have more questions and I'll do my best to check this thread.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

The learning curve is far from steep. Yes, this wider mount in th he toes is better. As you've noticed it is correct. Start on a slightly steeper blue run. Always think "knees together" as soon as you start to get out of control think "knees together". It's easy you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post

You're in good company.
    Is the “Les 4000” related to the Lesbostrap 9000?

You'll probably need a Neon Nevica one piece also...headband mandatory

https://www.google.com/search?q=nevi...rZviWEiYpsrhM: